z690m Aorus Elite AX DDR4

So, feel free to tell me if there is a better place for me to post this question.

I have just built myself a new 12600k system, currently housing 14 HDDs (using SATA ports 0-5 and 8 ports on a SilverStone ECS04 SAS Controller), and 2 m.2 drives.

Everything so far seems to be working well, at least after I updated to the f6 bios, as before none of my m.2 drives were showing in the BIOS.

My PCIe lanes are populated like this:

m.2 1TB drive in M2a_CPU (top slot)

HBA Card in Top 16x slot

M2P_SB (mid slot) unpopulated

m.2 500GB drive in M2Q_SB (bottom m.2 slot)

I tried to populate the 2nd 16x PCIe port (at 4x) with an IBM 46m0997 sas expander, as well as a couple of other random PCIe cards I had lying around, and the system was unable to post with anything in the slot.

Anyone have any ideas on why I cant get a post? or alternatively, would a m.2 to 4x PCIe adaptor work in the spare m.2 slot?

Edited by Die_piggy
4 hours ago, Die_piggy said:

So, feel free to tell me if there is a better place for me to post this question.

I have just built myself a new 12600k system, currently housing 14 HDDs (using SATA ports 0-5 and 8 ports on a SilverStone ECS04 SAS Controller), and 2 m.2 drives.

Everything so far seems to be working well, at least after I updated to the f6 bios, as before none of my m.2 drives were showing in the BIOS.

My PCIe lanes are populated like this:

m.2 1TB drive in M2a_CPU (top slot)

HBA Card in Top 16x slot

M2P_SB (mid slot) unpopulated

m.2 500GB drive in M2Q_SB (bottom m.2 slot)

I tried to populate the 2nd 16x PCIe port (at 4x) with an IBM 46m0997 sas expander, as well as a couple of other random PCIe cards I had lying around, and the system was unable to post with anything in the slot.

Anyone have any ideas on why I cant get a post? or alternatively, would a m.2 to 4x PCIe adaptor work in the spare m.2 slot?

What type of m.2 drives? looks like only pci supported not m.2 sata

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...