[SUPPORT] SmartPhoneLover - DailyTxT

dailytxt.png

This docker template was created based on an already available docker image

GitHub: https://github.com/PhiTux/DailyTxT
DockerHub: https://hub.docker.com/r/phitux/dailytxt/
My Repository: https://github.com/SmartPhoneLover/unraid-docker-templates

DESCRIPTION

DailyTxT is an encrypted Diary Web-App to simply write down your stories of the day and to easily find them again. It is written in Python Flask (Backend) and Vue.JS (Frontend) and meant to be run via Docker.

Features:
• Encryption: Everything you write is encrypted before it's written to the server's storage. Even the admin can't read your private stuff!
• File upload: You can upload arbitrary files for each day (128 MB max each). They are stored encrypted on the server as well.
• Search: Support your memorization by searching all your notes for any keyword to quickly rediscover what you have already forgotten.
• Multi language: The Web-App is currently available in German and English translation. The language gets detected and selected automatically based on your browser's settings.
• Responsive design (mobiles): Responsive design for easy use on mobile screen. Additionally: allows installation "A2HS" (Add 2 Home Screen)
• Multi user: You can create multiple User Accounts. Each account uses it's own encryption key - so there is no risk for a data breach.

Encryption:

File-Upload:

Search:

Multi-Language-Support: The Web-App is currently available in German and English translation. The language gets detected and selected automatically based on your browser's settings. More languages are easy to add - iff you provide me with the language-files! See client/src/lang/translations

Mobile: Responsive design for easy use on mobile screen. Additionally: allows installation "A2HS" (Add 2 Home Screen)

Multi-User-Spport: You can create multiple User Accounts. Each account uses it's own encryption key - so there is no risk for a data breach.

NOTES
• When configuring the WebUI port, if not the same by default, be sure to configure the 'PORT' variable with the same port number.

VERSION
1.0 (2022-01-31)

If you are going to report a bug or request something to be added/modified, please, take into consideration that I will only be able to apply changes for the work I own only. For example, if I create a docker template for an already existing docker image (not created by me), I won't be able to do more for that image than forward your report or request to the owner of the project.

If you like my work, please consider making a little donation.
- DONATE -
Thank you very much 🙂

Thanks for setting this up.  Not sure why, but the ALLOW_REGISTRATION variable is not working.  I set it to False and tried removing the variable completely but registration can still happen.  Submitted a issue on github, but PhiTux confirmed it's working as expected using docker compose.

Any idea why it's not stopping registration?

On 2/2/2022 at 2:20 AM, Twinkie0101 said:

Thanks for setting this up.  Not sure why, but the ALLOW_REGISTRATION variable is not working.  I set it to False and tried removing the variable completely but registration can still happen.  Submitted a issue on github, but PhiTux confirmed it's working as expected using docker compose.

Any idea why it's not stopping registration?

I have tried changing the 'ALLOW_REGISTRATION' variable to 'False', and it works as described on the issue created by you. The Register section does not disappear, but doesn't allow me to continue with the process.

The problem seems to be happening on your unRAID docker container, for whatever reason. Are you sure you didn't add an extra space in the value? I mean: ' False' or 'False '. Maybe...

346363.JPG

36537373.JPG

Edited by SmartPhoneLover
  • 3 weeks later...

hello,

I have recently installed this docker image and entered ~30 entries. I wanted to test the search function with a word I know I entered, but I get the following error pop up in the lower right corner of the page... any support would be appreciated as I currently like the look and feel of this container and would like to use it more.

9vVZ85y.png

"Invalid token. Registration and / or authentication required"

many thanks,

Dave

Hello @eating-cake-again, sorry but I don't know what could be the reason for that error.

I have opened an issue on GitHub. You can follow it there, and if you already have an account you can continue there to give more details.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

UPDATE: I realized that you already posted the issue on GitHub. Yours will be kept until finding the solution, mine is now closed (duplicate). No problem, but the next time, please, add a comment on your posts (unRAID) to give a reference if you have opened a support ticket somewhere else. 🙂🤝

Edited by SmartPhoneLover