6.9.2 Unable to Update Plugins + Looping Deleted Container Error

Go to solution Solved by Squid,

Hey guys, I wonder if you can help me out. I downloaded some Google Photos container the other day, but then deleted it before really messing with it too much. Then I noticed I couldn't update my plugins for some reason. Restarted server (Uptime 80 days). And tried updating plugins again and get these errors. Here's CA for an example.
unknown.png

Then I noticed in the bottom left of the web gui the "starting services" message kept flashing. Pulled up the logs and I'm getting this error on repeat.

unknown.png

I posted this issue in the Unraid discord and was given these options. 

I went through Midnight Commander and from what I can tell, there are no remnants of this Google Photos Container in boot/config/shares, boot/config/plugins/dockerman, boot/config/plugins-removed, and I didn't find a boot/config/plugins-error directory.

I have run the Docker Safe New Permissions tool 3 times now and restarted my server after each attempt to no result. What's kind of interesting is that I tried to reboot into safemode to look around some more and now I get this warning when I try to reboot into safemode. 

Warning: touch(): Unable to create file /boot/unraidsafemode because Read-only file system in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/Boot.php on line 87.

Impact on the server so far is inability to update plugins, log file filling up constantly, intermittently losing link to "Apps", and a noticeable slowdown in network share performance. 

Any suggestions on how to resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated!

image.png

1 hour ago, Squid said:

A reboot in theory should fix the filesystem on the flash drive.  But for best results it's always best to pull the drive after shutting down the server and attaching it to a Windows / Mac and running the file system checks on it.

So forgive me if I'm being thick but I plugged my USB into my Windows machine, it popped up there was an error and to attempt repair (I assume that's what you meant by file system check) and I got a message that the disk is write protected. 

Attempted to unlock disk write protection through DISKPART and it says it was successful, but after plugging in again and attempting repair. It says it's locked again. 

Is this root of the issue we're looking at? If so, what are my next steps? Wipe and deploy backup? (It's a fairly old backup of USB). I also copied everything off the USB before attempting anything.

Thank you!

Capture.PNG.3ba405947180f4ca4af2b985ab66f4c5.PNG

Capture2.PNG