Fail2Ban Setup with NGINX and Cloudflare tunnels

• 9 months later...

i just cant get this to work..my fail2ban log shows that my work ip is blocked.. but the page still loads and i can still enter my username and password and keep trying and refreshing..

i'm just at a loss here...

tried everything i could think of.. only thing i just changed is the priviliged mode and going to try that now.

edit: priviliged mode did not change anything.. i can still keep pressing F5 and trying new passwords etc..

also added my iptables -nvL from the host. as you can see the reject tables are present.. but something is preventing them from being blocked..

authelia.txt fail2banlog.txt filter authelia-auth.local.txt jail authelia-auth.local.txt

iptables -nvL.txt

Edited by furian
  • 3 weeks later...

I setup fail to ban and it seems to be banning ips.  I checked with my iphone on lte.  I am however getting some errors in the log.

2023-11-09 16:23:02,147 fail2ban.utils          [1]: ERROR   148091209830 -- stderr: 'iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.'
2023-11-09 16:23:02,147 fail2ban.utils          [1]: ERROR   148091209830 -- returned 1
2023-11-09 16:23:02,148 fail2ban.actions        [1]: ERROR   Failed to execute ban jail 'bitwarden' action 'iptables-allports' info 'ActionInfo({'ip': '209.171.85.61', 'family': 'inet4', 'fid': <function Actions.ActionInfo.<lambda> at 0x1480911b9120>, 'raw-ticket': <function Actions.ActionInfo.<lambda> at 0x1480911b98a0>})': Error starting action Jail('bitwarden')/iptables-allports: 'Script error'

Is this anything to be concerened with?  Also in my jail.local file bantime and findtime are in seconds.  What the standard settings that most use?  Also how can I unban someone if they get accidently banned?  I am currently set to 300 seconds for testing.  Also is it possible to put my ip at home on an ignore list?

Edited by Gragorg
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...