Add second nvme to mirror cache pool

Go to solution Solved by ChatNoir,

Does anyone have or can point me to the procedure to add a second nvme drive to an existing nvme cache pool and mirror them?

Have a friend that has been running on one nmve drive for his cache pool where he houses his appdata, system and domains.  He has a second nmve now and would like to create a mirror for redundancy.

TIA 

• Solution
3 hours ago, RichJacot said:

Does anyone have or can point me to the procedure to add a second nvme drive to an existing nvme cache pool and mirror them?

Have a friend that has been running on one nmve drive for his cache pool where he houses his appdata, system and domains.  He has a second nmve now and would like to create a mirror for redundancy.

If the first drive is already BTRFS, simply stop the Array, adjust the pool slot to 2 or more, assign the new drive and start the Array.

Unraid should automatically set it to RAID1.

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2022 at 2:22 PM, itimpi said:

The process is described here in the online documentations accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI.

The docs say:

Adding disks to a pool

Notes:

You can only do this if the pool is already formatted as BTRFS

If it is not then you will need to first follow the steps in the previous section to create a pool in BTRFS format.

Can you not also add a disk to a cache pool if the first disk is ZFS?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 1:17 PM, ChatNoir said:

If the first drive is already BTRFS, simply stop the Array, adjust the pool slot to 2 or more, assign the new drive and start the Array.

Unraid should automatically set it to RAID1.

Unfortunately for me it did not create a raid1. Its a raid0. Is there anyway I can mirror my two devices now?. They are btrfs but have data on them now.. agghhh

5 hours ago, oncdoc said:

Unfortunately for me it did not create a raid1. Its a raid0. Is there anyway I can mirror my two devices now?. They are btrfs but have data on them now.. agghhh

Yes, simply click on the name of the first member of the pool to access the pool settings.

Scroll down to the Balance status section, select 'Convert to raid1 mode' in the drop down menu and hit the Balance button.

You should be good in a few minutes.

• Like 1