"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a new release version 0.9f.

In this version I have created a GUI interface for two scripts which I commonly use: "cache_dirs" (made by Joe L.) and "s3_sleep" (various authors). The latter one has been adapted to work in a similar background way as cache_dirs. It accepts options too for interaction with the GUI.

settingsPage.png

Complete change log:

- Corrected ratio calculation between total array size and parity size

- Corrected display of "snow" on Share Settings page

- Corrected 'notice' display of UserEdit page

+ Added display of duration and average speed for last successful parity-check

+ Added menu for cache_dirs

+ Added menu for s3_sleep

* Improved "uncommitted changes" warning to work dynamically (including newly added pages)

download the file, copy it to "/boot/extra" and reload your system.

Let me know your findings...

Looks promising,

How to add a function spin up when accessed ? , see script here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=14763.msg139046#msg139046

And can you add mail function as well ?

//Peter

How to add a function spin up when accessed ? , see script here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=14763.msg139046#msg139046

And can you add mail function as well ?

Forgive me my ignorance, but isn't this "spin up" script not the same thing as defining spin up groups? If not what is its added value?

The mail addition is something under development by speeding_ant, I don't want to create a dependency on this (read: get all kind of support requests for it)  ;)

Forgive me my ignorance, but isn't this "spin up" script not the same thing as defining spin up groups? If not what is its added value?

no, it is not the same.  It spins up those disks involved in a specific user-share when any directory/file is accessed in that user-share.

I may have "Movies" on all my disks, but "Music" only on 3 of them.  I also have set up links to alternately named directories for alpha ranges of movies.

In other words, the single TRUE_LIES.ISO is visible under /mnt/user/Movies/ and under /mnt/user/Movies [P-T]

I set up the alternate links (and subsequent user-shares) so my older media players did not have to scroll through 1000 movies to get to one near the end of the alphabet.

Now, that alpha range of movies might span two or more disks.  If I am browsing through the listing via Movies [P-T] I want only those two disks to spin up.

Eventually I'll pick one, and if the disks are not already spinning, that older media player times-out while waiting and I have to reset them back to scan the entire listing again.

If I am browsing via the "Movies" share, I want them all to spin up.  This is very different than spinning up disks that share a controller.  It is spinning up all the disks that comprise a given user-share.

Joe L.

Thanks for that explanation Joe, you produce a lot of "goodies"  :)

It is useful but at the same time a specific environment.

I do all my movie title browsing 'offline', that is the complete movie list, plus index and genre selection is stored locally on my media player. Only when I want to play a movie it will access the unraid server. This way browsing goes fast and doesn't rely on disks needing to spin up.

Is there somewhere a link to download the latest version? Sorry for asking but this probably works quicker than me searching the forum  ;D

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Keeping SimpleFeatures a combined package until an official plugin manager has been released was the original plan. Once it has been completed, SimpleFeatures will instead become a "Suite" of packaged features. I agree that some of the additional features aren't really essential. However, they make the unRAID experience sweet. Again, will become seperate plugins.

Mail is working in the latest "Original" Package. SSMTP works flawlessly for me, and integrates nicely with preclear etc.

My opinion on the header is that it will go back to the more minimalist style. I love the icon set, don't like the additional icons in the headers. All of this will of course be discussed and perhaps even customizable. Once I've cleared up existing work (paid work), I'll have time to devote to SimpleFeatures again.

Thanks Bonieni, Madburg and users for everything so far  :)  It's nice to see so many downloads of this package already!

Thanks for that explanation Joe, you produce a lot of "goodies"  :)

It is useful but at the same time a specific environment.

I do all my movie title browsing 'offline', that is the complete movie list, plus index and genre selection is stored locally on my media player. Only when I want to play a movie it will access the unraid server. This way browsing goes fast and doesn't rely on disks needing to spin up.

Is there somewhere a link to download the latest version? Sorry for asking but this probably works quicker than me searching the forum  ;D

If you place your MYSQL & THUMBNAILS on a cache drive, symlink your THUMBNAILS over GIG-E and configure the cache_dirs to the appropriate level, you can browse all of your media very quickly without spinning up any drives (besides the cache drive) until you play a movie.  You can also setup a nightly rsync to backup your MYSQL & THUMBNAILS off your cache drive to somewhere else.

This is a new release version 0.9f.

Let me know your findings...

Besides the mail settings disappearing, I did notice that the icons on the settings page fail to "glow" when enabled.  Also, the Scheduler seems to add the proper cron job for scheduling parity checks, but does not load the existing/new settings for viewing/modification.

Besides the mail settings disappearing

Mail did not really disappear, it is only included in the official version of Simple Features.

I did notice that the icons on the settings page fail to "glow" when enabled.

I am not sure want you mean by this. The text underneath the icons changes color to indicate a selection. The image itself doesn't change.

Also, the Scheduler seems to add the proper cron job for scheduling parity checks, but does not load the existing/new settings for viewing/modification.

The scheduler creates a temporary file in "/tmp" which holds unacknowledged settings. Is your directory "/tmp" write protected?

speeding_ant, in bonienl version there was a setting to allow me to run parity checks weekly at a certain time.

How can I do this another way as I prefer your version at the moment!

Or is it being added to your version?

I'd like to run a parity check at 10:30 on a Friday evening (or as soon as the mover is finished (runs at 22:05) - can your script check if it's finished?)

That would be sweet!

Cheers.

An ability to stop the mover would be good too, currently I cannot safely shut down my array until it is finished the transfer.  Maybe an option to adjust the cache pressure setting?

sysctl -w vm.vfs_cache_pressure=200

Or even a utility icon for Transmission and Pyload, similar to what there is for Plex, so they can be stopped from there instead of telnet?

I love the work you are doing so far, great improvement over the stock gui :)

Good point, forgot about that!

Would be nice to somehow link those to the "stop array" button somehow.  If you click stop array before shutting down those add-ons, it freezes the web GUI and I don't know of a way to safely shut it down via the command line without invoking a parity check when it reboots.

Good point, forgot about that!

Would be nice to somehow link those to the "stop array" button somehow.  If you click stop array before shutting down those add-ons, it freezes the web GUI and I don't know of a way to safely shut it down via the command line without invoking a parity check when it reboots.

You can click on those buttons and stop the processes and the shutdown will continue.  (basically, it is looping, waiting for the processes using the disks to stop)

Oh yes, the latest 5.X series does have provisions for tying in the "stop" actions of scripts.  Some of the newest add-ons are taking advantage of them.

Joe L

Ah right - that timeout is intentional at the test page, unfortunately not a lot I can do about it. SSMTP seems to hang with the wrong settings. Presume because Tom doesn't use a proper PHP/Apache service, it will hang the webGui as well. The timeout does "solve" it, but only for the test page.

I'm unsure if your other webgui issue is related. There appears to be a few reports of different services doing the same thing (plex, etc). Once I got the settings in SSMTP correct, the issues dissipated and I've had a wonderfully stable webGui.

• Squid locked this topic