The new generation of media file AV1. How can I convert mass media to this codec with unraid and will it play in jellyfin media server?

RYZEN5000

I would like to save space and convert my media to AV1 it is less than half the size, a 336mb movie clip file converted to 144mb, wow right! of HEVC and the next generation of codec. Is this really supported, I tested converting a file. Jellyfin is supposed to support AV1 but when I scanned the test file into my media library it doesnt appear. Is there anything I need to know about AV1 media and adding it to jellyfin, 10 .6 is supposed to support it but I cant locate the file in the menu anywhere after the library scan.

How can I make it play the AV1 files? Is it even possible to play them? Netflix is already streaming some AV1 to android and amazon prime is not far behind they are all planning to convert to AV1. It is 35% more efficient and better supported on devices and its supposed to be way better than HEVC.

Edited by RYZEN5000