"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say DNS server in the poll, does that include a DHCP component ?

No, I'm a firm believer of DHCP being pushed via router :)

I agree.  This is something that SimpleFeatures should not really do.  It is best best done at the router level.

There is, however emhttp is proprietary to LimeTech. Changing the standard port is not something that I would implement with SimpleFeatures.

you can change the standard port used by emhttp by changing the line in the config/go file that invokes it from

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

to

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp -p 12345 &

where 12345 = the port you wish emhttp to use.  Realize though, if you change it, you'll need to access the server via //tower:12345

as it will no longer be on the default port 80 expected by your web-browser.

Oh yes, do not pick a port used by another service, otherwise, neither will work properly.

New Package (activity monitor) and a small update for email notifications. Replacement for email notifications coming, and another useful package coming soon!

Change Log:

1.0rc3:

New Package! Activity monitor: takes queues from Mac OS X activity monitor. Realtime monitoring of processes, with sorting & filtering. Kill processes with ease!

email-notify: Fixed bug with commander

Hi, I've installed the activity monitor and it is working great. Just a small problem when using Chrome to view the page - the layout is not correct, it seems OK with IE9 though. Please see attached screen dump.

activity.jpg.a4561d4f00f8638c67d6ccc95159fab2.jpg

New Package (activity monitor) and a small update for email notifications. Replacement for email notifications coming, and another useful package coming soon!

Change Log:

1.0rc3:

New Package! Activity monitor: takes queues from Mac OS X activity monitor. Realtime monitoring of processes, with sorting & filtering. Kill processes with ease!

email-notify: Fixed bug with commander

Hi, I've installed the activity monitor and it is working great. Just a small problem when using Chrome to view the page - the layout is not correct, it seems OK with IE9 though. Please see attached screen dump.

Cheers! Will fix that on next release.

One thing which would be nice to see and I have seen alot ask for it here and there but a .....

term session via your web browser - what comes in perfect as it is used in FreePBX/Asterisk is mindterm - java ssh/telnet app in a browser window - limited version - non commercial is free, they do supply a free compiled app - it is easily called from a web page.  All that is needed for a plugin in some basic config vars - like port, ssh or telnet mode etc.  Login/pass can be defined in the var sections if your environment is secure - otherwise the java app will ask for login/pass.

Granted this should not be open to the wild internet as you would be asking for trouble.  I PPTP into my router from my win7 laptop and it then gets a local lan ip, something like this would make it nice to be able to ssh/telnet into the unRAID server and do maint if needed (ex - like at my parents house etc :)  )......

I would attempt to write it (I know i can do it in regular php) but I am still kinda confused on how the plugins work/link into the webUI.....

<APPLET CODE="com.mindbright.application.MindTerm.class"
          ARCHIVE="/admin/modules/javassh/mindterm.jar" WIDTH=0 HEIGHT=0>
    <PARAM NAME="cabinets" VALUE="/admin/modules/javassh/mindterm.cab">
    <PARAM NAME="sepframe" value="true">
    <PARAM NAME="debug" value="false">
    <PARAM NAME="bg-color" value="black">
    <PARAM NAME="fg-color" value="white">
    <PARAM NAME="cursor-color" value="white">
    <PARAM NAME="menus" value="popN">
    <PARAM NAME="exit-on-logout" value="true">
    <PARAM NAME="allow-new-server" value="false">
</APPLET>

is all it takes to call the applet.....

I am going to attempt - does anyone have a blank template that I cant start with?

Thanks

Myk

Tonight I installed the Simple Features plugin to my recent build of unRaid.  Very nice plugin and thank you for all your work.  I am very much a noob to unRaid and the unRaid community has been a great help.  This is a very nice GUI.  A couple of items:

I am using an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe an three 1TB drives with 5.0 beta 14. I had difficulty with the wake on lan feature in that I could not get it to wake up.  I finally am able to put it to sleep via the GUI and wake the server using the Depicus bat file, but I must use the MAC address, IP and subnet, otherwise it will not wake.  However, if the system goes to sleep via the Simple Features Sleep Mode, it will not wake up no matter what I do.  Any ideas?

Also, when I set up the mail notification, the messages are sent to the address sued in the SMTP setup section, not the address in the "Recepients" area.  Could I have done something to mis-direct the mail?

Again, thanks for all the work.

::)  That could be true! I'll look into it, depends on how easy it is to implement.

Cool.  No rush, if it happens great.  If not, I'll buy a new router :)

Here's some work that's been done already on setting up dnsmasq on unraid

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=17392.msg157010#msg157010

Is somebody able to provide a compiled version of the latest 2.61 release (.tgz file)?

The release offered here is from 2008 and meanwhile several corrections and additions have been made to dnsmasq.

I have it running in my setup (older version) and looking into the creation of a GUI front-end, if such a desire exists.

Tonight I installed the Simple Features plugin to my recent build of unRaid.  Very nice plugin and thank you for all your work.  I am very much a noob to unRaid and the unRaid community has been a great help.  This is a very nice GUI.  A couple of items:

I am using an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe an three 1TB drives with 5.0 beta 14. I had difficulty with the wake on lan feature in that I could not get it to wake up.  I finally am able to put it to sleep via the GUI and wake the server using the Depicus bat file, but I must use the MAC address, IP and subnet, otherwise it will not wake.  However, if the system goes to sleep via the Simple Features Sleep Mode, it will not wake up no matter what I do.  Any ideas?

Also, when I set up the mail notification, the messages are sent to the address sued in the SMTP setup section, not the address in the "Recepients" area.  Could I have done something to mis-direct the mail?

Again, thanks for all the work.

The support of wake-on-lan is hardware related. SF makes use of the available OS command to put the system into sleep mode.

Usually pressing the power button on your system should make it awake again (this might be a BIOS setting, so check).

Another way of awakening is to send a WOL packet from another PC (in the same network). If you have a windows machine you may want to try WakeMeOnLan. This software does not require installation, just download and run. It will scan your network for other devices and gives the ability to wake them up (make sure your devices are first all awake when you perform the scan though).

Is somebody able to provide a compiled version of the latest 2.61 release (.tgz file)?

The release offered here is from 2008 and meanwhile several corrections and additions have been made to dnsmasq.

I have it running in my setup (older version) and looking into the creation of a GUI front-end, if such a desire exists.

Can't supply you the latest.  Unix really isn't my thing at all.

I'm definitely interested in a front end for it if you create one.  Put me down as a beta tester if you want.

Email notify will not install, I get the following error message (I have tried re-download and re-install):

installpkg simpleFeatures-v1.0rc3-email-notify-addon.tgz

Verifying package simpleFeatures-v1.0rc3-email-notify-addon.tgz.

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file

Unable to install simpleFeatures-v1.0rc3-email-notify-addon.tgz:  tar archive is corrupt (tar returned error code 2)

root@Tower:/boot/extra# installpkg simpleFeatures-v1.0rc3-email-notify-addon.tgz

Verifying package simpleFeatures-v1.0rc3-email-notify-addon.tgz.

Installing package simpleFeatures-v1.0rc3-email-notify-addon.tgz:

PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:

Executing install script for simpleFeatures-v1.0rc3-email-notify-addon.tgz.

rm: cannot remove `/usr/bin/sendmail': No such file or directory

rm: cannot remove `/usr/sbin/sendmail': No such file or directory

Package simpleFeatures-v1.0rc3-email-notify-addon.tgz installed.

Would it be possible to show processes that are keeping the array from being stopped? Maybe automatically kill them/show them with a kill button?

Love what you have done so far! Only just updated from the very first release to rc3, its great to see how far this has come!

Usually pressing the power button on your system should make it awake again (this might be a BIOS setting, so check).

Another way of awakening is to send a WOL packet from another PC (in the same network). If you have a windows machine you may want to try WakeMeOnLan. This software does not require installation, just download and run. It will scan your network for other devices and gives the ability to wake them up (make sure your devices are first all awake when you perform the scan though).

Before turning in last night, I set the system to sleep with the addition of the 'DHCP renewal after wakeup' and that seems to have done it.  It woke up immediately upon command from within the network.

I'm still trying to track down the e-mail notification issues.  Thanks for the help.

I have found out that by fixing the ip address via router using mac address - causes the server to quit reporting its ip to the network, hence tower is no longer found and my browser eventually goes out on the net to tower.com

So I forced the ip in the network configs (I like having my router in control of this stuff) so if I need to change something I have to do it in unraid vs router ip mappings - all my other devices work fine via router ip mapping, just unRAID does not :(

Myk

• Squid locked this topic