"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I am using Internet Explorer and my Health page looks like the picture in the attachment.

This is a problem of Internet Explorer, the same thing happens to me, though it is introduced by one of the microsoft updates.

I can tell because I have one machine without all of the patches and Internet Explorer displays all fine, while the other machine which is fully up to date with patches shows this behaviour. Furthermore the header is also screwed up (text at the right is moved all the way to the left next to the picture). Is this also happening to you?

No, the S3 sleep script he also wrote :)

(I have the independent version, however it is also included with SimpleFeatures in the settings pages)

Not really sure what you mean here...

In this version 1.0b3 actually both the sleep button and the sleep script issue directly the sleep status without any prior commands to spin up disks.

Yes, I am using Internet Explorer and my Health page looks like the picture in the attachment.

This is a problem of Internet Explorer, the same thing happens to me, though it is introduced by one of the microsoft updates.

I can tell because I have one machine without all of the patches and Internet Explorer displays all fine, while the other machine which is fully up to date with patches shows this behaviour. Furthermore the header is also screwed up (text at the right is moved all the way to the left next to the picture). Is this also happening to you?

I haven't noticed any header problem. But it is indeed a Interne Explorer problem. Firefox looks good. Way to go microsoft!

Released updates to two packages:

Developers:

Click link below to see how to add a notification to the webGui!

http://code.google.com/p/unraid-simplefeatures/wiki/NotificationsDeveloperInformation

Packages:

http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures-v1.0b4-Base.tgz

Improvements:

Added scripts to add in notifications.

Bug Fixes:

CSS Fixes

http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures-v1.0b4-email-notify-addon.tgz

Additions:

Modified unraid_notify to push Notifications to webGui.

Bug Fixes:

Fixed Auth when no user is defined

Fixed test email script

I still experience slowdowns/unresponsiveness of the interface, now when i enter the health page. Yesterday, right after installing 1.0b3 and after looking in the health page, the interface "stalled". Short after that I couldn't enter the Unraid main page anymore.

What version of unRAID are you using?

I still experience slowdowns/unresponsiveness of the interface, now when i enter the health page. Yesterday, right after installing 1.0b3 and after looking in the health page, the interface "stalled". Short after that I couldn't enter the Unraid main page anymore.

What version of unRAID are you using?

I use 5.0b14

Do you get a delay upon initial access of the health page?

The script tries to read the SMART parameters of the first selected disk (parity disk) and only checks the active/inactive status of the other disks.

If your parity disk (and others) is attached on an IDE interface it might take some time to retrieve the SMART information as the disk will need to spin up first.

You can try to spin up first all disks from the main page and then go to the health page.

BTW: I will look into moving the "time-consuming" parts into the background and improve the page response times!

The script tries to read the SMART parameters of the first selected disk (parity disk) and only checks the active/inactive status of the other disks.

If your parity disk (and others) is attached on an IDE interface it might take some time to retrieve the SMART information as the disk will need to spin up first.

You can try to spin up first all disks from the main page and then go to the health page.

If this script not check all disk automatics, I would like to have a function like in unmenu so it check all disk for errors.

Would this script check the disk in the background or is it only when you acess the page?

//Peter

If this script not check all disk automatics, I would like to have a function like in unmenu so it check all disk for errors.

Would this script check the disk in the background or is it only when you acess the page?

All disks are monitored in the background. If the status of a disk changes (e.g. it goes online, offline or fails) it will be displayed within the next 10 seconds. You can keep the health page open and see "real-time" monitoring.

Selecting a specific disk will retrieve and display the requested information for that disk instantly.

No, the S3 sleep script he also wrote :)

(I have the independent version, however it is also included with SimpleFeatures in the settings pages)

Not really sure what you mean here...

In this version 1.0b3 actually both the sleep button and the sleep script issue directly the sleep status without any prior commands to spin up disks.

Mine spins up, but I don't think it's a Simplefeatures thing.

Also, the sleep button didn't work when I installed the add-on, It might need a reinstall so i'll report back.

BTW: I will look into moving the "time-consuming" parts into the background and improve the page response times!

No, it isn't on initial access. When I was on the health page and then tried to access one of the other pages the entire interface became unresponsive. Later I couldn't acces the main page anymore or the server by typing Tower.

No, it isn't on initial access. When I was on the health page and then tried to access one of the other pages the entire interface became unresponsive. Later I couldn't acces the main page anymore or the server by typing Tower.

The script uses in the background the commands "hdparm" and "smartctl", by your description it sounds that something gets locked up when issuing these commands.

Are you able to retrieve the different informations from the choices (disk identification, disk capabilities, etc) on the health page itself?

Another question: do you have a large number of disks?

The script starts background monitoring for each individual disk, I am wondering if a high number (say >10) of disks have negative impact on system performance.

Perhaps somebody with a large amount of disks can make a comment?

• Squid locked this topic