bzimage checksum error

Go to solution Solved by spalmisano,

I too am having this issue on my dell R710.

I updated to 6.10.2 to see if there was a fix and now i get a bzfirmware checksum error. I just ended up going back to 6.9.2 until there is a solution to this.

Unless someone has a fix for this i would not recommend updating to 6.10.2

Just now, jared2876 said:

I too am having this issue on my dell R710.

I updated to 6.10.2 to see if there was a fix and now i get a bzfirmware checksum error. I just ended up going back to 6.9.2 until there is a solution to this.

Unless someone has a fix for this i would not recommend updating to 6.10.2

Did the boot arguments not work for you? I’m able to boot on both an R710 and R720 for the 6.10.x versions after adding them. 

On 5/29/2022 at 8:31 AM, spalmisano said:

Did the boot arguments not work for you? I’m able to boot on both an R710 and R720 for the 6.10.x versions after adding them. 

On my Dell R710 I too added the ARG and it will not boot. Still get the checksum error. It took 3 reboots to finally work.

Edited by Leaf Fan

How do I get this intel_iommu=on iommu=pt to remain remain on boot? I run a headless unit and every reboot I have to drag the monitor out and boot with those options.

@Squid overwritting the bz files on the USB did not help for me. Only using those options on boot allow UnRaid to boot.

Is downgrading to 6.9 as simple as overwritting the bz files with the 6.9 versions?

3 minutes ago, Smooth Beaver said:

How do I get this intel_iommu=on iommu=pt to remain remain on boot? I run a headless unit and every reboot I have to drag the monitor out and boot with those options.

@Squid overwritting the bz files on the USB did not help for me. Only using those options on boot allow UnRaid to boot.

Is downgrading to 6.9 as simple as overwritting the bz files with the 6.9 versions?

Goto main click on flash drive and in the syslinux settings add to end of the append line for your boot option. or install 6.10.3rc1 as it is the default.

• 1 month later...

I'm on Version 6.10.3 2022-06-14. My start up syslinux.cfg:

label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append pcie_no_flr=1022:1487 initrd=/bzroot video=efifb:off acpi_enforce_resources=lax pcie_acs_override=downstream

I don't have the recommended settings, although what brought me here was the same error message as the OP.

intel_iommu=on iommu=pt

Eventually, what worked was this:

On 6/4/2022 at 2:53 AM, Squid said:

You can always try manually updating - maybe its a legit issue.  Download the zip file from https://unraid.net/download, overwrite all of the bz* files (and the changes.txt file) on the flash drive with those in the zip.  Reboot and try again.

This was the only method that worked for me. Thank you!

Its not clear if the recommended settings should be added to my boot profile? I'm using a 5950x processor.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to add that this doesn't just apply to Dell servers, I've been having issues booting my flash on my HP DL380p Gen8 machine for months, to the point I changed out all my usb keys, and have to do all updates by hand (and attempt to boot them a dozen times or more till it just happens to work).  Added the lines above to my syslinux.cfg file, and it boots every time.  As long as updates don't rewrite the syslinux.cfg, it should survive updates now too (haven't been able to do an automatic update since the 6.10.x series started in RC...).

• 4 months later...

Hello, 

Reporting to this thread regarding this concern as well
UnRAID 6.11.1

Today I was going through my plugin check and (2X) plugins were not updating, they would sit in a 'pending' state 
Unassigned devices 
Unassigned devices Preclear 

I did check the logs before the reboot regarding this so my next course of action was to reboot (I would post the logs of the above plugin errors, however logs are not written to the flash and only to the RAM disk so I can't) going to look into how to possibly resolve that concern if there is a way to capture logs.

Upon reboot I did receive a checksum error 

bzroot-gui - checksum error .... PRESS ANY KEY TO REBOOT

I turned off the system and inserted my USB flash into my local desktop
Downloaded > unRAIDServer-6.11.1-x86_64.zip

Copied > bzroot-gui & bzroot-gui.sha256 (from the above zip to the flash drive)
Safely removed the flash disk

Inserted the flash disk back into my UnRAID server
Booted with success
Plugins updated with success

Posting feedback in case anyone else has these concerns.

Thank you,

• 3 weeks later...

I updated unraid 6.9.2 to 6.11.5 and got the same error.

The server did not start after the update and gave me a superblock error.

I couldnt get into the server remotely anymore.

The device that gave me the error unraid /dev/loop0 /boot/bzmodules error

I had to remove the USB from the server and opened it on a laptop.

The loop0 seemed to be the bzmodules.

So I copied the content of my flash-drives previous folder over the files on the USB.

Put the USB in the server, started.

At boot the server download/written a file or 2.

And then the server started as before.

This fixed the error for me.

Still cant update to 6.11.5 succesfully

Edited by Benemortasia