Folder structure and restructuring Shares

Hi all,

yes this topic came up several times in this forum and on reddit. However I didn't find the answer that I was looking for. 

I'm using a main share called All, and here are the structures

All

Movies

Hollywood

Foreign

Classics

Multimedia

Music

Games

Files

What I'm trying to achieve are:

1. Allowing for hard disk to stop when not used, this has not been possible, perhaps due to 'All' setup below. It looks like what I need to do is remove 'All' and setup each lower folder in its own Shares. However even with this structure, it's not fool-proof as there will be a folder that is larger to fit in a harddisk. I really don't want to micromanage folder size vs which harddisk is it on.

Movies

Hollywood

Foreign

Classics

Multimedia

Music

Games

2. With the All folder, I can map this once maybe twice (separate All/Files to a drive 'Y' then All to drive 'Z'. I guess as far as Windows network mapping I need to do many connections to each one of the new folder rather than just 1 or 2.

3. I think I need to do the following that allows me to Unbalance move from All -> Movies to Movies in its own share. Is the following structure possible? Honestly this looks a huge change for the shares as well as Plex. Other than setting up the new Shares and perform Unbalance Move (I may not have enough space to do copy and delete), is there any easier way?

All

Movies

Hollywood

Foreign

Classics

Multimedia

Music

Games

Movies

Hollywood

Foreign

Classics

Multimedia

Music

Games

So to sum it, my questions is, is there anyway around Windows network folder mapping and what is the best way to restructure? It sounds like I need to:

1. Setup new Shares and Folders

2. Disable Plex

3. Unbalance Move from old to new

4. Remap Plex to the new Shares and Folders