Discount on additional licenses?

tj80
Go to solution Solved by JonathanM,

Hi,

I've been using UnRAID for many years - since the 4.7 days.  I have a Basic license and am considering building a second UnRAID server - I recall when I bought my license years ago there was an option to buy two licenses at a slightly reduced price.  Does this option still exist, and does it apply to existing licenses?

Many thanks,

Tim

• Solution

That second license thing was from an era when having a USB key die meant you could be down several days waiting on a replacement license file from Limetech. It was meant to allow you to keep a ready backup so you could be up and running instantly vs. waiting.

Now that key replacement is online and automated, having a second license unused on standby is no longer really needed.

The discounted license was never really MEANT to run a second server, but of course you could.

Now, I'm not a Limetech employee, and they surprised EVERYONE with a black friday / cyber monday license sale last year, so anything is possible in the future, but for right now, it's just posted prices.