Default Route Issue - Possible misconfiguration via the network.cfg

sport
Go to solution Solved by Squid,

I have noticed an issue with the default route doesn't seem to be taking the primary Nic / Network and I am wondering if it has anything to do with the Network.cfg file, which I believe to be inaccurate or missconfigured; perhaps from myself from some testig I was doing at some point and have just forgoten.

To start I only have 2 nics in play for the unraid system itself and the Intel nic is what I consider to the primary vs the realtek.

The default route should be via the 10.71.74 network, but is not.  The routhing table and the network.cfg don't seem to jive with each other.

image.thumb.png.c3f96cebc120a127a72a71d4dec3058f.png

The network.cfg (below) seems to identify 3 sysnics but as I pointed out there is only 2.  Is there an easy way to get things to rights again?

image.thumb.png.9f528c678e759af4cb41a7feb6dcdda8.png

• Solution

Yeah, you've got physical 2 nics, but 3 are listed in the config (must be a ghost from a previous configuration or something)

I've only got 1 (and no easy method for adding another without destroying the WAF while she's watching movies), but you can try making a change to Network settings and reverting it and finally applying to fix you up.

Worst case you delete those 2 files and reconfigure accordingly.

Well I found a gap in my household to delet the network config file and reboot.  That cleared up the ghost nic, but also dropped the onboard realtek that was there as the secondary nic.  The primary Intel came through with flying colors.

The system seems to see the Realtek pci device but does not show up in the network settings.

image.thumb.png.14c75922340eabf9fdde0560600fd2e6.png

diagnostics-20220203-2038.zip

Edited by sport