"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way the email notification can just read the ssmtp configuration instead of setting it up in two different places?

I think speeding_ant is working on moving away from the use of unRAID_Notify as the mail subsystem.  It is good great for what it is, but it can not do some of the things that a "true" mail install can.  The one that is installed via unMenu is more complete and I think speeding_ant is working towards incorporating that.

Ahh ok, gotcha.  By unMenu, you mean the one on (default) port 8080? The ones installed through Pkg Manager, or is this something separate?

I'd honestly like to get away from the application on 8080, unless they're doing a revamp of it.  I'd prefer something like webGui with some of the features myMenu (the "8080" app) has--a one stop shop, you know?

But I believe that app is being re-written right? Since now it's written purely in awk, and not really a "Web app" in the general sense.

Ahh ok, gotcha.  By unMenu, you mean the one on (default) port 8080? The ones installed through Pkg Manager, or is this something separate?

Yes, the one on default port 8080 is the unMenu webGUI.  The one that has the package manager, myMain, User Scripts, etc.

I'd honestly like to get away from the application on 8080, unless they're doing a revamp of it.  I'd prefer something like webGui with some of the features myMenu (the "8080" app) has--a one stop shop, you know?

I know what you mean.  With the future release of version 5 of unRAID, most if not all, of the functions available in the unMenu webGUI should be able to be moved over to the unRAID webGUI.

But I believe that app is being re-written right? Since now it's written purely in awk, and not really a "Web app" in the general sense.

the unMenu webGUI is not being re-written... as far as I know.  It has gone through some significant changes and improvements since it was first conceived, but I doubt much with it is going to change in the near future.

The webGUI released by speeding_ant is mostly a skin on the current 5.0b unRAID webGUI and only available to unRAID users running the 5.0b versions.  The Simple Features package adds some nice stuff, that has been available in the unMenu webGUI for a while.  speeding_ant is doing some very nice stuff with the regard to the unRAID webGUI and I look forward to seeing what he comes up with.  I fully expect that once 5.0 gets out of beta that much more of the features available in unMenu will be migrated to the unRAID webGUI.

Yeah, I agree.  I really like what's in unMenu webGUI, especially with speeding_ant's additions.

When I finish up some projects, I'll try to find time to migrate over some features of unMenu webGUI to unRAID webGUI so that many of us can just go to unMenu for most of our needs.

@speeding_ant - awesome package!  Thank you so much.

Any chance of slightly changing the disk stats page to exclude the cache drive from the calculation of "Total Array Size" and related statistics?  It isn't part of the protected array, thus I'd don't consider it useable space.

I forgot 2 more: unRAID Status Alert sent hourly by e-mail & unRAID Power-Down on disk overtemp

Those functions are actually in the package right now. It's in the settings tab, under Email Notifications. Set the alert frequency, and put in your email details and it will send alert messages.

If you have powerdown script installed, it will run whatever script you choose (eg, "powerdown") at your preset "Critical" temperature.

Unsure - You could try and run it manually. In terminal type: "unraid_notify run_service" to check log.

Works on gmail with SSL no problems. Things to check are DNS (make sure DNS server is in the network settings, otherwise it can't resolve domains), and that if you've got and SSL enabled then make sure port is correct (usually would be 465).

Very nice work, thanks much...

I'm getting the following error on the stats page, under the Disks section...

---snip---

Fatal error: Call to undefined function my_disk() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures/DiskStats.php on line 17

---/snip---

Which is: $link="<a href='{$path}/{$type}?name={$disk[name]}'>". my_disk($disk[name]) ."</a>";

Not seeing anything in my syslog regarding errors.

I'm using v 0.3 with unraid 5.0b6a

Executing that, I got this:

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 399: [: 34: unary operator expected
/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 399: [: 33: unary operator expected
/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 399: [: 35: unary operator expected
/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 399: [: 35: unary operator expected
/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 399: [: 32: unary operator expected
/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 460: [: 114748: unary operator expected

No syslog output.  Checking those lines, it's doing comparisons on disk temperatures, etc..

I've done every combo of the same Gmail sending to it self, with both 465 and 587, and with just the login name (no @gmail.com) in the set up fields. But no test emails have come through. Hmm...

Also, I had that "Missing my_disk() function" error when I initially installed this plugin, but I forget how I fixed it...

Edit: Actually, that may have been from the skin alone...I forget.

Did you have unraid_notify installed beforehand? It appears the conf file has an issue with the information inside it.

Might be worth removing the conf file in your flash/config/ folder for unraid_notify, and then restart unRAID. It will install a fresh config file.

If it still doesn't work, please submit the conf file to the forum so I can check it out.

Cheers

• Squid locked this topic