"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting the following log entries in the php_errors.log in the Web Server application.

[25-May-2012 11:00:22 UTC] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant total - assumed 'total' in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/ShareList.php on line 46

[25-May-2012 11:01:05 UTC] PHP Warning: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/simpleFeatures/scripts/hardwareStats.php on line 47

I'm not sure they mean much, but there are quite a few and the error log is getting large.

I'm not using unraid at the moment but I'll find unraid a interesting storage solution. Now i've found this plug-in So I have to comment on this GUI enhancement.

@speeding_ant I think what you are doing is really cool you are pushing unraid to a next level. I really like your replacement GUI. it looks very clean and professional. Are you continue to work on it? Are you a proffesional developer?  I think i have to setup a test machine and maybe start using unraid again. Looking forward to a update.

I have been using SimpleFeatures for a few weeks now and it is a welcome change to the standard GUI. unRAID now not only behaves like a professional product it also looks like a professional product. Perhaps Limetech should employ the developers to enhance the standard GUI so that anyone purchasing unRAID are presented with a professional looking product.

I have been using SimpleFeatures for a few weeks now and it is a welcome change to the standard GUI. unRAID now not only behaves like a professional product it also looks like a professional product. Perhaps Limetech should employ the developers to enhance the standard GUI so that anyone purchasing unRAID are presented with a professional looking product.

i have been thinking about that exact point for a while now and i would like to say something which i hope is not taken wrong...

is functionality less important than a nice looking gui.. ?

cause functionally unraid is pretty solid and does what it says on the box and is pretty unique and is'nt that all that counts ?

please note i have also stated how stunning  simplefeatures is but will unraid function any different without it ?

please NOTE that all the above is questions and not statements.. before i offend someone.

i have been thinking about that exact point for a while now and i would like to say something which i hope is not taken wrong...

cause functionally unraid is pretty solid and does what it says on the box and is pretty unique and is'nt that all that counts ?

please note i have also stated how stunning  simplefeatures is but will unraid function any different without it ?

please NOTE that all the above is questions and not statements.. before i offend someone.

I agree that that unRAID is a solid product, however when a new user first uses unRAID the GUI is not as professional as the SimpleFeatures GUI and first impressions can make a big difference. The fact that so many users install SimpleFeatures indicates that the standard GUI is not ideal. Why can't we have a solid unRAID and a nice GUI as standard? Speeding_Ant has already said that there's going to be a lull in development and that it's done in their spare time, so why doesn't Limetech make it worth their while?

My two cents on this:

This is dependent on what people you target a product at. There is a consignment of people that are very technically inclined and only look at functionality. This however is a relatively small set of the possible amount of people using similar products.

Looks and feel are important to a lot of people and, as long as you are not able to fully comprehend the amount of technical stability and innovation, is also a pointer to the quality level of the insides of the system. In other words: If you are not able to distinguish technical awsomness, then you will view the outside of the system as an indicator for the technical quality ..

So... If you want to target a broad amount of people then looks and feel are important..

Btw.. "Simplefeatures" is not only looks and feel.. It is a wide range of new possibilities and options wrapped in a slick looking package..

Where did the duplicate file utility go? I want to scan my system, but don't see it in any of the menus. I noticed some duplicate file errors in my syslog and want to take care of that.

Also, is it possible to have the native unraid menu system up and running along side SF?

Where did the duplicate file utility go? I want to scan my system, but don't see it in any of the menus. I noticed some duplicate file errors in my syslog and want to take care of that.

Also, is it possible to have the native unraid menu system up and running along side SF?

That is part of UnMenu but not of simplefeatures as far as I know.... It would be pretty usefull to have it though.. Scanning takes some time so a nice idea would also be to have a nightly job that does the scan and deliveres the info for the web frontend to read... And then ofcourse with some nice added buttons to recheck the found duplicates (are they still duplicate) and an option to delete one of the files... Sounds like SimpleFeatures again :-)

I am having issues with the post sleep command. It doesn't seem to always run as it should. Latley it seems more like it never runs. How can I trace what is happening?

#Restart sickbeard
sleep 60
logger Restarting SickBeard
wget -q --delete-after http://192.168.0.100:8181/api/api#/?cmd=sb.restart
sleep 5

I put the "logger" line in to hopefully write to the system log to see if this process is even happening. I do not see it listed in the log after resuming from S3. I have checked in /usr/local/bin and I see the postRun file. It contains the proper code. I also see in the go file:

/usr/local/sbin/s3_sleep -a -m10 -t5 -eeth0 -h03 -p /usr/local/bin/postRun

So I know it is pointed to the correct file.

I am having issues with the post sleep command. It doesn't seem to always run as it should. Latley it seems more like it never runs. How can I trace what is happening?

#Restart sickbeard
sleep 60
sleep 5

I put the "logger" line in to hopefully write to the system log to see if this process is even happening. I do not see it listed in the log after resuming from S3. I have checked in /usr/local/bin and I see the postRun file. It contains the proper code. I also see in the go file:

I just woke unRaid and noticed it worked this time and the item was in the log as expected. It still seems random when it decides to work. Two times today it did not appear to work.

#Restart sickbeard
sleep 60
sleep 5

I just woke unRaid and noticed it worked this time and the item was in the log as expected. It still seems random when it decides to work. Two times today it did not appear to work.

Could it be something in Sickbeard itself, preventing it from running?

The script itself is unconditional, it should always run after a wake-up.

does the Stats > unRaid Stats take into account multi core cpu?

In the background the program 'sar' is used to collect system information. It takes the average of CPU utilization. The result is one number taken over all available cores.

Could it be something in Sickbeard itself, preventing it from running?

The script itself is unconditional, it should always run after a wake-up.

I don't know how. The script should run regardless. I should at least see the logging entry in the System log, whether the command works or not.

I will keep an eye on it to see if I can notice a pattern.

Hi,

I noticed something a little strange with the unRAID Stats, when the view is left open to auto-update.  It's probably easier to just look at the following screen shots, that explain in words:

The 1st screen shot was taken after the browser was left open on the unRaid Stats page for a few hours while running a pre-clear.

At this point, all I did was refresh the view, which took me back to the Disk Stats page, and then selected unRaid Stats.  This gave me the 2nd screen shot.  Notice the difference in colouring and the height of the graphs.

This is using simpleFeatures-v1.0rc2-stats-addon.tgz in Firefox 12.0 on a 5.0-rc3 system.

Cheers.

Simple1.jpg.114fa673d0f146c1cf971f9e5c75ebe8.jpg

Simple2.jpg.425e11488b7372b91fe1f8e5dcade8c4.jpg

Hi,

I noticed something a little strange with the unRAID Stats, when the view is left open to auto-update.  It's probably easier to just look at the following screen shots, that explain in words:

The 1st screen shot was taken after the browser was left open on the unRaid Stats page for a few hours while running a pre-clear.

At this point, all I did was refresh the view, which took me back to the Disk Stats page, and then selected unRaid Stats.  This gave me the 2nd screen shot.  Notice the difference in colouring and the height of the graphs.

This is using simpleFeatures-v1.0rc2-stats-addon.tgz in Firefox 12.0 on a 5.0-rc3 system.

Cheers.

Cheers for the report. This is actually normal, the real-time results are not fed back to the database as they run every 2 seconds. The background data collection runs every 2 minutes. This is why you got such a discrepancy between the graphs.

I dont know is this has been discussed before, but I tried simple features on my RC3 system and noticed my disks never were spin down, I removed it from /boot/extras and now they spin down as expected. I was using all the plugins but the email notification and the sleep one.  Has anyone noticed the same thing? Is it secondary to a specific plugin ? Notify? cache_dirs?

Thanks

EzBox

Thank you for your work speeding_ant.

I noticed a little cosmetic bug. The home screen displays "... array of protected disks" but I don't have any parity drive. My array is then not protected. Not sure though if it's specific to SimpleFeatures.

I am getting ready to go to 5.0 RC3 from 4.7.  I am intrigued by what I am reading re SimpleFeatures (SF). Looks like a nice solid piece of work.

I am currently an unMenu user and have several scripts I wrote myself that I use. It appears that SF will replace what I was doing with my own scripts.  Can I run unMenu and SF at the same time, or is that ill advised.  At my current SF knowledge state it looks like I should not need unMenu

Is there a way to send SimpleFeatures or unRaid a request to go to sleep over TCPIP? In my situation I would like to be able to put the unRaid system to sleep when I am done using it for my theater, or done with it in general for the day.  My theater control system knows to spin up and down disks when it is playing a movie or  finished and is itself going to sleep.

Can some one point me to instructions for setting up a proper GO script for SF or is it in the download.

Thanks in Advance.

• Squid locked this topic