Move extra parity drive to the Array?

When I built my Unraid server I used 5 x 8TB drives. 3 in the array 2 in the parity. I cant remember why but I probably in head had a good reason. It is possible to move one of the parity drives out of the parity pool, and add it to the array? I believe it is possible and shouldn't be to difficult, but I would greatly appreciate some guidance.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by WayneC1972
46 minutes ago, WayneC1972 said:

parity drives out of the parity pool, and add it to the array?

You got me confused.

Are you talking about one of the parity drive of your Array, or one drive of a Pool. That is not the same thing.

image.thumb.png.a16c7eba38e2ace2db21c36a6e895f10.png

itimpi's advice is correct for the Array's parity drive. For a Pool device, it might depend on how your Pool is configured and if you value the data on the drive.

Since the words parity and mirror don't belong together when talking about Unraid, perhaps posting a screen capture of the drive list like ChatNoir, and telling use which disks you want to move would clear things up.

I'm pretty sure we're on the same page, but "pretty sure" and data loss go hand in hand.

Everybody needs to be completely clear on what's going on before you proceed.

9 hours ago, itimpi said:

Removing a parity dtive is covered here in the online documentations accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI.

You can now use the standard procedure for adding drives to the array as documented in the online documentations accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI.

Thank you. The link above provided me the information I needed.