"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool.

Hey, don't have a screenshot, but I noticed in Chrome, that the 'Submit' button for editing Email Notifications form, is somewhat cut off by the footer. Not sure how the footer is CSS'd--or why the Submit buitton doesn't have some space between it and the footer. My CSS is a bit rusty but I'm getting back into it again :/

Cheers for that - Can you do me a favour? I need to figure out a check to see if a disk is both:

a - OK

b - In the array

In the Utils menu, there's a Vars utility. Can you scroll down until you see a disk that you know hasn't been added to the array, and compare it to a disk that is? Then post results. I don't have a spare disk lying around, so I can't check!

Cheers :)

sure, here is my "VAR" for disks.

http://pastebin.com/vUZdFh9j

I also have this issue with the SMTP emails....

This message is a status update for unRAID  Aurora-NAS01
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Server Name: Aurora-NAS01
Date: Wed Jun 22 22:50:53 NZST 2011

Disk Temperature Status
Parity Disk [sda]: 32°C (DiskId: WDC_WD2002FAEX-007BA0_WD-WMAY01247617)
Disk 1 [sdd]: Not-Reported (DiskId: WDC_WD20EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCAZA4629161)
Disk 2 [sdf]: Not-Reported (DiskId: WDC_WD20EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCAZA6465704)
Disk 3 [sdh]: Not-Reported (DiskId: WDC_WD20EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCAZA6491676)
Disk 4 [sdj]: Not-Reported (DiskId: WDC_WD20EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCAZA6465853)
Disk 5 [sdc]: 26°C (DiskId: WDC_WD15EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WMAZA0482516)
Disk 6 [sde]: Not-Reported (DiskId: WDC_WD15EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WMAZA0574987)
Disk 7 [sdg]: Not-Reported (DiskId: WDC_WD15EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCAZA0039233)
Disk 8 [sdi]: Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD15EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WMAZA1102785)
Disk 9 [sdk]: Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD15EARS-00Z5B1_WD-WMAVU2071166)

Disk SMART Health Status
Parity Disk PASSED (DiskId: WDC_WD2002FAEX-007BA0_WD-WMAY01247617)
Disk 1 Not-Reported (DiskId: WDC_WD20EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCAZA4629161)
Disk 2 Not-Reported (DiskId: WDC_WD20EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCAZA6465704)
Disk 3 Not-Reported (DiskId: WDC_WD20EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCAZA6491676)
Disk 4 Not-Reported (DiskId: WDC_WD20EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCAZA6465853)
Disk 5 PASSED (DiskId: WDC_WD15EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WMAZA0482516)
Disk 6 Not-Reported (DiskId: WDC_WD15EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WMAZA0574987)
Disk 7 Not-Reported (DiskId: WDC_WD15EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WCAZA0039233)
Disk 8 Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD15EARS-00MVWB0_WD-WMAZA1102785)
Disk 9 Spun-Down (DiskId: WDC_WD15EARS-00Z5B1_WD-WMAVU2071166)

the disks that say "Not-Reported" are hanging off 2x IBM BR10i and I can see the temps on the "Main Page" but they are not sent in the email. Can you also allow us to set the "Name" for the email account being used to send from. currently you are sending the name as the same as the email address.

and the disks are not the correct "disk X" as you have disk 19 shown as disk 9 (see my above screenshot) :)

cheers :)

Thanks - will use that data.

I use unraid_notify as a script, not sure what's going on with the disk names. I'll have to see how it's coded to figured that out.

Also, I can try and sort out a "name" field for the email when I change to SSMTP.

Cheers!

no worries, just PM me if you want further testing or info. I do seem to have an odd setup :P with disks not added in sequential order.

Cheers! This is on the cards for the next release:

• Modal the realtime syslog
  • Modal for system info
  • System info page, which is kind of like Apple system profiler. Except uglier, because there are no easy tools to grab this information nicely.
  • Change email notifications to SSMTP, with separate page for editing SMTP details. This lays the groundwork for UPS notifications etc using SSMTP without additional configuration.

any chance you can add the APC UPS package to your simple features and/or have it configurable with your GUI? This would be awesome!

It took me 5 seconds to get this up and running finally to try it out this evening. Great job! It looks as good in real life as in your post screenshots!

I am sure there is quite a few of us out there that move smaller drive down an array and have room in the middle to upgrade...

My QA system is currently No parity, Disk1 -> Disk7 are 2TB Drives (it takes this value and carries it down to Disk8 & Disk9 even though there are none).

Then I have a 3TB drive as Disk10 (it takes this value and carries it down to Disk11 -> Disk16 even though there are none).

Then Disk16 -> Disk19 are 160GB drives which it got right, nice. (Disk16 being 99% full is correct and Disk17 at 98% full is correct as well).

Disk20 is a 250GB drive which it got right, Nice.

And finally the flash drive which is correct.

Screenshot attached, if you need a better picture let me know. Multipule lines of "Warning: Division by zero in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures/DiskStats.php on line 117"

Since I finally got around to loading this I will have a laundry list for you soon. That's not a bad thing, its because i am in love with this GUI, compared to what we have had out there.

You are every skilled, open minded and took good direction from the big guys here in the forum early on, to not go down the wrong path. Seriously sweet work!!!

Need to figure out why email is not working really quick (it should be relaying off my internal exchange mailbox/transport server like everything else does and the unMenu ssmtp package did work...)

Next in line is apcupsd (critical like email) and then as a MAC user u should already have had iSTAT  ;D LOL

stats_error.png.af2492043b9a912c5b92ba08dcb1a7e2.png

Cheers  8)

Can already see a few issues with the CSS from your screenshot. Guessing you have user shares turned off?

The SOCAT package has issues with resolving DNS by the looks. Starts working with an IP instead of FQDN. I'll be moving to SSMTP, with separate settings. I'll eventually work with someone to get apcupsd ported over.

Perhaps I should start a thread to kick off development for unRAID 5 packages, with some guidelines/templates on how to make them? I can't make all of these dreams come true myself, and I still believe that my programming skills aren't good enough to give justice to decent notification scripts etc. I can provide my code to dynamically create config files through PHP, and display them as an HTML form...

Thanks again for the help everyone!

tried to download

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 403

www.pixeleyes.co.nz

Thu Jun 23 21:14:19 2011

Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8l DAV/2 PHP/5.3.4 mod_jk/1.2.28 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.6.1

:)

root@p5bplus:~# installpkg /boot/packages/simpleFeatures-0.6b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz

Verifying package simpleFeatures-0.6b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz.

Installing package simpleFeatures-0.6b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz:

PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:

# simpleFeatures for unRAID 5.0

# Looks best on modern browsers

# Includes revamped webGui

# Includes unraid_notify script, socat

# Includes dmidecode

Executing install script for simpleFeatures-0.6b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz.

* simpleFeatures has been installed

* Looks best on modern browsers

* Includes revamped webGui

* Includes unraid_notify script & socat

Package simpleFeatures-0.6b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz installed.

the modal works but is not complete

and the more info button doesn't return anything

modal1.jpg

Rest seems to work ...

need to try the email thing

but my server never sleeps so i won't even try that ;)

statsjh.jpg

and it seems that i am running out of space ;)

good tomorrow is payday ... another 2tb disk needed

So what's your Email Notifications do? Is it just for setting up the configuration for unraid_notify? Or do you create reports to send through unraid_notify?

Is anyone working on setting this up to use SSMTP instead?

I'll test out your beta later tonight, too.

So what's your Email Notifications do? Is it just for setting up the configuration for unraid_notify? Or do you create reports to send through unraid_notify?

Is anyone working on setting this up to use SSMTP instead?

I'll test out your beta later tonight, too.

speeding_ant just said above that he is working on moving this over to ssmtp.  unRAID_notify is easier to get set up, but has it's limitations.  Give him some time and he will hopefully be able to get something working with ssmtp.

:)

root@p5bplus:~# installpkg /boot/packages/simpleFeatures-0.6b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz

Verifying package simpleFeatures-0.6b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz.

Installing package simpleFeatures-0.6b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz:

PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:

# simpleFeatures for unRAID 5.0

# Looks best on modern browsers

# Includes revamped webGui

# Includes unraid_notify script, socat

# Includes dmidecode

Executing install script for simpleFeatures-0.6b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz.

* simpleFeatures has been installed

* Looks best on modern browsers

* Includes revamped webGui

* Includes unraid_notify script & socat

Package simpleFeatures-0.6b-unraid-speeding_ant.tgz installed.

the modal works but is not complete

and the more info button doesn't return anything

modal1.jpg

Rest seems to work ...

need to try the email thing

but my server never sleeps so i won't even try that ;)

statsjh.jpg

and it seems that i am running out of space ;)

good tomorrow is payday ... another 2tb disk needed

Fixed my issues as well. the "More Info" doesnt work but the Stats page is fine now :) thanks. perhaps the Stats Page can list the disk bays not in use but mark them as empty rather thank not list them ?

Defected - absolutely pleased if you wanted to help. Email notifications just takes the config file of unRAID_Notify (a bash script) and turns it into something configurable. Should easily be able to edit the script manually to replace SOCAT and include SSMTP. Only issue is that I need to figure out where SSMTP wants to store its conf file, and then I just need to make a separate page in Simple Features to edit it.

For those that say the info button doesn't work, please explain! Also, I'm not sure if listing inactive drives in the stats pool is a good idea. Mainly due to the fact that you could have 20 drives in there, and that takes up a lot of screen space. Thoughts?

Cheers

• Squid locked this topic