"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Installed this today. I was using the old version so I #'d out the line in my go script, created the /boot/extra dir and wget'd all the tzg files into there...

root@Tower:/boot/extra# ls -la
total 716
drwxrwxrwx  2 root root   4096 Apr 19 09:58 ./
drwxrwxrwx 11 root root   4096 Aug 10  2010 ../
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root   1692 Apr 16 03:58 simpleFeatures-v1.0b7-active-streams-addon.tgz*
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root 322425 Apr 16 04:02 simpleFeatures-v1.0b7-base-webGUI.tgz*
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root  10685 Apr 16 03:58 simpleFeatures-v1.0b7-cache-dirs-addon.tgz*
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root   8329 Apr 16 03:59 simpleFeatures-v1.0b7-disk-health-addon.tgz*
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root 348726 Apr 16 04:01 simpleFeatures-v1.0b7-stats-addon.tgz*
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root   6258 Apr 16 04:02 simpleFeatures-v1.0b7-system-info-addon.tgz*
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root root  10310 Apr 13 22:34 simplefeatures_webserver.plg*

Then rebooted. I seem to be getting this error on the unRAID Stats page...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare device_info() (previously declared in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures/DiskStats.php:4) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures/unRAIDStats.php on line 33

And this on the main page...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function day_count() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/ArrayStatus.php on line 53

Any ideas?

Any chance of giving us a config page to map the IP to the name of the PC? I know you can edit the host file which works fine, but for all configuration in one place?

I created a new version which has the possibility to give names to the users (PCs) which have an active session with unRAID.

This new feauture can be found under settings => Network Services => Users

Given names are stored and will be re-used after a reboot.

Also made some corrections and the addition of a "size" field.

Download the new version 1.0b8 here

Nice work! Two notes:

Does the Users settings panel edit the hosts file? I'd suggest perhaps renaming it to "Hosts" and putting it in the Utilities "System Information" pane. "Users" might get confusing. Also, if it does edit the hosts file then perhaps add the ability to specify IP addresses to add/remove as well  :)

One more thing to filter out is the .AppleDB files (should have mentioned those!).

Good efforts as always  :)

Does the Users settings panel edit the hosts file? I'd suggest perhaps renaming it to "Hosts" and putting it in the Utilities "System Information" pane. "Users" might get confusing. Also, if it does edit the hosts file then perhaps add the ability to specify IP addresses to add/remove as well  :)

No the hosts file stays untouched (deliberate choice). Names are stored in "/boot/config/hosts.cfg"

These names are only used for the active streams display. It is for example possible to use the same host name for different IP addresses, something which can't be done in the standard hosts assignment.

One more thing to filter out is the .AppleDB files (should have mentioned those!).

I keep that in mind for the next upgrade.

Also if you want to delete an entry, simply empty the name field and press 'Apply'.

After upgrading, my stats page has gone somewhat of the reservation :-)

My Flash drive is listed as a 782 GB drive where in reality it is a 7,82 (8GB) - Free space for it also registers as 772 GB, where in reality it of course is 7.72 GB

One of my disks is correctly registered as 2TB, but has 180TB of free space (if only that were true, hehe) - this is of course 1.80 TB

Another disk correctly registers both size and free.

When upgrading, I dumped the new files in the /extra directory as I had no installpkg entry in my go script (when on 5b14, am I supposed to have something in the go script?)

Is there any documentation on how to setup the iTunes/Web Servers?

Each iTunes and Web Server plugin has its own forum post. For your convenience, essentially it should be as simple as:

• Removing similar packages from unMenu/other. Eg, PHP package / other Daapd package.

• Install the SimpleFeatures packages.

• Choose the data directory you wish to store your music database/web data from the gui. For iTunes Server, Select a folder with music in it.

• Turn on the service from the gui.

After upgrading, my stats page has gone somewhat of the reservation :-)

My Flash drive is listed as a 782 GB drive where in reality it is a 7,82 (8GB) - Free space for it also registers as 772 GB, where in reality it of course is 7.72 GB

One of my disks is correctly registered as 2TB, but has 180TB of free space (if only that were true, hehe) - this is of course 1.80 TB

Another disk correctly registers both size and free.

When upgrading, I dumped the new files in the /extra directory as I had no installpkg entry in my go script (when on 5b14, am I supposed to have something in the go script?)

See post in the previous page/s from Bonienl. Go into Display Settings panel and click Apply  :)

Each iTunes and Web Server plugin has its own forum post. For your convenience, essentially it should be as simple as:

• Removing similar packages from unMenu/other. Eg, PHP package / other Daapd package.

• Choose the data directory you wish to store your music database/web data from the gui. For iTunes Server, Select a folder with music in it.

That's what I expected but I'm not seeing the GUI for either of them... is it best to install the plg or the tgz?

See post in the previous page/s from Bonienl. Go into Display Settings panel and click Apply  :)

Woohoo - thanks :-)

In the meantime I noticed that unMenu is strange - I can only access the main page- the other sections do not load. And on the main page, the lower part (the summary) doesn't load either. Any one else seeing this?

scratch that, I figured it out (I need both!!!)

Thanks for the help.

In the meantime I noticed that unMenu is strange - I can only access the main page- the other sections do not load. And on the main page, the lower part (the summary) doesn't load either. Any one else seeing this?

Nothing we've done to kill unMenu  :)  We're not that evil!!!

Mainly because unMenu rocks  8)

Haven't changed the font size (I think!). Hopefully the non-bold headers will grow on you! I found there was too much bold on the page personally  :)

There is the following in the CSS file. I removed the 95% line to get the font size back to 'normal'

table.disk_status {

border-collapse: collapse;

font-size: 95%;

font-family: Arial, sans-serif;

}

I guess I have to live in not such a bold world :)

As a "compromise" I changed the title into small caps, looks quite dandy.

#title span.left {

font-size: 15px;

font-variant: small-caps;

padding-left: 10px;

float: left;

text-shadow: 0 1px 1px #FFFFFF;

}

Nothing we've done to kill unMenu  :)  We're not that evil!!!

Mainly because unMenu rocks  8)

probably because he is accessing via IP address, and does not have an entry for //tower in his hosts files, and is using a MAC.

Solutions are simple.  Described in the wiki and elsewhere.  Either add hosts file entry, or change to use a PC instead of a MAC,  or add the two entries needed in unmenu.conf

I expect that unMENU will some day be obsolete... once all are off of the 4.X series of unRAID, and once equivalent plugins are made available under the 5.X series.  I'll be both sad, and happy.

In the interim, it does make it easy to manage and extend our servers.  (and provided an easy set of .conf files to use for a base of the equivalent 5.0 plugins you've developed thus far)

Joe L.

hello, i've installed it and having one issue...

the simpleFeatures-v1.0b7-email-notify-addon config seems weird... when just installed all configurations appears, but now.. can't set some config

check the screenshot

emailh.jpg

i tried remove the file from flash... restart, then copy again and another restart... to see if it flush the configuration, but nothing happens

Hey guys

hope somebody can point me in the right direction

i am trying to get SimpleFeatures to assist me in putting my Unraid box to an S3 sleep after 20 minutes of inactivity.

drives have been set to spindown after 15min, and the following settings have been set under the SimpleManament options

(usign SimpleFeatures 1.0b7 on Unraid 5.0-beta14)

S3 sleep function enabled

waot for array inactivity  : yes

extra delay : 5

interval of network /device inactivity  5

Ethernet interface : eth0

wait for network inactivity  : no

rest of the settings was left on default ( except for forcing gigabit speed on wake-up), and set WOl settings= g

Syslog :

http://pastebin.com/VkjV2zdY

The three drives did spin down after 15minutes ( parity + 2 active), so i am not sure what else is blocking :(

Thx for assisting

Neo_x

• Squid locked this topic