"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

I just want to say that you speeding_ant, and those that have helped improve this mod, have done a fantastic job. I've been running 1.0b6 since release day without issue (and previous versions). I would love to see Tom incorporate this into the primary build so that others who are afraid of modifications such as this would be forced to be exposed to it :). Keep up the fantastic work!

+1 for the kudos.. But I actually think it is a nice thing that improvements like this are done outside of the core, as long as the core is open enough to allow it then having this done -not- in Toms scope will increase the development capacity in the cloud and bring is good stuff sooner !

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SimpleFeatures should stay its own development with no dependencies on unRAID (read: Tom). This way further improvements and extensions can happen any time. This includes corrections and modifications too, preferred to do this at our own pace.

It is up to the user to decide whether SimpleFeatures replaces the existing GUI. It might be (desired?) though that some of the improvements/extensions make it into the stock GUI, but that is up to Tom to decide.

Really enjoying using this web interface over the default, not only that, but you've brought some really great features to the party.

I've got a couple of suggestions that have already been mentioned in the thread but just wanted to '+1' them. I've disabled the scheduled parity check as it doesn't contain the NOCORRECT keyword and gone back to the monthly_parity_check.sh script. Since disabling the schedule SF is adding:

# Scheduled Parity Check

cron=""

to crontab, which throws up errors. So, could we get the option to not automatically correct parity on a check and if the schedule is disabled to not add the blank cron job?

Secondly, could we set the level at which SF emails notifications? If everything is working as it should, I don't want to receive an email. I only want to get an email when there is a problem.

Many thanks and keep up the great work!

Hi, I'm fairly new to unraid and have been trying to get the server to sleep after X minutes of inactivity. SimpleFeatures seemed to be able to do this with it's Sleep Mode settings. I have it installed but the server doesn't go to sleep. Here are my current settings for Sleep:

S3 Sleep Functoin - Enabled; Wait for Array Inactivity - Yes; Extra Delay after Array Inactivity - 20; Interval of Network / Device Inactivity - 5 (not sure what this is); Ethernet Interface - eth0; Wait for Network Inactivity - No; Everything else is default except Force Gigabit which I set to Yes.

I can choose put my server to sleep on the main page but the auto sleep timer doesn't seem to be working. Could anyone provide any insight?

Hi, I'm fairly new to unraid and have been trying to get the server to sleep after X minutes of inactivity. SimpleFeatures seemed to be able to do this with it's Sleep Mode settings. I have it installed but the server doesn't go to sleep. Here are my current settings for Sleep:

S3 Sleep Functoin - Enabled; Wait for Array Inactivity - Yes; Extra Delay after Array Inactivity - 20; Interval of Network / Device Inactivity - 5 (not sure what this is); Ethernet Interface - eth0; Wait for Network Inactivity - No; Everything else is default except Force Gigabit which I set to Yes.

I can choose put my server to sleep on the main page but the auto sleep timer doesn't seem to be working. Could anyone provide any insight?

Try reducing the delay time, and make sure nothing is keeping the hard drives spun up.

Really enjoying using this web interface over the default, not only that, but you've brought some really great features to the party.

I've got a couple of suggestions that have already been mentioned in the thread but just wanted to '+1' them. I've disabled the scheduled parity check as it doesn't contain the NOCORRECT keyword and gone back to the monthly_parity_check.sh script. Since disabling the schedule SF is adding:

# Scheduled Parity Check

cron=""

to crontab, which throws up errors. So, could we get the option to not automatically correct parity on a check and if the schedule is disabled to not add the blank cron job?

Secondly, could we set the level at which SF emails notifications? If everything is working as it should, I don't want to receive an email. I only want to get an email when there is a problem.

Many thanks and keep up the great work!

Hopefully cron issue has been resolved in upcoming update.

If you remove the recipients from "Email Recipients", and keep the "Error Recipients", then you'll only receive emails when there's a problem :)

I have nothing that is keeping the drives spun up because nothing is accessing it. With respect to the delay, is it necessary to shorten it? 20 minutes was a good point for me, in fact I was thinking about setting it at 30. Anything less and the server might go to sleep while I'm trying to do something else.

Big release this time. Almost ready to remove the beta tag  :)  Thanks to bergware for a large amount of updates here too!

Same as always, remove the old package and copy the new one into /boot/extra folder.

Change Log:

1.0b7:

- New display option "number format"

- New scheduler option "write corrections to parity disk"

- New sleep mode option "set WOL"

- Addons settings go under "SimpleFeatures Settings"

- Grouped "Confirmations" and "Scheduler" under "SimpleFeatures"

- Grouped "Notifications" settings

- Stats hour format follows display settings

- Internal optimizations

- Improve consistency in textual phrases (leading uppercase, followed by lowercase text) across the board

- CSS improvements to dropdown checkbox

- Let javascript routines on settings pages start after page loading is completed (jquery - document.ready)

- Few internal optimizations

- Corrected some regression errors (bug fixing)

- CSS Improvements on Stats & Health Packages

- Fix menu & links going grey after loading modal window

- Fix realtime stats not showing in certain situations

- Bug fixing

Amazing job!

Would it be possible to add the ip address to the list of info on the active streams plug-in?  I have 8 xbmc devices that are setup to stream from my server and it would be nice to have this for several reasons.  If I'm doing maintenance and need to reboot, I can see if someone is actively streaming and go talk to them directly rather than run from room to room to figure out who's streaming.  Also, I've caught my kids watching TV after bedtime.  It would be nice to be able to check this for active streams and know exactly which child is watching TV or if it's my wife in another room.  My devices are all setup statically so for me, identifying a device by ip address is really easy.

To further enhance this, and I don't know if it's even possible, it would be awesome if a "kill" link could be added next to each stream so that when clicked, it would kill the stream.

Again, great job!

i am having a slight issue with the main page. it is showing my total size, temps, used, free and flash as different values than they should be.

The same thing is happening to me.  The only thing I've done recently is update this add-on and install the iTunes server.

My Total Array size is 10 TB (Correct) My Used size shows 524 TB (incorrect) and the Free size shows 476 TB (also incorrect).  It appears as though it's leaving a period out of the totals.  It should be 5.24 TB free and 4.76 TB used.

Would it be possible to add the ip address to the list of info on the active streams plug-in?

Yes that is possible. I've made an update to the active-streams package. You can download it here

Tip: If your clients are using fixed IP addresses then you can add them to the file "/etc/hosts". Doing so will display the name instead of an IP address.

To further enhance this, and I don't know if it's even possible, it would be awesome if a "kill" link could be added next to each stream so that when clicked, it would kill the stream.

I need to think about that... not sure though if it is feasible  ???

May have something to do with the latest changes Bergware made, regarding displaying of data on the main page and localisation...

Could you remove your /boot/config/simpleFeatures.cfg  file, reboot and check again?

Cheers  :)

A quicker way - without rebooting - is to go to the display settings page, choose the desired number format and click "Apply".

After updating to 1.0b7 and rebooting I was stuck on "Array Starting". I rebooted a couple times and it never started so I removed the updated versions and went back to the old,everything started fine, so I put the updated versions back except for the active streams addon and it booted up fine again. Added active streams and it wouldn't start again.

I rebooted again and it started(with active streams). Is it possible that active streams polls the drives or does something with them to stop the array from starting?

Also, in regards to a "kill" link next to each process, not sure how it could be done, but it would be possible. If you can pull the IP of the streaming PC, which I gather you can from your previous posts, you can do a lsof -i @ipaddress | grep smbd    and then use a regular expression or some sort of search to pull the second string, lsof -i outputs like this:  command      PID      user    FD    TYPE    SIZE    NODE    NAME.

If you can pull the second string(PID) you can kill it. I'm not good with regular expressions or awk so I'm not sure how to do it, but testing it kill pretty much immediately stops the stream. I've tried moving files from the server to my PC, browse the server, copy to the server, nothing else I have done has pulled the smbd command so it should be pretty safe to search for that and kill the PID without fear of killing another process by accident.

May have something to do with the latest changes Bergware made, regarding displaying of data on the main page and localisation...

Could you remove your /boot/config/simpleFeatures.cfg  file, reboot and check again?

Cheers  :)

A quicker way - without rebooting - is to go to the display settings page, choose the desired number format and click "Apply".

that worked for me too. thank you

I rebooted again and it started(with active streams). Is it possible that active streams polls the drives or does something with them to stop the array from starting?

Active streams uses the "lsof" command to read the files under "/mnt/user". The script is not called during reboot and as such does not interfere during the startup process.

After installing active-streams manually all is working for you?

Also, in regards to a "kill" link next to each process, not sure how it could be done, but it would be possible. If you can pull the IP of the streaming PC, which I gather you can from your previous posts, you can do a lsof -i @ipaddress | grep smbd    and then use a regular expression or some sort of search to pull the second string, lsof -i outputs like this:  command      PID      user    FD    TYPE    SIZE    NODE    NAME.

If you can pull the second string(PID) you can kill it. I'm not good with regular expressions or awk so I'm not sure how to do it, but testing it kill pretty much immediately stops the stream. I've tried moving files from the server to my PC, browse the server, copy to the server, nothing else I have done has pulled the smbd command so it should be pretty safe to search for that and kill the PID without fear of killing another process by accident.

I do have the PID already. It is used to link the IP address to the name of the stream. The challenge is though to create a front-end which allows the kill execution on the press of a button.

• Squid locked this topic