"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Simply use staticly assigned DHCP settings on your router (based on the clients' MAC Address). That way the systems always get the same IP addresses and you have nothing hard-coded, other than settings on your DHCP serving router.

As for the reporting of the IP address on the network, do you have Master Browser set for unRAID ?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my server running nicely on 5.0RC2. No problems at all. Today I installed the latest Simplefeatures and now I have the problem that my system log gets constantly refreshed. When I view the system log the screen flashes an scrolling down the syslog isn't possible because because I get reverted back to the top every few seconds.

This now also happens after I deleted Simplefeatures and rebooted.

What has Simplefeatures changed in my current install and how can I fix it?

I had my server running nicely on 5.0RC2. No problems at all. Today I installed the latest Simplefeatures and now I have the problem that my system log gets constantly refreshed. When I view the system log the screen flashes an scrolling down the syslog isn't possible because because I get reverted back to the top every few seconds.

Are you using the "apcupsd" plugin?

If yes, go back a couple of posts and read how to solve it.

local master in SMB settings - yes it is set

Myk

Simply use staticly assigned DHCP settings on your router (based on the clients' MAC Address). That way the systems always get the same IP addresses and you have nothing hard-coded, other than settings on your DHCP serving router.

As for the reporting of the IP address on the network, do you have Master Browser set for unRAID ?

Are you using the "apcupsd" plugin?

If yes, go back a couple of posts and read how to solve it.

Yes, I'm using apcupsd. I went back 3 pages but haven't found the solution, can you point me to it?

It's a bit strange that installing simplefeatures triggers this to happen. What is causing it?

Yes, I'm using apcupsd. I went back 3 pages but haven't found the solution, can you point me to it?

It's a bit strange that installing simplefeatures triggers this to happen. What is causing it?

To be clear there is nothing in simpleFeatures that would trigger this behaviour. The same thing would happen without SF installed.

The solution is to use the apcupsd version that comes with unmenu.

Just strange that before installing Simplefeatures everything was fine.

How did you install simpleFeatures? With or without rebooting your system?

Besides the webGUI did you install or replace other simpleFeatures add-ons?

It could well be that your installation actions triggered the behaviour, it just happened to be SF...

Just strange that before installing Simplefeatures everything was fine.

How did you install simpleFeatures? With or without rebooting your system?

Besides the webGUI did you install or replace other simpleFeatures add-ons?

It could well be that your installation actions triggered the behaviour, it just happened to be SF...

I put the WebGUI and all add-ons in the extra-folder on my flash and then rebooted.

Yes I understand. Is it some bug in the plugin installation mechanism? Was it introduced in one of the 5.0RCs?

I am not using the apcupsd plugin myself, perhaps somebody else can tell more details.

I can imagine though that upon reboot the apcupsd plugin fetches some files and overwrites existing 'system' files causing the issue.

There is no real protection (at the moment) against plugins overwriting files with possible older versions. A point of attention!

Likely an ajaxplorer type of affair, but nicer to use & a flexible html5/flash failover video/audio player. Ideally able to create/remove/upload folders & files.

That would be awesome, especially if it was possible to mount none array drives from within simple features too :)

What about a plugin that allows you to "tell" the array to take actions on moving data, i can imagine:

- A command that would force the array to empty a drive (move all files on a physical drives to other array drives that are assigned to the same user shares and consequently remove the drive out user-share configurations, possibly giving an error message stating certain files cannot be moved (possibly due to the fact that no other array drives are assigned to be allowed to receive data from the shares on the drive that is requested to be emptied))

- A command that allows data in a user share to be evenly distrbuted over the drives assigned to the user-share

- A command that redistributes data after you have changed drive assignments within a user-share (disabling a drive in a share now causes no new data to be moved there but remaining data will remain untill manually moved)

All actions that are not much more then some creative sorting and moving on linux level, but with a nice shell around..

What about a plugin that allows you to "tell" the array to take actions on moving data, i can imagine:

- A command that would force the array to empty a drive (move all files on a physical drives to other array drives that are assigned to the same user shares and consequently remove the drive out user-share configurations, possibly giving an error message stating certain files cannot be moved (possibly due to the fact that no other array drives are assigned to be allowed to receive data from the shares on the drive that is requested to be emptied))

- A command that allows data in a user share to be evenly distrbuted over the drives assigned to the user-share

- A command that redistributes data after you have changed drive assignments within a user-share (disabling a drive in a share now causes no new data to be moved there but remaining data will remain untill manually moved)

All actions that are not much more then some creative sorting and moving on linux level, but with a nice shell around..

This would be great and I've been giving thought to the balancing part of this recently.

The easy way would be to identify unbalanced drives and then move a chunk of data onto the cache drive. Then let unraid spit it back down to the user shares based on your existing rules later on. Presuming the rules are sane it should distribute data a bit more evenly.

But yes, all those things would be great.

Agreed 100%. I've thought about the workflow but at the point of coding / testing...it comes down to am I letting it near my data? no thanks :)

(this may just be an indicator of how much I trust my own code..)

• Squid locked this topic