"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Limetech put out a new plugin installation method, however IMO it's not quite up to scratch. It's great for installing plugins and gives more flexibility for controlling updates etc, but there's no gui for the user to control it. Completely missed the point of having a plugin manager.

My ultimate idea of a plugin manager is something quite like an App store. Central repository, with version control. unRAID would connect to this repository, you choose which plugins are installed and it's all done for you. Why make do with anything less?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Limetech put out a new plugin installation method, however IMO it's not quite up to scratch. It's great for installing plugins and gives more flexibility for controlling updates etc, but there's no gui for the user to control it. Completely missed the point of having a plugin manager.

My ultimate idea of a plugin manager is something quite like an App store. Central repository, with version control. unRAID would connect to this repository, you choose which plugins are installed and it's all done for you. Why make do with anything less?

I couldn't agree more.  That said, in the mean time ... is there a reason to choose one install directory over another?  Will simple features still install if I put it in /boot/config/plugins??

I couldn't agree more.  That said, in the mean time ... is there a reason to choose one install directory over another?  Will simple features still install if I put it in /boot/config/plugins??

It won't install automatically, not without the required PLG file. However if you wish to have them stored in that directory, you can still put this into your go file:

installpkg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures*

Cheers

I'm using v1.0b4, at first with all the modules downloaded into the extra folder. I then took out the email and cache directories modules.

After a reboot I kept on getting "cannot find /plugins/Notifications/notify.php" errors on the console (no mention in the syslog of this error though). I tried removing all the SimpleFeatures plugins and deleting the extras folder, but still got the same errors. Even with a clean go file and no packages, no plugins (both folders removed) installed I was still getting the "cannot find /plugins/Notifications/notify.php" errors on the console.

When I put everything back in its place with the full lot of SimpleFeatures plugins in the extra directory the error messages stopped. Is there a step that I am missing when uninstalling the SimpleFeatures plugin?

I'm using version 5.0-beta12a and I am attaching the syslog with a clean go file and no packages/plugins being installed, with the array not started.

syslog.txt.zip

It won't install automatically, not without the required PLG file. However if you wish to have them stored in that directory, you can still put this into your go file:

installpkg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures*

Cheers

hmmm not so much my "goal" other than 1) curiosity as to why the differences and 2) always trying to prune things up.

That said, so if I understand you correctly, if there were a .plg file for Simple Features then it would install automatically from /boot/config/plugins?  Or on the flip side, would there be no point to .plg files if the .tgz files just ended up in /boot/extra

And I'm not poking a finger at you (in case it comes across that way in text) ... I'm just generally trying to understand the "system"

I created another small addon for simpleFeatures.

This addon allows real-time monitoring of the active streams (files) being used on the server.

After installation of this addon there is an option "Utils -> Development Utils -> Active Streams"

Click on the icon and any "live" streams will be displayed and updated in real-time.

I am using samba and have only tested SMB sharing, perhaps people using NFS or AFP can do a test as well?

You can download the addon here and copy it to the "/boot/extra" directory (or your own preferred directory).

You can reboot your system or install the addon manually using:

installpkg /boot/extra/simpleFeatures-v1.0b4-active-streams-addon.tgz

BonieNL

Is the sleep script also able to ping two or more IPs (Wait for Device Inactivity)?

Yes that's possible. Use a space to separate the indivual IP addresses.

Hm, as soon as I add a second IP the server goes to sleep even if one or two of the PCs are still online.

Hm, as soon as I add a second IP the server goes to sleep even if one or two of the PCs are still online.

I corrected the s3_sleep script for the incorrect IP monitoring behaviour. In the same process I also corrected the monitoring of TCP activity.

The updated s3_sleep script version 1.1.0 can be downloaded here.

Unzip the file and put in the directory "/usr/local/sbin" - overwriting the old version (make sure it has execution rights).

Andrew,

If you append a version number to the css and js that you are loading, when you update the files this will cause the browser to see the change and load the new file without requiring the user to clear their cache, force a reload, etc.  They won't see screwed up formatting because of an old file, they will always load the correct file for this version either from cache or from the server.

You can either use the existing version for the page, or put the version in the ini or somewhere else, then add it as a query string for each loaded file.

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?=$root?>/style/<?=$var['mdColor']?>.gif" type="image/gif">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?=$root?>/style/template.css?ver=<?=$page_array['Main']['Version']?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?=$sf?>/style/jquery.jgrowl.css?ver=<?=$page_array['Main']['Version']?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?=$sf?>/style/ui.dropdownchecklist.css?ver=<?=$page_array['Main']['Version']?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?=$sf?>/style/shadowbox.css?ver=<?=$page_array['Main']['Version']?>">

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?=$sf?>/scripts/jquery.min.js?ver=1.6.2"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?=$sf?>/scripts/jquery.jgrowl.min.js?ver=<?=$page_array['Main']['Version']?>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?=$sf?>/scripts/jquery-ui.custom.js?ver=1.8.13"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?=$sf?>/scripts/ui.dropdownchecklist.js?ver=1.4"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?=$sf?>/scripts/shadowbox.js?ver=3.0.3"></script>
<?if ($display['banner'] && $display['snow']):?>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?=$sf?>/scripts/snowstorm.js?ver=1.41.20101113"></script>
<?endif;?>

Greg

Just a question for a smale issue regarding the sleep-button on Main Page:

This butten dose not work for me, but i can send the machine over a timeout to Sleep

and also when i open the console and put in "echo -n mem >/sys/power/state"

Is this a "known bug" or is there something wrong with my unraid?

Thanks for your help

Zonediver

Just a question for a smale issue regarding the sleep-button on Main Page:

This butten dose not work for me, but i can send the machine over a timeout to Sleep

and also when i open the console and put in "echo -n mem >/sys/power/state"

Is this a "known bug" or is there something wrong with my unraid?

This is a small bug indeed. The sleep.php script has an incorrect reference:

$('.sleep').click(function() {

should be:

$('#sleep').click(function() {

Now clicking the button will not initiate anything.

The firing of smartctl is unraid_notify script from the email notification package. The script only gathers SMART status if the disk is spun up. It's harmless, but you can change the frequency it checks in the settings page if you wish.

HI Speedy,

where ?

notification page has no timing settings ....

Boom! New Updates! Please test and enjoy!

Stats Package: Sysstats integrated into SimpleFeatures. Under "Stats", select "unRAID Stats". Click the legends to show/hide data. Drag and click on a time period to zoom in. Features historic data since boot, and realtime data when you view the page.

http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures-v1.0b4-stats-addon.tgz - Note new name, please remove previous disk-stats package.

S3 Sleep: Fixes made to sleep button, new S3 script modifications by Bergware.

http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures-v1.0b4-s3-sleep-addon.tgz

width=950http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/Stats.png[/img]

Hey _ant, Nice work... keep it up!!

I do have a problem with the stats package though... after installing I get this error message at the bottom of the page:

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare device_info() (previously declared in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures/DiskStats.php:12) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures/unRAIDStats.php on line 32 "

Any ideas..?

syslog.txt

• Squid locked this topic