Slow download speeds with new setup

HDGuy

New setup, just trying to get everything working properly.

I have a FIOS gigabit connection, and installed both Sabnzbd and NZBGet dockers and both seem to be limited to 60MB/s. Downloads on my PC typically max out at ~110MB/s. I'm downloading to a SSD/NVME on both systems so that's not the issue. I must have something else going on. With the speedtest docker it reports I'm maxing out the connection to my Unraid box with ~950/980 so that's not it either. I realize it's an older setup (Xeon e3-1226-v3) but AFAIK that shouldn't keep my download speeds from maxing out. 

Any ideas would be really helpful. I plan to buy a license as soon as I make sure everything's working OK. 

Edit- I think I have my folders setup improperly and I'm writing to the array, not to cache?

monster-diagnostics-20220214-1540.zip

Edited by HDGuy

How many connections are you allowing on NZBGet?  You should pretty much use as many as your provider allows (eg: 20)

What is presumably your downloads (d.......s) share is set to use cache: yes, so new files get written to the cache drive and ultimately moved to the array

You appdata is spanning between disk 1 and the cache.  You should stop docker in Settings - Docker, run mover then re-enable it after the move is done.

30 minutes ago, Squid said:

How many connections are you allowing on NZBGet?  You should pretty much use as many as your provider allows (eg: 20)

What is presumably your downloads (d.......s) share is set to use cache: yes, so new files get written to the cache drive and ultimately moved to the array

You appdata is spanning between disk 1 and the cache.  You should stop docker in Settings - Docker, run mover then re-enable it after the move is done.

Maxing out connections on both SAB and NZBGet- I'm using 2 newsservers on different backbones with 50 connections each . On my Gigabit connection it can handle it- I tried using less but I maximize transfer speed by using all of them. It seems like my setup does slightly better with SAB.

I just benchmarked all my drives using the DiskSpeed docker- my motherboard is using the old C226 chipset so I have to use a PCIe NVME controller but I'm getting 2500MB/s writes so there is definitely something else going on. I must have configured it wrong. 

Learning process. 

Edited by HDGuy
  • 11 months later...