"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

One idea for you guys. I tried rebooting the server today and your webpage just waited and waited. I thought it had hung.

I then checked the syslog to see the system was looping trying to unmount the cache drive. I ran umouint -l from the console which unmounted, then your webpage updated.

Something you may want to look at, if not the umount but at a minimum notifying the user of what's causing the problem / syslog scrape.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One idea for you guys. I tried rebooting the server today and your webpage just waited and waited. I thought it had hung.

I then checked the syslog to see the system was looping trying to unmount the cache drive. I ran umouint -l from the console which unmounted, then your webpage updated.

Something you may want to look at, if not the umount but at a minimum notifying the user of what's causing the problem / syslog scrape.

This is a small bug in the original SF template: it does not show the status messages on the bottom of the screen.

It has been corrected in my version, and I guess this can be ported later to the official version as well.

You may have installed the PHP package from within unMenu? From stock, unRAID uses a built in PHP run-time solution, which isn't particularly verbose.

I uninstalled unMenu and the errors stopped. Reinstalled unMenu and still error free.

I'll start re-installing the packahges and see which one triggers the issue, if any at all this time.

The errors appeared again after installing the unRAID-Web package.  I guess the problem lies there.

I can't really tell if bonienl's modifications are going to be integrated into Simple Features or not.. but I really like the "total array size" feature.

Also.. one small suggestion would be to add to the Stats page the same info you have for each disk... for user shares. It would be great to see the same graphical display of how much of each user share is being used and how much is left - I would argue more useful than the disc info. Maybe if user shares are enabled the Stat's page would show shares.. and if they are disabled, it would show discs.

Anyway.. great plugin.. much more pleasant to look at :)

whiteatom

Made an update to the package, and version 0.9c 0.9d 0.9e is available for download here.

Changes in this version:

+ Stats page can toggle between display of disks and shares (click on the 'view' icons on top right for selection)

+ Simple Features version is mentioned next to the unRAID version

+ Added a little 'snow' twist to the unRAID image (disabled by default, go to display settings to enable it)

- Corrected a bug in the browse function, file sizes were not correctly displayed

Note 1: the "free" calculation of shares is based on the existence of the particular share on a disk. In other words it won't count disk space for those disks which do not have this share present. This is different from the unRAID calculation, given in the "User Shares" page.

Note 2: After upgrading to this package, the 'extra' settings are reset to their defaults.

Enjoy!

Another update version 0.9d 0.9e is available. This one is mainly small but useful corrections.

This is the list of changes:

- Corrected division by zero error when file size is 0

- Corrected view for browser function (smaller line heights and fixed width)

- Corrected file modified date display in browser function

- Corrected none display of SF version

- Corrected bug in system profiler display

* Moved style coding from PHP to CSS file

* Revised the view of automatic number display

+ Added "number alignment" setting (left, center or right)

+ Info window has real-time update of server uptime

+ Added icons in disk stats display

+ Some internal code optimizations

Upon installing this package the 'extra' settings will be reset to their defaults.

UPDATE:

It seems for me that simpleFeatures doesn't stick and my system reverts back to default after every reboot? Did I do something wrong?  :-[

Edit:

Never mind, 0.9e works perfectly - didn't even need to reboot, just hit "refresh" on browser and there it is...

hmm.. don't know what I've done wrong, installed it twice (0.9c) on 5.12b and reboot still seeing old webgui...

I'll give 0.9e another try tonight and report back.

I just noticed that its spinning up the drives when opening, is this an intended feature?

The webGUI does not spin up the drives by itself, there is no difference in behaviour as compared to the standard interface.

figured it out either my drive combo or raid combo wants to spin up for the drive temps

• Squid locked this topic