Controller compatibility check for older SuperMicro motherboard

nukeman

I've finally ran out of onboard SATA ports and I'd like to add a controller card to my system.  I'm using a SuperMicro X10SLH-F motherboard and have open "PCI-E 3.0 x8" and "PCI-E 3.0 x8 (in x16)" ports.  

I've read the recommendation thread and I'm looking for an 8 port controller card.  Based on that post, I'm looking for "9207-8i, 9300-8i and newer" for PCI 3.0, since my ports are PCI 3.0, right?  Does this seem like a reasonable option? IBM branded, us seller with good feedback, breakout cables included, $60.  Or, this one is LSI branded for $20 more.

This is an x10 board from 2015.  I want to make sure I utilize the full ability of the hardware without buying something so new it's not compatible.  

Any other recommendations?

3 minutes ago, nukeman said:

I'm looking for "9207-8i, 9300-8i and newer" for PCI 3.0, since my ports are PCI 3.0, right?

PCIe 2.0 models will also work and still have enough bandwidth for 8 disks, so if you can get one much cheaper it's a valid option.

4 minutes ago, nukeman said:

Does this seem like a reasonable option?

Yes, if it's flashed to LSI IT mode like mentioned in the listing.

5 minutes ago, nukeman said:

Or, this one is LSI branded for $20 more.

That's and older PCIe 2.0 model, but still a good option if it's cheaper.