"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

You don't need to edit the GO file for SF, simply put the SF archives in your /boot/extras/ folder (flash drive), and restart your server, SF will be installed automatically.

You can also run unmenu and SF together, I do and have no problems.

About the sleep over TCPIP, not sure about that

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting ready to go to 5.0 RC3 from 4.7.  I am intrigued by what I am reading re SimpleFeatures (SF). Looks like a nice solid piece of work.

I am currently an unMenu user and have several scripts I wrote myself that I use. It appears that SF will replace what I was doing with my own scripts.  Can I run unMenu and SF at the same time, or is that ill advised.  At my current SF knowledge state it looks like I should not need unMenu

Is there a way to send SimpleFeatures or unRaid a request to go to sleep over TCPIP? In my situation I would like to be able to put the unRaid system to sleep when I am done using it for my theater, or done with it in general for the day.  My theater control system knows to spin up and down disks when it is playing a movie or  finished and is itself going to sleep.

Can some one point me to instructions for setting up a proper GO script for SF or is it in the download.

Thanks in Advance.

Best to just choose the settings appropriate for you with the S3 sleep script in SimpleFeatures. You can tell unRAID to sleep as soon as there is no network activity from certain IP addresses, and when all the drives are spun down.

First, great work on SimpleFeatures...hope to see the development continue and look forward to the plugin manager ;) Hopefully it will be similar  to Synology's "Package Center"

Question...when using the email notification...is there any way to not have the script send your email password to the syslog?  Just started using this so I probably overlooked a configuration variable.

Line 178: 2012-06-05 02:34:17 info 192.168.1.108 mail sSMTP Set AuthPass="Hi"

First, great work on SimpleFeatures...hope to see the development continue and look forward to the plugin manager ;) Hopefully it will be similar  to Synology's "Package Center"

Question...when using the email notification...is there any way to not have the script send your email password to the syslog?  Just started using this so I probably overlooked a configuration variable.

disable "debug mode" once you have things working.

disable "debug mode" once you have things working.

Oh yeah, and that! Ha, thanks Joe  ;)

Getting some good progress on the log viewer...  Working on a way to clear/save a log. Logs update in real time, and I'll be scanning and showing errors. Will also have a way to filter the log entries as well.

Any suggestions/comments so far?

Looking great! If you are going to be scanning and filtering out errors do you have a plan for how these will be displayed? It would be good if any "bad" lines were highlighted in red and any "warning/unknown" lines highlighted in yellow (or similar). You would probably also need to work out a way to keep any errors from becoming buried in the history - perhaps have the highlighted lines written to a seperate log file that could be accessible even after a serious crash. One of the biggest issues I find with the default logging in unRAID is that by the time you realise you need a syslog it's too late :(

Getting some good progress on the log viewer...  Working on a way to clear/save a log. Logs update in real time, and I'll be scanning and showing errors. Will also have a way to filter the log entries as well.

Nice work.  I've attached two screenshots of Synology's syslog server/client for reference.  Looks similar! :-)

Maybe have a configurable email notification based on the event level?

Filtering based on event level and category would cover the request by chickensoup to have a separate log for errors.

Thanks Joe and Speeding_Ant for the tip on the email config...thought I remember seeing that question when it was a script..

ScreenHunter_137_Jun._06_09_09.jpg.d03b53d608307be23b065d5f20150113.jpg

ScreenHunter_137_Jun._06_09_07.jpg.8978247ac4f336791755ee072ed7019a.jpg

Filtering based on event level and category would cover the request by chickensoup to have a separate log for errors.

+1 if it also emails you an attached copy of /var/log/syslog (amended with the current date & time would also be useful if you get multiple logs sent)

Nice work.  I've attached two screenshots of Synology's syslog server/client for reference.  Looks similar! :-)

Thanks Joe and Speeding_Ant for the tip on the email config...thought I remember seeing that question when it was a script..

For the meantime it will be just a log viewer. Eventually once the email notifications script gets re-written, we can start integrating it with logging and so on. I alone won't be able to code such a log viewer like Synology's, considering they have professional paid developers to do that sort of work. It's also possible for them as they custom built a lot of the plugins, therefore have much more control over how the logs display. We don't have the luxury here, anything goes with logs!!

I'll do my best though  ;)  Might be able to work out a solution to provide an "All Logs" log, with the ability to show just errors.

Looking great! If you are going to be scanning and filtering out errors do you have a plan for how these will be displayed? It would be good if any "bad" lines were highlighted in red and any "warning/unknown" lines highlighted in yellow (or similar). You would probably also need to work out a way to keep any errors from becoming buried in the history - perhaps have the highlighted lines written to a seperate log file that could be accessible even after a serious crash. One of the biggest issues I find with the default logging in unRAID is that by the time you realise you need a syslog it's too late :(

It will be word filtering, along with checkbox filters for warning & errors. These will show as yellow/red highlights. May be able to work out a solution for doing this with all logs combined.

Idea...I saw a server interface that had a "command line in a box"  Basically, rather than logging into a telnet session, you could select from a list of linux commands from within the web page/tab and run the commands you wish. It had a list of available commands/scripts that could be run on the left hand side, with a text box available to run the commands.  Thought it would be kinda cool for new users.

• Squid locked this topic