Docker "wonderful_wozniak"

Go to solution Solved by Josh.5,

image.png.3e65c8fb03e5822549ae2d6ff73087fc.png

This docker container mysteriously appeared in my docker apps and I can't track down any info about it. Unlike all other dockers containers I have installed, it does not have config page. Hovering over the docker title "wonderful_wozniak" does not provide a link to an Unraid container config page like all other containers, but It can be started, stopped, restarted, and removed. 

I am 99% certain that it was installed when I installed docker: screepers/screeps-launcher I have never seen one docker container install another docker container. The two containers appear to be identical, just different names, and the original has a config page.

My current experience with Docker is limited right now thus have not been able to debug how this happened. I have created an issue on the github repository asking if it is an easter egg.

From what I understand, historically Wonderful Wozniak referrers to Steve Wozniak's long history of harmless technical pranks going back to the 1970s.

This is not a technical problem, I am just trying figure it out because it is a mystery.

image.png

Edited by JackSafari
  • Solution

image.png.3e65c8fb03e5822549ae2d6ff73087fc.png

This docker container mysteriously appeared in my docker apps and I can't track down any info about it. Unlike all other dockers containers I have installed, it does not have config page. Hovering over the docker title "wonderful_wozniak" does not provide a link to a Unraid container config page like all other containers.  It can be started, stopped, restarted, and removed like other containers. 

I am 99% certain that it was installed when I installed docker: screepers/screeps-launcher I have seen one docker container install another docker container. The two containers appear to be identical, just different names, and the original has a config page.

My current experience with Docker is limited right now thus have not been able to debug where it came from

From what I understand, historically Wonderful Wozniak referrers to Steve Wozniak's long history of harmless technical pranks going back to the 1970s.

This is not a technical problem, I am just trying figure it out because it is a mystery.

image.png.f4a6d3fea782f10bd39167d4c7c13a5d.png
This made me chuckle when it popped up in my email. Since you lightened my evening, let me see if I can help you...

Docker will name containers with random snake case 2 word names if you do not specify a name yourself.

This container was created from a command and not through the unraid UI. Perhaps you have a user script or something that executes a "docker run ..." command?

If you enable the advanced toggle at the top of the docker page you will get more info on the container. You should be able to see the docker image used and that may give you a hint as to what it is.
9 minutes ago, Josh.5 said:

This made me chuckle when it popped up in my email. Since you lightened my evening, let me see if I can help you...

Docker will name containers with random snake case 2 word names if you do not specify a name yourself.

This container was created from a command and not through the unraid UI. Perhaps you have a user script or something that executes a "docker run ..." command?

If you enable the advanced toggle at the top of the docker page you will get more info on the container. You should be able to see the docker image used and that may give you a hint as to what it is.

Thanks. That does seem to be what happened. Good info. I had a low expectation that source container would run "as is", but I thought I would give it a try. The original container from hub.docker.com appears to be running after I added a system variable to the config page, but then I noticed that the Wonderful Wozniak  container had suddenly appeared and it looked to be identical to one I had just installed.