BTRFS warning (device <unknown>): duplicate device

Go to solution Solved by dlandon,

ah not a problem id help program but my programming days over stopped at Visual Basic 6/net and  dable with python here and there.. so  glad  you know what your doing 🙂

ah ok  i figured maybe you keep your old version   in a folder so you can jsut go back and see each build you made..  not a problem

here is the log file

1.  i updated your plugin.

2..  set to Log Level to 1 

3.  Saved it

4..  Installed UD Plus  as i uninstalled it before

5..  rebooted computer

6.. checked logs  8 dups back

7..  saved diagnostics

those the steps i do

mitchflix-diagnostics-20220205-0830.zip

Yes, I got the information I need.  I think I see what is happening.

I'm reworking the udev events.  I have not reviewed them for many years and now that I am deep diving into these events, I see issues.  Instead of releasing an update, I'll post an update here for you to install and try.  I'm doing some testing now and should have something for you soon.

sounds good  its just like any thing.. if things are working and then  someone finds a bug by just stumbling over it that you never checked  in a long time..

it happens  happens to best of us... so not a problem...  been there  myself...     its like intel  didnt know they had a issue in all those cpus for years as it never came up. till it was found..

i feel special beta testing now lol...  🙂  

I have an update for you to try.  Copy the attached file to /flash/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/.  It will overwrite the one already there.

Then edit /flash/config/plugins/unassigned.devices.plg and change the version from '2022.01.05' to '2022.01.04.  Then go to the Unraid UI and click on 'Plugins'  It will say there is an update to UD.  Apply that update.  Then do your thing and post diagnostics zip file again.

unassigned.devices-2022.02.05.tgz

couldnt do it..

i didnt have to overwrite...

i edied the plg.   but didnt need to change it to 4.. as i still have 2022.02.04b  in there so gave it a shot

but i have run into a problem

1... then i went to Plugins

2..  the UD version already 2022.02.05

3..  Press Check for Updates.. as it didnt automaticlly show.. and says its already up to date..

4..  I recheck you  PLG file  and ist still 2022.02.04b.   so i  change it to 04  and repeat 1-3

5.. i reboot 

6.. i check  plugins  it says 2022.02.05

7.. i check  unassigned.devices.plg file  its version says 2022.02.04   from where i changed it from 04b to 04

8.. i run check  updates  does nothing 

here is diagnostiscs

is there a file   maybe called   plugsin.yaml  or plugins.plg  that records all these   versions  to cross the version of the actual plugins?

so i failed to be able downgrade and then update 

mitchflix-diagnostics-20220205-1217.zip

Edited by comet424

i also tried removing that .tgz file v05  from the ud  plugin folder  leaving the 04b   and the plg to 04 as version

i goto the plugins page and re scan for updates.. but the plugins page still says  2022.02.05  thats already installed  even though  the plg file says 04    the tgz  file is the 04b

and a reboot doesnt help  with the v05  removed from that folder

still says its up to date  when its not  and the 8 errors still there

so there must be another file that records  all the plugin versions to say its up-to-date  and wont change

Edited by comet424

so not working or i didnt do the outline right

soo what i did now i did couple other ways but this is the last procedure

i deleted the 2 tgz files  04b and 05 from the unassigned devices folder

1... uninstalled the ud  plugin..

2.. checked the flash..   the unassigned.devices.plg  is still there and file reads inside as  2022.02.04  from when i changed it from 04b to 04

3.. went to CA.. and installed UD Plugin

4.. went to check the flash folder unassigned devices folder...  it doesnt have the tgz file

5.. copied the 05v file  you saved me  and i copied it to the flash folder

6..  the unassigned.deivces.plg  still says 2022.02.04

7..  plugins page still says 2022.02.05  up to date

8..  did a reboot 

9.. still error.

10.. unassigned.devices.plg  still points to 2022.02.04....  

11... Checked  Plugins main page says 2022.02.05

11... pasted you the current diagnositcs

guessing i missed a step in ur outline.. as i didnt get it to work 😞

mitchflix-diagnostics-20220205-1454.zip

ok

so i 

1... uninstalled  UD from Plugins

2.. went to the Flash Folder and copy and pasted the ud.plg   file

3. deleted the tgz file v5 from the unassigned devices folder

4..   went to the Apps Page

5..    installed  Unassigned Devices  Plugin

6..   went to the u..d.plg file and it is below..

and i didnt bother doing a reboot

plugins page says 2022.02.05

<deleted>

i didnt do a diagnostic i figured u were sick of diagnostics today   

Keep trying to get the 2022.02.05 version loaded.  Once you can get that one, let me now and we'll try again.  I'll upload a new package.  In the meantime I think I have this problem solved.  It is probably related to a change I made to the udev rules a few months ago..  I was trying to solve an issue where UD wss not picking up a disk that had no partitions.  The issue is that with the rules I set, udev was churning everytime there was a 'change' on a disk.  Basically all the disks were changing on system startup.  I guess this annoyed btrfs and it decided it needed to do all that scanning,

I need to do some more testing, but I'm not at my test server and I need to test a bunch of hot plugs to be sure it all works out.

ah ok.. 

ya i tried multiple times to uninstall install the  05..    just the unassigned.devices.plg    keeps saying its the 04 version  it actually wont change over.. and it wont save the tgz  to the directory ..  like it di for the 04b  i found in there

well i glad you know whats going on..  i dont even know linux much..  i used to know it 22+ yrs ago  and Redhat at the time annoyed me the way to use a cdrom  i said forget this crap  and i stuck with windows.... sometimes i feel i should stuck with it.. but i liked windows better lol

i guess this error only affects btrfs  not xfs  or ntfs

but least you know what the disks are doing..  or what not..  but do enjoy your plugin  since it really helps  working  in  added a drive like windows plug and play..  instead of needing command lines...

its not working  still the 8 dups

running  06 version

installed  06.. did a reboot

i included  2 diagnostic.. the first one.. is the diagnostics  with   Log level to none...    and then i set it to Log Level 1.. and did a reboot  and saved the diagnostic

mitchflix-diagnostics-20220206-2148.zip mitchflix-diagnostics-20220206-2155.zip

Edited by comet424

ok that seems to fixed it..  i did include 2 diagnostics.. incase there is anything else you see now 

but so far the dups are gone..

1st diagnostic is with the Level 1  Log 

2nd diagnostic is with the Level None Log set

least you were able to solve that issue... hopefully doesnt come back in next version of unraid

i bet your relieved  🙂

mitchflix-diagnostics-20220207-0800.zip mitchflix-diagnostics-20220207-0807.zip

so i updated to the latest  ud  on my other 2 unraid servers.. 1 seems ok  

and my main one..  i dont know if it s a ud  issue or not can you tell?

all i get is

Feb  7 08:19:38 Tower root: | WARNING - WARNING - WARNING - WARNING - WARNING - WARNING - WARNING - WARNING
Feb  7 08:19:38 Tower root: | WARNING - WARNING - WARNING - WARNING - WARNING - WARNING - WARNING - WARNING

it doesnt tell me anything

what would be really nice is if these system logs  would say   

date time tower root: <ud plugin>   <error>

date time tower root: <dynamic fan>  <error>

etc least youd be able to narrow it down

tower-diagnostics-20220207-0840.zip

Edited by comet424