unBALANCE isn't moving files

Hi all,

Posted this on plugin thread but had no answer.

After upgrading parity disk to a bigger one I added the old parity disk to the array, now with more free space I want to move files from Disk1 to Disk3 but no matter hoy much I tried unBalance isn't doing anything.

I've tried scatter, select folder to be move from Disk1, then select destination Disk3, when pressed Plan permissions error or warning shows as this:

image.png.9bc1cd0876eb686aba9fdaf3e1f81693.png

Ran Fix common problems extended test and it returned this: (other directories and irrelevant info not included on the screenshot)

image.png.53163a7b50951194e072e9185561f7c1.png

If I continue and select move it says all files were moved but after checking destination Disk that isn't true. Tried copy instead but same result.

All Dockers are stopped as well as VMs.

Any hints?

• 1 year later...

Did you ever find a solution for this issue? I have one folder that will not move and i get a message similar to yours about the directory and file permissions. I have used the common problems plugin and don't get anything relevant back from that. I have run the Docker Safe New Permissions several times and i still get the • 198 folder(s) with a permission other than 'drwxrwxrwx'. Trying to figure this out.

• JorgeB locked this topic