Replaced USB Key and restored from backup. Keyfile error with no "Replace" option.

tmchow
Go to solution Solved by tmchow,

I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to get my unraid server up and running. I just replaced my motherboard, CPU and changed the USB key in the process since I was having some issues with previous one.

I downloaded a USB key backup zip using the webUI, then restored it to the new USB key using the Unraid USB Creator.  Booted my server and everything booted fine, but in the WebUI, it's saying there is a keyfile error. Everything I'm reading indicates I should be able to self-service this and get it going by seeing a "Replace" option in the WebUI but I'm not seeing it (see attached screenshot).

July 2020, I did a key upgrade from Plus to Pro to get a higher device limit.  But I've never replaced my key in the past 12 month so shouldn't be hitting that common issue I read about.

On my old USB key, I had both a Plus.key and a Pro.key.  Given I only needed Pro, I've tried deleting first the Plus.key, then both key files. No luck.  

I then tried deleting both key files, and reinstalling my Pro key from the original install URL given to me in my purchase email.  I see a Pro.key on the flash drive but still same error.

I've contacted Unraid Support about an hour ago, but I'd really like to get my server up and running tonight. Is there any tips anyone can provide or am I out of luck until they reply?

941194440_CleanShot2022-02-21at20_50.32@2x.thumb.png.a4dd0a4f9d4a2f82eafa98834c18ce55.png

• Solution

Literally after I posted this, I found the "Replace" key link in another place in the Purchase flow... it seems to have worked as Unraid is now reporting a valid Pro keyfile and let me start the array. 

However, I now in a weird situation where I cannot login to the unraid webui. I successfully login but then the webUI keeps reporting I"m not signed in.  I see my username flash for a moment in the top right corner of the WebUI, then it goes back to "Sign In".  I repeat it over and over again with no luck.  Found the issue. Bug in My Servers plugin: 

Edited by tmchow