Looking For help / advice re Controller Card

Hi,

I built my Unraid in 2012 and it has been relatively faultless I mainly use it as a media server to store and stream my ripped UHD films to my Zappitti player, with some storage for photos etc.  I have now realised that there are quite a few drives in my system that are 10 years old 2TB drives and I plan to replace them with some 4TB and above, however I don't have any spare data conections I have a parity drive and 8 storage drives and 1 cache drive.

My motherboard is a  M4A78LT-M LX with a AMD Phenom™ II X4 905e cpu I have an Adaptec Serial ATA II RAID 1430SA card installed in the 1 x PCIe x16 slot.  Would I be able to swap this for a LSI SAS 9210-8i 8-port 6Gb/s PCIe x8 HBA RAID card to give me some expansion (Mainly I just need 1 free data connection to allow me to pre clear the new drives that I wish to install).

Any help / advice would be very much appreciated

Thanks

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Should work fine.

Thank you for your reply would it simply be a case of removing the Adaptec Serial ATA II RAID 1430SA card and installing the  LSI SAS 9210-8i 8-port 6Gb/s PCIe x8 HBA RAID card  and then powering on my Unraid will it find all drives etc.  Or do I need to do some prep work first.

• 2 weeks later...