"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

For some reason the IP isn't showing up for me, I might have grabbed a older version by accident.

I'm definitely no elite coder, so I'm just throwing out ideas that I have, they may be good or bad, may work or not, :P . Could you parse the streams into a form? Again not sure if it's even possible but do that assigning variables to each stream/pid, putting checkboxes next to each stream, clicking "submit" would pass the variables to a php page similar to how plug-ins currently write to config files, and do a while loop to kill the pids?

Once again, no idea if its possible, no flaming please, :). I'm learning here too so if it won't work a simple explanation to why not or even a simple "won't work" will suffice. Its a part of learning,  :P

EDIT: And I didn't have to manual install, after a few goes rebooting after I removed the updates, booted, added the updates back and rebooted again, it finally worked.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I did notice, the active streams would put up two identical streams, then one would disappear, then reappear a few seconds later. It did this constantly.

It might be Media Center doing it, so I tried to catch it with "lsof" but never got more than one PID for it. This may be natural, I can definitely live with it, just thought I'd let you know in case it wasn't just Media Center and was a bug of sorts.

One thing I did notice, the active streams would put up two identical streams, then one would disappear, then reappear a few seconds later. It did this constantly.

This is something coming from your media center. It may open the stream a second time briefly. Since the active streams are automatically updated every 2 seconds you may see this happening. Can't really change that. Corrected in the new version: suppression of duplicate streams!

Thats fine, like I said I can live with it. I can open the page and see what is streaming where, doesn't really matter if I see it twice or not. The functionality is there. And like I said, I kinda figured it was Media Center doing it, I didn't notice it happening when it was just a mp3 playing in another player.

Would it be possible to add the ip address to the list of info on the active streams plug-in?

Yes that is possible. I've made an update to the active-streams package. You can download it here

Tip: If your clients are using fixed IP addresses then you can add them to the file "/etc/hosts". Doing so will display the name instead of an IP address.

Great job!  I tried this out at and it works flawlessly.

Don't worry too much about the part to kill the stream. I've actually been modifying the smb.conf file each night at bedtime to restrict the kids from the shares when they should be asleep.  It's a manual approach, but it works.  I'll probably further automate it by creating a cron job to modify the conf file and then restore it at set times every morning and night.

Installed it and works.

One cosmetic issue: On the main page you are totalizing the individual disk info which is good, you are however also totalizing the temperature, my total array is now at 327 degrees :-). Other totals also do not show correctly, I would like to have a 643 Terrabyte array but I have not.

(Temp, Used and Free are wrong, rest looks a-ok)

Installed it and works.

One cosmetic issue: On the main page you are totalizing the individual disk info which is good, you are however also totalizing the temperature, my total array is now at 327 degrees :-). Other totals also do not show correctly, I would like to have a 643 Terrabyte array but I have not.

(Temp, Used and Free are wrong, rest looks a-ok)

Go to the display settings page and click "Apply", this should set the proper number format (you may choose american or european).

I have the following errors over and over on the console... anyone else?

PHP Notice: Undefined index: section in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures/scripts/hardwareStats.php on line 84

PHP Notice: use of undefined constant timeZone - assumed 'timeZone' in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures/scripts/hardwareStats.php on line 14

Just does that over and over.

It is a warning message, you may want to edit the file "hardwareStats.php" yourself and change this line into:

date_default_timezone_set($var['timeZone']);

(note the use of quotes surrounding timeZone)

I suppose in a following version this will be corrected.

Okay even more happiness...  :)

I added the possibility to stop an active stream. Just press the X button at the right side. Remember this is an immediate action no confirmation is asked and you may be left with some "unhappy" family members!

In the process I have also addressed double entries, these are now filtered.

You can download the updated version here

It is a warning message, you may want to edit the file "hardwareStats.php" yourself and change this line into:

date_default_timezone_set($var['timeZone']);

(note the use of quotes surrounding timeZone)

I suppose in a following version this will be corrected.

clicking the hardware stats part so I can see the graphs shoots off a flurry of errors all around time, i'm guessing the same thing... missing the " ' "  I think i'll just ignore it for now ;)

Okay even more happiness...  :)

I added the possibility to stop an active stream. Just press the X button at the right side. Remember this is an immediate action no confirmation is asked and you may be left with some "unhappy" family members!

In the process I have also addressed double entries, these are now filtered.

Great !  This will prevent a lot of manual actions for me and/or unwanted parity checks on bootup :-)

Still on b7, I just received some resync notification emails (two emails, 8 minutes apart), which is odd because it's only setup to resync at the end of the month.  I logged in and there isn't a resync in progress, in fact, all of my discs are spun down.

I just looked at the date the report was generated and it is from a manual resync/parity check I ran on Sunday.  I'm not sure why, but my notifications are being delayed.  I just received my unraid status message from 12:47 AM last night.  I'll look into it on my end first to make sure it's not an smtp problem.

What do we have here... two versions?  ???

It looks that way.  Two versions, same file name.  I just renamed the newer one to avoid confusing myself.

It works as far as I have tested - just used it to kill Twonky Media Server.

@bonienl - very nice feature.  Thanks.  Maybe it needs just a tweak to the filename to avoid a clash with the version that speeding_ant posted yesterday.

Some observations:

- In my case the font for the disk table gets too small (to my liking at least), my preference is to put it back to 100% as before

- The title headers I prefer in bold, again this is personal preference

- I like the new selection box on the health page, the new disk image isn't too bad but the old one was a bit more "artistic"

Hey Bro the new update 1.0b7 the stats on the main page look a bit screwy.

UPDATE- After playing around with the settings I had to change the default number scaling from automatic to TB. Hopefully you could fix that bug. Otherwise a great package keep up the good work.

Some observations:

- In my case the font for the disk table gets too small (to my liking at least), my preference is to put it back to 100% as before

- The title headers I prefer in bold, again this is personal preference

- I like the new selection box on the health page, the new disk image isn't too bad but the old one was a bit more "artistic"

Haven't changed the font size (I think!). Hopefully the non-bold headers will grow on you! I found there was too much bold on the page personally  :)

Figured it was best to make it completely obvious that they were hard drives. Plus it's nice to get a bit of something other than matte/slate greys in there!

Cheers for comments & suggestions everyone.

• Squid locked this topic