unRAID Hardware Upgrade 2022 :)

OrneryTaurus

Greetings everyone!

I'm itching to upgrade my server in some way but can't decide which path would be ideal and provide the most benefit.

My current server is being used primarily for plex, nextcloud + database, VMs, and a web host

Here is my current server setup:

OS unRAID 6.9.2 Pro

FLASH Sandisk Cruzer Fit 16GB

CASE Norco RPC-4220

PSU Corsair RM1000i 80+ GOLD

MOTHERBOARD Supermicro X9DR3-F [BIOS v3.4/BMI v3.62]

MEMORY IBM [Micron] 128GB PC3-12800 [DDR3 1600Mhz] ECC

CPU Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 [x2] | GPU nVidia Quadro P2000

HBA CARDS LSI 9201-16i / LSI 9240-8i

EXP CARD ASUS Hyper M.2 V2

PARITY 14TB [x2]

DATA 216TB [3x 10TB | 5x 12TB | 9x 14TB]

SWAP 10TB

CACHE POOLS Samsung EVO 970 Plus NVMe 500GB [x2] | Samsung EVO 980 NVMe 1TB [x2]

The ideas I had for upgrading were:

A) Purchase an LSI Logic Controller Card 9305-24i card along with cables. The thought process behind this is to reduce my dual HBA card setup into one card, reducing PCIe slot usage and boot times

B) Update the CPU, Motherboard, and Memory to a newer architecture standard. My CPUs currently have a combined passmark of 23349 and I'd like to stay above that even if it means reducing down to a single CPU. I still need to maintain at least 4 PCIe slots (2 16x 2 8x) unless I upgrade to the card mentioned in option A, then it's 3 PCIe (2 16x 1 8x) with pcie bifurcation for ASUS Hyper M.2 V2 card compatibility.

C) Upgrade the PSU to something that is better suited to handle 20 hard drives powered by PATA on the backplane.

D) Upgrade the case to something that has more than 20 hard drives for additional storage space. Due to the video card and current LSI 9201-16i card I have, the case would need to be full sized for the PCIe slots (RIP the 36-bay supermicro dream, for now)

Open to suggestions on which route (or routes) to take, or any additional upgrade suggestions to consider.

Thanks for reading!