"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

After installation of Simplefeatures with only the S3-addon every hour this line appears in my syslog:

Jun 7 12:49:01 Tower crond[1204]: failed parsing crontab for user root: cron=""

at 12:49, 13:49, 14:49 ongoing.

Can this be turned off?

+1

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

in the Stats package, could you edit the crontab script, end of doinst.sh so it does not log into the syslog file every 2 minute ?

the other entries in my crontab have a > /dev/null added ... think that will do the trick .. no ?

Logfile below.

Br tsatsa

Mar  8 11:26:01 Tower kernel: crond[17739]: segfault at b785e51c ip b785e51c sp bff49f94 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b785e000+1000]

Mar  8 11:28:01 Tower crond[1099]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1

Mar  8 11:28:01 Tower kernel: crond[18031]: segfault at b785e51c ip b785e51c sp bff49f94 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b785e000+1000]

Mar  8 11:30:01 Tower crond[1099]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1

Mar  8 11:30:01 Tower kernel: crond[18339]: segfault at b785e51c ip b785e51c sp bff49f94 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b785e000+1000]

Mar  8 11:32:01 Tower crond[1099]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1

Mar  8 11:32:01 Tower kernel: crond[18635]: segfault at b785e51c ip b785e51c sp bff49f94 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b785e000+1000]

Is this just logging? I see that the reply to this said that this logging would be off once it's out of beta... but when the kernel reports a segfault in crond, this isn't logging. I have this same issue since upgrading to unraid 5.0-RC4.

This sounds more like a bug to me.

Thoughts?

whiteatom

One question regarding the Cache Disk and Mover Settings:

I am using the S3 Script to shutdown my Server when not needed.

Today i added a cache disk to my server and this leads me to some questions.

The Mover will run in the default setting at 3:40 at night, what if the server sleeps, will it be woken up to do that task?

Or will the S3 Script call the Mover everytime before it shuts down the server to move the files to the array?

After installation of Simplefeatures with only the S3-addon every hour this line appears in my syslog:

Can this be turned off?

+2

Also, my server won't go to sleep automatically using the addon  in Simple Features (i've disabled 'wait for network inactivity'), so once the drives spin down it should go to sleep but doesn't.

I can force it to go to sleep and it does so quite happily, it'll wake with a magic packet also.

Anyone else have this problem ?

Thanks

Can this be turned off?

I'm thinking this may actually be related to the base Simple Features. Looking in crontab reveals these entries:

# Scheduled Parity Check
cron=""

This is with the scheduled Parity Check disabled in Simple Features. As soon as I make a scheduled check this line changes to something like:

# Scheduled Parity Check
0 2 1 * * /root/mdcmd check NOCORRECT 1>/dev/null 2>&1

Can this be turned off?

It is a bug in the installation script of the Simple Features base package (the "cron" entry is created as part of the scheduled parity check).

It will be corrected in a future SF version.

Ive just noticed a little bug, its nothing major and has probably been brought to up but i thought i would just put it forward.

Issue:

When starting the array only the refresh button is visible and not start, which is correct. However if you hit info or the logs button which then provides a pop up. Once you have closed it the Start button suddenly becomes visible as if you could hit it again, to start and already starting array.

Screenshot attached

Screen_Shot_2012-06-09_at_10_37_17.png.113125ef583aad40f962aaeb9bcfa39a.png

I have the S3 sleep function enabled in SF. What are the basic settings I should make/change to get my server go to sleep when there is no activity. Or should I just wait till it gets dark.

I guess the server will wake up when the mover starts working at 3:40? Or won't the mover wake-up because the server is asleep?

I have the S3 sleep function enabled in SF. What are the basic settings I should make/change to get my server go to sleep when there is no activity. Or should I just wait till it gets dark.

I guess the server will wake up when the mover starts working at 3:40? Or won't the mover wake-up because the server is asleep?

It will NOT wake up. 

No need, it won't go to sleep either. There is more to it than just falling asleep. It shoul be aware of the fact that there is indeed a cache drive installed and therefore a mover script that wants to run. Pity this functionality is not integrated in unraid, but I can live with it. Maybe I should let the mover run earlier, at around 0:00, and after the mover finishes the server can go to sleep. At least if this S3 sleep thingy is working.

For the SF Parity Check settings, could you configure it to also be based on day of the week?

For example, I want my Parity Checks to occur on the first Tuesday of the Month rather than a particular day of the month so I have the following entry:

# check parity on the first Tues of every month at 0630:

30 06 1-7 * * [ "$(date '+%a')" == "Tue" ] && /root/mdcmd check NOCORRECT 1>/dev/null 2>&1

Is that something you could set up via SF Parity Check scheduling?

For the SF Parity Check settings, could you configure it to also be based on day of the week?

For example, I want my Parity Checks to occur on the first Tuesday of the Month rather than a particular day of the month so I have the following entry:

30 06 1-7 * * [ "$(date '+%a')" == "Tue" ] && /root/mdcmd check NOCORRECT 1>/dev/null 2>&1

You can set in the "Custom commands before sleep" box the command "/use/local/sbin/mover"

This will run the mover script prior to the s3 sleep state.

No need, it won't go to sleep either. There is more to it than just falling asleep. It shoul be aware of the fact that there is indeed a cache drive installed and therefore a mover script that wants to run. Pity this functionality is not integrated in unraid, but I can live with it. Maybe I should let the mover run earlier, at around 0:00, and after the mover finishes the server can go to sleep. At least if this S3 sleep thingy is working.

If it won't go to sleep it means some condition isn't met (yet) or your hardware does not support s3 sleep mode (check your BIOS settings).

ok...think i have it figured out. will see come first Tues in July

ok...think i have it figured out. will see come first Tues in July

Right!

Scheduled parity check = every

Day of the week = tuesday

week of the month = first week

time of the day = 00:00

month of the year = every month

Hi

in the Stats package, could you edit the crontab script, end of doinst.sh so it does not log into the syslog file every 2 minute ?

the other entries in my crontab have a > /dev/null added ... think that will do the trick .. no ?

Logfile below.

Br tsatsa

Mar  8 11:26:01 Tower kernel: crond[17739]: segfault at b785e51c ip b785e51c sp bff49f94 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b785e000+1000]

Mar  8 11:28:01 Tower crond[1099]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1

Mar  8 11:28:01 Tower kernel: crond[18031]: segfault at b785e51c ip b785e51c sp bff49f94 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b785e000+1000]

Mar  8 11:30:01 Tower crond[1099]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1

Mar  8 11:30:01 Tower kernel: crond[18339]: segfault at b785e51c ip b785e51c sp bff49f94 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b785e000+1000]

Mar  8 11:32:01 Tower crond[1099]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1 1

Mar  8 11:32:01 Tower kernel: crond[18635]: segfault at b785e51c ip b785e51c sp bff49f94 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b785e000+1000]

Is this just logging? I see that the reply to this said that this logging would be off once it's out of beta... but when the kernel reports a segfault in crond, this isn't logging. I have this same issue since upgrading to unraid 5.0-RC4.

This sounds more like a bug to me.

Thoughts?

whiteatom

This has been corrected in the upcoming version.

I dont know is this has been discussed before, but I tried simple features on my RC3 system and noticed my disks never were spin down, I removed it from /boot/extras and now they spin down as expected. I was using all the plugins but the email notification and the sleep one.  Has anyone noticed the same thing? Is it secondary to a specific plugin ? Notify? cache_dirs?

Thanks

EzBox

Please check your settings. Set "Enable spinup groups = no"

If it won't go to sleep it means some condition isn't met (yet) or your hardware does not support s3 sleep mode (check your BIOS settings).

Which BIOS-settings specifically?

Thursday I went to unraid 5.0rc4. Today I installed Simple Features with the modules I desired.

Looked awful initially, but then I set the Tower to run in compatability mode and it looked like it should.  I am running IE 9 and perhaps that should be a note in the installtion instructions.

The main page headers look a little strange in that the title of the information fields (Server description, version, uptime) is on the left right after the Limetech "logo" followed by the green vertical bar, then a lot of white space and the values of the informations fields are right justified on the page.  I think the field titles and the field values should both abutt the green bar, titles on the left, values on the right.

It would be nice if one could specify a vertical height for the display of the pages (pixel height) and the various pages be vertically compressed to try and fit in that space if possible.  If not possible then just cut down on the vertical white space keeping it "pretty" to get as much as possible showing without the need to scroll.

eMail (smtp test) worked right out of the box, and I am sure that I will get the notifications according to the values I have set up.

One PlugIn (and I will write it if I get time) I would like to see is the ability to do a UDP broadcast of a notification, or a direct TCPIP transmission to a specified listener.  My home is fully automated and every room has a speaker for announcements.  I would like to be able to announce critical warnings as currently happens for serious weather issues like Tornados. My HA system handles that and just needs a message that something critical (in unRaids opinion) has happened.  I could do it with eMail to the HA system, but then I would need to set it up with a POP capability

Finally, it is a superb piece of work. I greatly appreciate your efforts.

Thursday I went to unraid 5.0rc4. Today I installed Simple Features with the modules I desired.

Looked awful initially, but then I set the Tower to run in compatability mode and it looked like it should.  I am running IE 9 and perhaps that should be a note in the installtion instructions.

The main page headers look a little strange in that the title of the information fields (Server description, version, uptime) is on the left right after the Limetech "logo" followed by the green vertical bar, then a lot of white space and the values of the informations fields are right justified on the page.  I think the field titles and the field values should both abutt the green bar, titles on the left, values on the right.

It would be nice if one could specify a vertical height for the display of the pages (pixel height) and the various pages be vertically compressed to try and fit in that space if possible.  If not possible then just cut down on the vertical white space keeping it "pretty" to get as much as possible showing without the need to scroll.

eMail (smtp test) worked right out of the box, and I am sure that I will get the notifications according to the values I have set up.

One PlugIn (and I will write it if I get time) I would like to see is the ability to do a UDP broadcast of a notification, or a direct TCPIP transmission to a specified listener.  My home is fully automated and every room has a speaker for announcements.  I would like to be able to announce critical warnings as currently happens for serious weather issues like Tornados. My HA system handles that and just needs a message that something critical (in unRaids opinion) has happened.  I could do it with eMail to the HA system, but then I would need to set it up with a POP capability

Finally, it is a superb piece of work. I greatly appreciate your efforts.

Reset browser cache. I'd look at using Firefox/chrome for the best experience though!

Yes it does like better in Chrome. The page header looks correct with the titles and the values all flushed right.

Althought the ssmtp test worked, I am not getting any email notifications.  I will stop the array and reboot to see if they then start as no I know the settings are correct.

The test sequence for ssmtp works fine, However I never receive notifications.  I have them set to be sent every 60 minutes

I see this in the log file: (last indication)

Jun  9 20:07:01 Tower crond[1185]: failed parsing crontab for user root: cron=""

Any advice?

• Squid locked this topic