Docker containers showing unavailable

Vatoe
Go to solution Solved by Vatoe,

I can see from searches that this issue has come up from time to time, where the docker containers in Unraid show they are unavailable.

My setup previous to last night (Sydney Australia time) has been working without issue for many months in its current form. I woke up to find that many of the dockers status were change to unavailable this morning.

I have attempted all the cures in the previous threads and none of those worked.

So I have;

1. changed the DNS settings to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1  (cloudflare dns servers)

2. I can ping an external ip address eg google.com

3. I have checked the status of the various services docker hub etc

4. SABnzb can download files

5. I cannot force update any of the containers, they just time out

6. I have restarted Unraid a number of times 

7. The plugins page in Unraid seems to be ok - as they show the status of up-to-date

(edit 1) I cannot install any new containers - managed to get a random contianer (budge) down but no others?

(edit 2)  this is the error reported when i try to reinstall nginxproxymanager  " Error response from daemon: error parsing HTTP 408 response body: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value: "<html><body><h1>408 Request Time-out</h1> Your browser didn't send a complete request in time. </body></html> ".See 'docker run --help'."

(edit 3). Diagnostics attached as requested. Also during my attempting to diagnose the issue, I uninstalled nginxproxymanager with a view to reinstalling it. This is when I found out I coudnt download any further containers from CA.

(edit 4) Also tried to remove the docker networks and restart the service, then recreate the networks I had (br0 and proxynet) via console using:

rm /var/lib/docker/network/files/local-kv.db

/etc/rc.d/rc.docker restart

docker network create *****

Any help would be appreciated. This has me stumped.

cheers

darkmatter-diagnostics-20220218-0008.zip

Edited by Vatoe

Try disabling bonding in settings - network settings.  With only a single NIC it's pointless to have it enabled and it only adds another layer of complexity to the system.

It also looks like you may have had issues in the past with the docker image filling up (you've set a 100G image file, which is extreme overkill for the vast majority of use cases -> you're only utilizing 14G of it).  Have these issues been resolved? 

6 hours ago, Squid said:

Try disabling bonding in settings - network settings.  With only a single NIC it's pointless to have it enabled and it only adds another layer of complexity to the system.

It also looks like you may have had issues in the past with the docker image filling up (you've set a 100G image file, which is extreme overkill for the vast majority of use cases -> you're only utilizing 14G of it).  Have these issues been resolved? 

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't noticed the bond setting. I have changed it, but unfortunately  I still have the same issues. No issues with the docker image file. i think that setting was something I did a long time ago, as I don't even recall changing it to be honest. What is really weird that there is only one container that seems to download ( budge ) which was a random one I picked from CA. Every other docker I have tried will not download?

hey thanks for wading in.

Force updates dont work.

Some dockers showing that they are up to date and other not available status.  See image. The majority have unavailable status though.

2079722447_ScreenShot2022-02-18at7_57_45am.thumb.png.b506587930c1ea2503b7e9d93a9addbe.png

When I try an update an 'available' one - it doesn't pull any data down but goes through the process quickly and then states;

356845276_ScreenShot2022-02-18at7_55_21am.thumb.png.35942bdfc1315fd790e00af987f49993.png

On the containers that are marked unavailable, the update process stalls for a while then it states;

923982308_ScreenShot2022-02-18at7_56_58am.thumb.png.83614104eab37d206f85d3c363c81936.png

but remains unavailable after the 'force update'.

cheers

9 minutes ago, bonienl said:

It looks like the container can not be found on dockerhub, which explains the unavalibility status.

Have you tried to completely uninstall and then re-install the container?

I tried with with nginxproxymanager. I uninstalled it, but cant reinstall as I am getting the same error when trying reinstalling dockers from CA.