FileRun: fix default permissions

jesta

I set up FileRun using @BamaJ13's docker template and ran into the issue that files created/uploaded through FileRun's webUI are readonly to other users and thus can't be modified over for example SMB. I first tried very long to launch the docker with different user:group settings and messing with ACLs but couldn't get it to work. Then I dug long and deep and found an undocumented solution. Here are the two steps needed:

1. add two environment variables in template: "APACHE_RUN_GROUP = users" and "APACHE_RUN_GROUP_ID = 100"
  2. after first run, modify or create file /mnt/user/appdata/filerun/customizable/config.php with following content:

<?php

umask(012);

Then all files/dirs created by FileRun will belong to group "users" and have read and write access for other users of UnRAID. Have fun!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

谢谢楼主,找了整整一天,最后在这里解决了问题,如果不输入userid. 那么默认就会是1000权限,然后我修改umask为0112就解决了
但是还有个问题就是我希望让/user-files/这个文件默认创建就是mobody不知道怎么弄,

filerun是个好软件,但是跟nextcloud一样权限问题太让人头大了!!

• 7 months later...
On 1/26/2022 at 10:52 PM, jesta said:

I set up FileRun using @BamaJ13's docker template and ran into the issue that files created/uploaded through FileRun's webUI are readonly to other users and thus can't be modified over for example SMB. I first tried very long to launch the docker with different user:group settings and messing with ACLs but couldn't get it to work. Then I dug long and deep and found an undocumented solution. Here are the two steps needed:

1. add two environment variables in template: "APACHE_RUN_GROUP = users" and "APACHE_RUN_GROUP_ID = 100"
  2. after first run, modify or create file /mnt/user/appdata/filerun/customizable/config.php with following content:

<?php

umask(012);

Then all files/dirs created by FileRun will belong to group "users" and have read and write access for other users of UnRAID. Have fun!

Thanks for the description. I ran into the exact same issue. Can you please add a screenshot of the variables? I don´t get it correctly, what to add wihtin the variable fields.
Best regards!