IOMMU Help

Ndgame

Hello I need some help with IOMMU groups.

My motherboard is Asus z490-E and in the bios I have VT enabled and it says it is supported and I have also enabled the Intel Virtual enabled and Hyper Threading is enabled. 

With all this enabled in Unraid under about it still says IOMMU - Disabled.   I am trying to build a VM and pass through the NIC's to the VM and can't get it to work.  

I added this to the config and still no luck.   

append vfio_iommu_type1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1 initrd=/bzroot

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

45 minutes ago, Squid said:

You enabled Virtualization and VT-d / IOMMU in the BIOS?  There's 2 separate options to enable, and the latter is usually buried in a submenu

I am not down in the basement now but I enabled a total of 4 items in the bios with no luck..   I spent about 3 hours yesterday going through the bios and reading forums and the asus manual with no luck.   

Is there anything I can provide that would help?   I am unsure how to read the Diag files or I would.

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

VT-d is under Advanced, System Agent in your BIOS  Does the system show that HVM is enabled?  That's done via Advanced, CPU Configuration

And also, what is your CPU

Thanks for the reply.  Yes both of thos are enabled.

My cpu is Intel i9 10900k

2 minutes ago, jonp said:

Have you checked for a BIOS update?  You may need to report this issue to the motherboard manufacturer as a BIOS bug.  Doubt this is an OS issue.

i have installed the newest bios and even went as far as rolling back a couple versions.   

This issue is a complete Mystery to as I have not had this problems with with motherboards.  

This is very perplexing.  Obviously its not a general OS problem otherwise everyone would be experiencing the issue.  I know this is probably a tall ask, but is there any way you can use some type of extra storage device to try and load another OS on there that supports virtualization?  What about running an older version of Unraid (6.8.3)?

• 11 months later...