"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Possible cosmetic error:

Just added a disk into the array (precleared), disk was added and showed a "green ball" in the main menu, status was however shown as "unformatted".  Based on the color legend I guess the color would need to be blue ?

System has been running all day without any issues, all operational !

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance to get some unmenu like system log highlighting?  But with a twist:  for those "errors" that are not actual errors, have an updatable list of known innocuous errors codes.  Might need either wildcards to effectively capture all exceptions, or even regex.

I think that is really the last feature I care about from unmenu that keeps me using it.

I got this error on UR-RC1 / SF-RC1 in the active streams page:

Warning: parse_ini_file(/boot/config/hosts.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures/scripts/NamesList.php on line 37

Small bug, add a user to the list of IP addresses in the "User Names" section of Active Streams. That will remove the error.

Any chance to get some unmenu like system log highlighting?  But with a twist:  for those "errors" that are not actual errors, have an updatable list of known innocuous errors codes.  Might need either wildcards to effectively capture all exceptions, or even regex.

I think that is really the last feature I care about from unmenu that keeps me using it.

Just an FYI.

unMENU does use regex expressions.  The patterns matched are in

syslog_match.conf

and

syslog_user_match.conf

The second file will not exist unless you create it.  It has the same format as syslog_match.conf.

You can append and update your own unmenu/syslog_match.conf file or add new expressions to make them more approriate to your own motherboard and hardware.

The set of expressions RobJ originally defined have done remarkably well over several generations of hardware.  If someone with more modern hardware wants to contribute additional expressions to match, it will surely help.

The EXACT SAME syslog_match.conf file can be used by simpleFeatures or any other syslog viewing plugin.  (It would be a great starting point)

speeding_ant: sweet thanks

Joe_L: great info.

speeding_ant again: ... ok next "issue" it seems like cache_dirs is not starting.  I never noticed until I remove it from my go script.

so I i went to the settings page for folder caching, disabled, and enabled it and boom it shows up in my proc list.  but it shows up weird like this:

/bin/bash /usr/local/sbin/cache_dirs -w -B -m1 -M10 -d9999 -e*My_Music*

notice that the switches don't have spaces ... shouldn't they have spaces like this?

/bin/bash /usr/local/sbin/cache_dirs -w -B -m 1 -M 10 -d 9999 -e *My_Music*

am I missing something?

might have found the problem.  so I changed all settings in the folder cache page, applied, then changed them back, applied, rebooted, and 1) cache_dirs is now in my proc list and 2) it looks "right"

not sure when or where it went wrong though.  I have a backup of the flash drive so I'll go back later tonight and see if I can compare the .cfg files between then and now.

might have found the problem.  so I changed all settings in the folder cache page, applied, then changed them back, applied, rebooted, and 1) cache_dirs is now in my proc list and 2) it looks "right"

not sure when or where it went wrong though.  I have a backup of the flash drive so I'll go back later tonight and see if I can compare the .cfg files between then and now.

Cheers for looking into that - will await your prognosis!

I noticed in your plugin you are not stopping the cache_dirs prior to the array un-mounting disks.  Could be you are then attempting to start a second, or get it confused with the "lock" file it creates.    You should use the -B option and invoke the rc.whatever stop

in the un-mount event handler.

I got this error on UR-RC1 / SF-RC1 in the active streams page:

Warning: parse_ini_file(/boot/config/hosts.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures/scripts/NamesList.php on line 37

Small bug, add a user to the list of IP addresses in the "User Names" section of Active Streams. That will remove the error.

I corrected this in the next version (warning may occur both in NamesList.php and UsersList.php). Though the script is working fine when the file "hosts.cfg" does not exist.

In a next version I have added a status indicator showing the current state of the process. This will give a visual feedback.

Ps. The same is done for s3_sleep and the parity scheduler.

I noticed in your plugin you are not stopping the cache_dirs prior to the array un-mounting disks.  Could be you are then attempting to start a second, or get it confused with the "lock" file it creates.    You should use the -B option and invoke the rc.whatever stop

in the un-mount event handler.

Can you further elaborate?

Thanks.

Would it be possible to add a feature to the sleep feature?

I need to restart Sickbeard after resuming from sleep. It tries to connect to the net before the NIC is re-established. It thinks it is offline and then just keeps generating connection errors. In the past I had this added to my post_sleep_activity section:

#Restart sickbeard
sleep 60
echo Restarting SickBeard
wget -q --delete-after http://192.168.0.100:8181/api/my_api_#/?cmd=sb.restart
sleep 5

Would it be possible to add in the sleep settings custom commands to run after resuming from sleep and maybe one also for before going to sleep?

This addon (or whatever we want to call it) is the single greatest thing that has happened to unRAID. Been using it for about half a year now, and every time it updates I get more and more impressed.

This really is how the default unRAID should of been. So many settings that should be on the default UI.

One more feature request for the active streams add-on (when time permits of course).  Can you add a third tab that shows the history of streams?  It would be nice if the info on the active streams tab could be added to a log file and displayed with a time stamp on a new "history" tab.  Paginate the history with 20 results per page (or something similar) and add a "clear history" option to allow us to delete the logs.  To ensure the logs don't get filled up because people are unaware or don't check often enough, this could be tied in with the notification script.

First, I'll admit I haven't read all 62 pages in this thread...phew! So, this may have already been touched on, not sure. I really like the plugin, great stuff! I like the Stats page and the graphs, but I wanted to ask about how the memory usage is represented. Currently it appears that it shows memory usage "used" and "free" as it is shown in the Top command for "used"and "free". If my assertion is true, then that isn't really an accurate representation and would lead people to believe that they may be having a memory leak because over time the graph may show that all the memory is used. That's what I started seeing and I only have 1 GB RAM, so I was concerned. But after running the command "free -m", which subtracts the buffers and adds in the cache I then could see that only about 6% of my memory was being used because the majority of it is being reserved for disk caching, but of course is still free for applications to use. So, my question is, would it make sense to have the graph represent what "free -m" shows as this would be more in line with what is really "used" and "free".

Thanx,

• Squid locked this topic