Nvidia Shield Pro, Unraid and a VM walks in to a bar.

LeoRX

Hi All,

I have an issue with Nvidia Shield Pro connecting to Unraid Samba Share if my Windows 11 VM is powered on.  This issue has baffled me for a while, I'm hoping someone can help me resolve this issue.

The issue all started since I've upgraded Nvidia Experience 9.  Before the upgrade, Shield TV will connect, stay connected and reconnect after reboot of Shield TV.  Since the upgrade,  it will not auto remount the Network Share hosted on Unraid, if the (only) VM is powered on.  I've also noticed, Unraid will not appear in the "Avaliable Network Share" section if VM is powered on.  If I power down the VM, Unraid will reappear in the list and soon after also automatically reconnect the samba folders.

Initially I thought the problem is with the Shield TV and it is to some degree, because it won't connect if Unraid does not appear in the "Available Network Share" list.   Even when it connects fine if I manaully enter path(via IP) and credential.  The issue here is I'll have to manaully connect after each reboot.  However, after seeing Unraid host when my VM is powered off and disappears if VM is powered on, I'm wondering what could be causing the VM to make Shield TV not able to see Unraid as a Samba server?

Thanks in advance, any suggestion will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Leor

node-diagnostics-20220216-1217.zip

• 2 months later...

umm.. I was hoping 6.10.0 RC-5 would fix this issue, but it doesn't.

[rc5] Fixed an issue where the server would disappear from Windows Network after docker and/or VM startup.

At the moment, everytime I restart my Shield Pro, I have to turn off my VM first, reboot Shield Pro and then turn on VM after Shield has found the Unraid shares.  Anyone else have the same issue?