"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Do you believe this is going to be integrated into unMenu so you can just install it via the package manager? Same question for the new great web interface? Would be great.

You mean the simple features package, so that it can be installed via unMenu?  If so, then yes... I already have a package created for it and have passed it along to "speeding_ant" to test... if I remember correctly.

Anyway, I will have to update the unMenu package so that the newest version of the simple features package is included.  Should be able to do that tonight if nothing else comes up.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is fantastic, also will that also include the new php/CSS web interface?

Indeed it does.  I have it working and running on my test, production  and VM unRAID machines.  I have to update the package but should be able to do that tonight when I get home.

Do you believe this is going to be integrated into unMenu so you can just install it via the package manager? Same question for the new great web interface? Would be great.

You mean the simple features package, so that it can be installed via unMenu?  If so, then yes... I already have a package created for it and have passed it along to "speeding_ant" to test... if I remember correctly.

Anyway, I will have to update the unMenu package so that the newest version of the simple features package is included.  Should be able to do that tonight if nothing else comes up.

Heya! Yes I got that, didn't know I had to do anything with it though!!  :D

I don't use unMenu, so unsure of the process for install etc. Can you PM me instructions on what to do to integrate this with unMenu?

I don't use unMenu, so unsure of the process for install etc...

I highly suggest if you intend to develop plug-ins for the masses, like myself, that you take the time to rectify this.  Most of us use unMENU as a crutch to get around all the things unRAID doesn't have in it's default GUI.  What will be most interesting is how unRAID v5 affects unMENU once it is in full production.  For the time being, I believe Joe is holding back in his development until the environment is stabilized.

I'm in the belief that unMenu (sorry to say) will become un-neccessary.

If we really are to create a truly useable pluggable unRAID, these 3rd party package managers will become obsolete. Tom is in the middle of creating an official package manager, and there should/will eventually be a plugin repository. We should (including I) focus our attention on creating singular packages for each function.

Once we know more about the official package manager, then I can start putting attention to where it's needed. This will be the only supported package manager that newbies and experts alike will call on to install new plugins.

My 2 cents  :)

I'm in the belief that unMenu (sorry to say) will become un-neccessary.

If we really are to create a truly useable pluggable unRAID, these 3rd party package managers will become obsolete. Tom is in the middle of creating an official package manager, and there should/will eventually be a plugin repository. We should (including I) focus our attention on creating singular packages for each function.

Once we know more about the official package manager, then I can start putting attention to where it's needed. This will be the only supported package manager that newbies and experts alike will call on to install new plugins.

My 2 cents  :)

I agree.  unMENU will eventually be replaced with equivalent functionality.  However... it will take a while, and in the interim, it allows an easy way to install applications.

Joe L.

Absolutely. I'm not at all saying that the work you've done is un-necessary. Obviously it works well, and many people are using it  :)

I'll see what I can do regarding integrating my package with unMenu. However, I'm still developing my plugin and there are many things I'd like to integrate and fix. I'm just a little worried about the email notifications messing with previous notification scripts.

I'm just a little worried about the email notifications messing with previous notification scripts.

me too.    It will be easier if a true mail client was installed be default.

the only reason I did not use your e-mail script in unMENU is that it does not work with "cron" and "at"

They expect a true executable as "mail" and will not work with a shell script.  unMENU installs mailx, and it works for everything, but it uses more space then socat.

Hey Joe,

Perhaps we could work together to provide a really solid / easy to use solution. The code for editing the config files is there, but I'm using the unraid_notify script as default. Unless that can be edited to use mailx?

Cheers

mailx simply replaces mail.  mail uses "/usr/sbin/sendmail" to send the mail  (The version of ssmtp installed with unMENU also links itself as sendmail)

The .conf file looks like this:

cat /usr/local/etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf

[email protected]

mailhub=smtp.gmail.com:587

rewriteDomain=

[email protected]

UseSTARTTLS=YES

AuthUser=speeding_ant

AuthPass=speeding_password

FromLineOverride=YES

Hey Joe,

Perhaps we could work together to provide a really solid / easy to use solution. The code for editing the config files is there, but I'm using the unraid_notify script as default. Unless that can be edited to use mailx?

Cheers

mailx simply replaces mail.  mail uses "/usr/sbin/sendmail" to send the mail  (The version of ssmtp installed with unMENU also links itself as sendmail)

[email protected]

rewriteDomain=

[email protected]

UseSTARTTLS=YES

AuthUser=speeding_ant

FromLineOverride=YES

Regarding your unMenu notify script..  is it something you wrote? As far as I can tell, unraid_notify is only bash.

Ignore my ignorance, I haven't touched unMenu as of yet.

Cheers

Hey Joe,

Cheers

[email protected]

rewriteDomain=

[email protected]

UseSTARTTLS=YES

AuthUser=speeding_ant

FromLineOverride=YES

Regarding your unMenu notify script..  is it something you wrote? As far as I can tell, unraid_notify is only bash.

Cheers

I did not write unraid_notify.

Hey Joe,

Cheers

[email protected]

rewriteDomain=

[email protected]

UseSTARTTLS=YES

AuthUser=speeding_ant

FromLineOverride=YES

Cheers

I did not write unraid_notify.

I understand that. Sorry, wasn't my question. What script do you use for mail notification?

I understand that. Sorry, wasn't my question. What script do you use for mail notification?

I mis-understood your question.

There are two scripts that users may install that provide unRAID status notifications.  They are contained in their respective .conf files and put into place to be run via cron when installed.

The first script is in (and when installed, extracted from)

/boot/packages/mail_status-unmenu-package.conf

when installed results in a shell script in

/etc/cron.hourly/smtp_status.sh

The top few lines in the shell script contain the configurable variables from on the unMENU package manager's screen.

This first script is run hourly and provides a notification if the array status is abnormal or if a disk temperature is above a warning threshold.  It can be configured to provide "ok" status reports when the array is fine, either hourly, or on specific hours of the day.

The second script is run every 5 minutes by a cron entry it installs for itself.  It is installed into

/usr/local/sbin/overtemp_shutdown.sh

It will provide warnings via e-mail every 5 minutes when a disk's temperature exceeds a threshold (the default is 50C) and will shut the server down if a disk's temperature exceeds a second higher threshold (default 55C ).

It is in a unmenu .conf file named:

/boot/packages/powerdown-overtemp-unmenu-package.conf

You can view both of these .conf files here.

http://unraid-unmenu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mail_status-unmenu-package.conf

and

http://unraid-unmenu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/powerdown-overtemp-unmenu-package.conf

Nice one - helpful as ever! I'm unsure of plan here. I suspect cron is far more appropriate for a long term solution, than a ping type while loop bash script! I'll try and take the best of both scripts, and combine into one unholy mother of notification scripts the world has ever seen!

:)

Nice one - helpful as ever! I'm unsure of plan here. I suspect cron is far more appropriate for a long term solution, than a ping type while loop bash script! I'll try and take the best of both scripts, and combine into one unholy mother of notification scripts the world has ever seen!

:)

That, my friend, is probably the best approach.

I now put the conf file under /boot/packages however it's not in the package manager of the unraid menu, I did do check for updates, but also did not help. How do I get it to install? Thanks for the help.

Put in the /boot/packages and reload the package manager page.  DO NOT do a check for updates of unMenu as that will probably move the conf file to a dated folder for the unMenu install files.

Look for WebGui and simple fetures package. on the unMenu package manager page.

• Squid locked this topic