Parity checks - a lot of sync errors all over

cpu

Hello, I've recently had a chance to shutdown my Unraid server (due to some electrical maintanance) and it was a time to do parity check - it ended with:

Event: Unraid Parity check
Subject: Notice [SIGMA] - Parity check finished (475953 errors)
Description: Duration: 14 hours, 33 minutes, 47 seconds. Average speed: 152.6 MB/s
Importance: warning

So far everything is running stable, no problems at all but I decided to run another parity check to see if errors are gone and so far I've got:

Total size:    8 TB    
Elapsed time:    3 hours, 43 minutes    
Current position:    2.09 TB (26.2 %)    
Estimated speed:    143.7 MB/sec    
Estimated finish:    11 hours, 25 minutes    
Sync errors corrected:    475915

I'm attaching diag report, my only cue is LSI HBA controller - shouldn't be overheating especially now when it's winter time and this room is around 18 degC ambient + 2 front fans are pushing air toward rear of case. Anyone has any idea what to do next - should I run 3rd parity check?

I know that my HDDs are 8TB IronWolf which is problematic with unraid >6.9 but I've disabled low current spinup and EPC and since that time I had 0 erros. Also all previous checks were 0 with same drive setup.

I have UPS, shutdowns are clean, I suspected that might be some errors during this first parity check as there was unclean shutdown in past but I had hope that during this last check there'll be no errors.

sigma-diagnostics-20220122-2238.zip

Edited by cpu
3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

First check was non correct, so seconds one was expect to find errors, though Ryzen with above spec RAM is known to corrupt data, fix that and run another correcting check, if it finds errors run a non correcting check without rebooting and post new diags.

Thanks for reply, so second parity check finished with exactly same results, I just starter 3rd check so expect this to end tomorrow.

2022-01-23, 09:28:31	14 hr, 35 min, 32 sec	152.3 MB/s	OK	475953	
2022-01-21, 05:21:24	14 hr, 33 min, 47 sec	152.6 MB/s	OK	475953

About RAM - I've got 2 x Micron MTA18ASF4G72AZ-3G2 32 GB UDIMM ECC - 3200 MHz so according to your post I should set 2400 MHz as it's DUAL RANK with 2nd gen Ryzen (Zen+) CPU - is it correct?

Edited by cpu
2 hours ago, cpu said:

so second parity check finished with exactly same results

That's a good sign.

2 hours ago, cpu said:

About RAM - I've got 2 x Micron MTA18ASF4G72AZ-3G2 32 GB UDIMM ECC - 3200 MHz so according to your post I should set 2400 MHz as it's DUAL RANK with 2nd gen Ryzen (Zen+) CPU - is it correct?

Yep.