"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

The test sequence for ssmtp works fine, However I never receive notifications.  I have them set to be sent every 60 minutes

I see this in the log file: (last indication)

Jun  9 20:07:01 Tower crond[1185]: failed parsing crontab for user root: cron=""

Any advice?

That error is a parity check scheduling issue. It is mentioned earlier and will be fixed in the next Simple Features version. 
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scheduled my party check to 1st tues of the month and now get this in my syslog

Jun  9 23:48:01 Tower crond[1369]: failed parsing crontab for user root: [ $(date +%d) -le 7 ] && /root/mdcmd check  1>/dev/null 2>&

following is in my crontab file

# Scheduled Parity Check

0 0 *  2 [ $(date +%d) -le 7 ] && /root/mdcmd check  1>/dev/null 2>&1

any ideas?

Myk

scheduled my party check to 1st tues of the month and now get this in my syslog

Jun  9 23:48:01 Tower crond[1369]: failed parsing crontab for user root: [ $(date +%d) -le 7 ] && /root/mdcmd check  1>/dev/null 2>&

following is in my crontab file

# Scheduled Parity Check

0 0 *  2 [ $(date +%d) -le 7 ] && /root/mdcmd check  1>/dev/null 2>&1

any ideas?

Myk

You've found a bug  :(

Will be corrected in next version...

How do I turn off email notifications? Due to the reported chron bug, I would like to just turn them off but leave the feature installed. I thought the start/stop button on the top of the settings page would do that. When pressed it changes the status from running to stopped or vice versa, but if you leave the page and come back it always  shows running.

TIA

How do I turn off email notifications? Due to the reported chron bug, I would like to just turn them off but leave the feature installed. I thought the start/stop button on the top of the settings page would do that. When pressed it changes the status from running to stopped or vice versa, but if you leave the page and come back it always  shows running.

TIA

This is a general bug for SF. It doesn't matter if email notifications are on or not. Either edit crontab after each reboot as stated above, or create a parity check schedule inside of SF's options.

I believe the command is

crontab -e

Then you are in VI and you edit out the line:

cron=""

and save the file.

You will have to do this after each reboot. I don't think that message in the log is a big issue and you could probably just ignore it.

Hi All,

Please test a new plugin! The log viewer is now ready to download: http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures-v1.0rc3-log-viewer-addon.tgz

This is working fine for me. Very nifty feature :)

Filtering seems to work fine too, though I don't have any errors logged on my system.

Some observations:

- On my system the displayed font for the log content is rather small with more white space. Can the font become bigger with less white space instead?

- Nice addition would be to allow sorting on either oldest or newest entries (similar to the notifications add on)

- Perhaps a (popup) legenda explaining the color codes may help users to understand better their meaning.

- Saving a file - I guess - is still work in progress

Thank you for offering this excellent addition.

Hi All,

Please test a new plugin! The log viewer is now ready to download: http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures-v1.0rc3-log-viewer-addon.tgz

This is working fine for me. Very nifty feature :)

Filtering seems to work fine too, though I don't have any errors logged on my system.

Some observations:

- On my system the displayed font for the log content is rather small with more white space. Can the font become bigger with less white space instead?

- Nice addition would be to allow sorting on either oldest or newest entries (similar to the notifications add on)

- Perhaps a (popup) legenda explaining the color codes may help users to understand better their meaning.

- Saving a file - I guess - is still work in progress

Thank you for offering this excellent addition.

Can increase font size :) No problems there. Can also sort, and add a legend for warning/errors.

What issues are you having with saving the log file?

Hi

The new Log feature looks nice! Some small points from me too:

1) I agree that the font used for the log is very small and with quite much whitespace. Must a "courier" type font be used? Could you use a sans-serif font instead?

2) I also agree that I would like to see an option to sort both ways

3) If you search for something with the search box, the only way to reset it is to clear the text in the box and "go" again. Maybe a clear icon?

4) Maybe an option to filter only Info messages as well?

5) What about an option to filter on process? Aka "show only emhttp" or "show only kernel"?

6) Is there a reason that the window is fixed in height and not using the whole screen?

Keep up the good work!

Two things I see happening (not major but can be addressed anyway):

1. When selecting a non-empty file it is copied (created) in the directory /usr/local/emhttp, and never removed. Better create temporary files in "/tmp" or "/var/tmp" and delete them once not needed anymore.

2. When selecting an empty file, it will open a blank screen in the browser. Better check the existence of the file before the copy process starts.

Two things I see happening (not major but can be addressed anyway):

1. When selecting a non-empty file it is copied (created) in the directory /usr/local/emhttp, and never removed. Better create temporary files in "/tmp" or "/var/tmp" and delete them once not needed anymore.

2. When selecting an empty file, it will open a blank screen in the browser. Better check the existence of the file before the copy process starts.

Oops, cool both are bugs then. It should be checking before creating an archive, and the code should be there to delete it  :)

I am having issues with the post sleep command. It doesn't seem to always run as it should. Latley it seems more like it never runs. How can I trace what is happening?

#Restart sickbeard
sleep 60
logger Restarting SickBeard
wget -q --delete-after http://192.168.0.100:8181/api/api#/?cmd=sb.restart
sleep 5

I put the "logger" line in to hopefully write to the system log to see if this process is even happening. I do not see it listed in the log after resuming from S3. I have checked in /usr/local/bin and I see the postRun file. It contains the proper code. I also see in the go file:

/usr/local/sbin/s3_sleep -a -m10 -t5 -eeth0 -h03 -p /usr/local/bin/postRun

So I know it is pointed to the correct file.

I just woke unRaid and noticed it worked this time and the item was in the log as expected. It still seems random when it decides to work. Two times today it did not appear to work.

Could it be something in Sickbeard itself, preventing it from running?

The script itself is unconditional, it should always run after a wake-up.

EUREKA! So I finally figured out what is happening. The postRun file does not survive full system reboots, as expected. Even though the lines are still in the sleep post commands, it has to be re-applied after a full system reboot in order to make the postRun file again.

I am having issues with the post sleep command. It doesn't seem to always run as it should. Latley it seems more like it never runs. How can I trace what is happening?

#Restart sickbeard
sleep 60
logger Restarting SickBeard
wget -q --delete-after http://192.168.0.100:8181/api/api#/?cmd=sb.restart
sleep 5

I put the "logger" line in to hopefully write to the system log to see if this process is even happening. I do not see it listed in the log after resuming from S3. I have checked in /usr/local/bin and I see the postRun file. It contains the proper code. I also see in the go file:

/usr/local/sbin/s3_sleep -a -m10 -t5 -eeth0 -h03 -p /usr/local/bin/postRun

So I know it is pointed to the correct file.

I just woke unRaid and noticed it worked this time and the item was in the log as expected. It still seems random when it decides to work. Two times today it did not appear to work.

Could it be something in Sickbeard itself, preventing it from running?

The script itself is unconditional, it should always run after a wake-up.

EUREKA! So I finally figured out what is happening. The postRun file does not survive full system reboots, as expected. Even though the lines are still in the sleep post commands, it has to be re-applied after a full system reboot in order to make the postRun file again.

The non-restoral of the scripts after a reboot is a known issue and will be corrected in the next release.

It is something to keep in mind for the time being...

• Squid locked this topic