"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Getting information from /usr/bin/sensors is a sore subject I think. Just setting it up with lm_sensors is difficult (it's a perl script, Perl alone is a 13mb download), let alone finding all the kernel drivers for different chipsets etc.

I think this has been attempted before, and from memory it was too difficult to produce as a plugin.

Correct me if I'm wrong  :) 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still experience slowdowns/unresponsiveness of the interface, now when i enter the health page. Yesterday, right after installing 1.0b3 and after looking in the health page, the interface "stalled". Short after that I couldn't enter the Unraid main page anymore.

Another question: do you have a large number of disks?

The script starts background monitoring for each individual disk, I am wondering if a high number (say >10) of disks have negative impact on system performance.

Perhaps somebody with a large amount of disks can make a comment?

I have only 7 disks at the moment.

I have rebooted the server and everything seems to be running fine.

There is a small delay when I access the Health page, also when I click the individual disks there is a small delay.

Disk Identity, attributes  and more also work nicely.

What has happened to the Stats page ?

SimpleFeatures has been split into separate plugins. Please see the original post, with the revised installation instructions.

Cheers!

My Bad, should have read the entire fist post,

I have a suggestion though, I have have now downloaded and installed all the addon's, as this list grows if will be become increasingly difficult to track changes, maybe an update page can be created which lists all the installed addon's and their versions with some indication updates.

Another nice option, would be to enable or disable the features or addon's from the webpage.

Working on the next update to the base package..  I've added in active connections for both the SMB and AFP page, plus a combined connections stat in the info panel.

What features are people hanging out for? I'm thinking maybe a nice little mini real-time graph showing CPU/Network usage. That'd be quite cool...

WARLOCK, great idea. I'll talk to bonienl about what we could do here.

Working on the next update to the base package..  I've added in active connections for both the SMB and AFP page, plus a combined connections stat in the info panel.

What features are people hanging out for? I'm thinking maybe a nice little mini real-time graph showing CPU/Network usage. That'd be quite cool...

I'd like the following:

1. Tracking of smart data (Every hour or so, it polls the data to track changes - as per smart history on UnMenu - but with better graphs...)

2. Realtime graphs (and statistical history - mrtg did this but it did not work properly...)

3. Auto updater -> I only very rarely check for updates, so if it did this automatically that would be great.

Forgot to add awesome keep up the great work.

Since I use my unRAID mainly as a media server with Plex, it would be neat to see a list of which video files are currently being accessed (lsof) from my user shares. I think it would be best to only show open files from non cache-only shares...

Also, I second an Auto-Update feature of some sort... Especially with the amount of updates coming lately, it would be nice to be able to click on an update button from the WebGUI or have SF do it automatically once per day/week/etc.

Maybe give a SF preference page which allows the user to select the packages they want installed and give update options from there?

Are these lines in the syslog happening because I din't configure e-mail notifications (see attachment)

Correct. You can turn it off in the Email Notifications page if you want. Otherwise, put in your mail provider details and send a test email. The output in the log will show you where it fails, if it fails. Once it's all sorted, turn off debugging.

Curious, why is the suggested install location /boot/extra and not /boot/config/plugins/ as I'm seen with other plugins?

any package in /boot/extra is automatically installed on reboot without any additional lines in the GO file. Makes for a much easier upgrade, if you ask me.

Hi mate,

Thought of a perfect thing I need:

Ability to set RTC wake alarm!!!

For example, if I want a parity check to run at 10pm on a Friday night, but the server is off, it won't do it. Could you setup a plugin that allows you to set the bios RTC alarm (cat /proc/driver/rtc) for different days of the week/month?

Thanks for the great plugins :D

Been using SimpleFeatures for awhile. Just started using it for email notifications.

All of my emails are going to the account I am using to send the email instead of the email I listed for Email & Error Recipients.

I did notice there is an update with some fixes to email scripts, not sure if this was a known issue?

Getting information from /usr/bin/sensors is a sore subject I think. Just setting it up with lm_sensors is difficult (it's a perl script, Perl alone is a 13mb download), let alone finding all the kernel drivers for different chipsets etc.

I think this has been attempted before, and from memory it was too difficult to produce as a plugin.

Correct me if I'm wrong  :)

I once had a look at the sensors part, it is a neat idea but too much hardware dependent. I am afraid not really feasible to do.

Another nice option, would be to enable or disable the features or addon's from the webpage.

To give you my honest opinion: this is the plugin feature set that unRAID should offer out of the box.

It is likely necessary to rewrite the addons to make them fit, but when such a "standard" plugin mechanism exists I would be happy to support it :)

Curious, why is the suggested install location /boot/extra and not /boot/config/plugins/ as I'm seen with other plugins?

any package in /boot/extra is automatically installed on reboot without any additional lines in the GO file. Makes for a much easier upgrade, if you ask me.

That is true and works perfectly fine in case of SimpleFeatures, when you have packages however which depend on a certain condition (e.g. array ready), you problably need to start them from the 'go' file using some additional coding.

Been using SimpleFeatures for awhile. Just started using it for email notifications.

All of my emails are going to the account I am using to send the email instead of the email I listed for Email & Error Recipients.

I did notice there is an update with some fixes to email scripts, not sure if this was a known issue?

Ah yes, the test emails will go to the sender email account. The notifications go to whatever recipient you set.

To give you my honest opinion: this is the plugin feature set that unRAID should offer out of the box.

It is likely necessary to rewrite the addons to make them fit, but when such a "standard" plugin mechanism exists I would be happy to support it :)

This.  :)

I have no go script lines either for stuff in /boot/config/plugins either.  errr at least I don't think I do.  Maybe I need to ask the other plugin authors (acpups, etc) why THEY don't say to put stuff in /boot/extra?

EDIT: nope sure enough ... the ACPUPS plugin just says put it into /boot/config/plugins and reboot.

Mind you all I'm getting at here is ... can't we settle on a single place for autoinstalled plugins?

• Squid locked this topic