Unraid Not Responding

Mogo

Just trying to understand an issue and how to prevent it from happening again.  A few days ago unraid was not responding, I could not access the server, any shares or applications.  Between 12am and 12pm on that day something must have happened.  The only logs saved in the syslog is what's below and that was reported at 6am.

/etc/libvirt: 23.7 MiB (24875008 bytes) trimmed on /dev/loop3
/var/lib/docker: 35.4 GiB (37964091392 bytes) trimmed on /dev/loop2
/mnt/cache: 283.6 GiB (304536956928 bytes) trimmed on /dev/sdd1

At 12pm or just prior I did a hard power off and then turned the server back on.  Was able to get in but had to endure the parity check.  The only issue I was dealing with at the time was the external cache drive under unassigned devices had almost no space left.  Could that have caused this situation or do those logs I posted mean anything? 

• 3 weeks later...

I got this message today via email notification:
cron for user xxxxxxx /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/monitor &> /dev/null

Again the server was unresponsive and I had to restart and then it would trigger a parity check.  Is there no way to safely shut down/reboot the server?  I can't reach the server via the gui and the shares do not show up when todays issue happened.

It I press the power button it does shut down the server but then when it starts back up it goes into a parity check when I enable the array.  I did not try if ssh would work on the issue today, however, for the issue on my first post, I could not ssh in.

30 minutes ago, Mogo said:

It I press the power button it does shut down the server but then when it starts back up it goes into a parity check when I enable the array.

This suggest you did not get a clean shutdown.    You might want to look at this section of the online documentations accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI to see if any of it applies to you.