First Timer: Hit an Immediate Wall

Alright. Not having a very fun time trying to get going. Just a little background:  Not a confident Unix user. Background is almost entirely DOS/Windows. (Although experience with Home Assistant) The sooner I can get into a GUI, the better.

New system with a 12900k + ASUS z690-i motherboard. First problem is that the system will not boot into the UI. A bunch of bootup configuration text scrolls down and then I am dumped to a blank screen with a flashing cursor. OK. This seems to be a common problem. Maybe something to do with running on an Intel integrated graphics chip. Alright, I guess I will run the thing headless straight out of the gate. Seems like I should be able to connect to the machine via my Windows machine and configure it through the web client. But, I am having no luck connecting to the machine. Any tips on how to get going? The guide says connect via the web client. But, it also says "works on version 6.10 onwards." How do I get version 6.10? Seems like 6.9 needs to be running in order to download a prerelease. I'm stumped.

Edited by Jlarimore
Comic relief

Yes. I get to a login prompt and I believe I just typed "root" and it seemed happy.

I did get to the blue screen and tried both safe mode and normal boot. Both GUI options demonstrated identical behavior.

Good to know that I don't need 6.10 to be able to use the web interface. Now I just need to figure out how to access it from my other machines. http://tower.local just brings me to a blank web page that says. "not secure." Should I learn enough Unix to figure out what its IP address is?

Hmm. I tried dropping all pretense of security in Chrome and I still get nothing but a blank, white, empty webpage. Is there any way I can verify this thing is actually on my network? (like figure out its IP address)

Update: Ooh did get it to change the error message. Now says "This site can't be reached. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" 

Edited by Jlarimore