[Solved] Restarting UNRAID server changed my array and refuse to re-add original drives

Gelbert

Hi guys

I've restarted my server this morning and my array refused to start. I then checked in the GUI and for some odd reason, my UNraid server is now refusing to see my drives, and wants to enable this logical volume. 

The card I use is a HP P212 with IT mode (HBA) mode enabled. Cable is a SFF-8087 to 4 port SATA

Can anyone please advise how I go about fixing this?

Array Issue.png

Smart Array - P212.png

Edited by Gelbert
Solved

Disks changed name because they were moved from the RAID controller, also because of that they fail to mount in the array due to not conforming to the partition layout Unraid requires, that's two of the reasons we don't recommend RAID controllers, you have two options, assuming parity is still valid you can rebuild one disk at at time so that the correct partition layout can be recreated, like this:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/84717-moving-drives-from-non-hba-raid-card-to-hba/

Other option is to mount the disks with UD since it won't care about the incorrect partition layout and copy the data to new disks in the array.

• Gelbert changed the title to [Solved] Restarting UNRAID server changed my array and refuse to re-add original drives