"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

The problems with IE9 were introduced after a certain update from Microsoft. I had the same issues on one PC which had automatic updates on and consequently was "up to date", while another PC with manual updates wasn't at the same patch level but with a perfect working IE9.

Strangely enough both PCs reported exactly the same IE9 version, my guess is that some underlying library file was causing the issue.

Since a few weeks and a couple of updates further all is back to normal. Perhaps you should also try to update Windows to the latest (and greatest).

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm setting up a test unRAID server and i really like the screen shots of Simple features. So i want to install this.

Do i have to create a /extra directory on my flash drive and copy the base webgui file to this location? What about the other plugins? Do i copy this to config/plugins?

Hi,

I'm setting up a test unRAID server and i really like the screen shots of Simple features. So i want to install this.

Do i have to create a /extra directory on my flash drive and copy the base webgui file to this location? What about the other plugins? Do i copy this to config/plugins?

If you can wait a little longer :)

Very soon the next version of SimpleFeatures will be released. This version follows the new plugin model - made available in unRAID v5.

The expectation is that any future plugins will follow this model, at the end it should make maintaining the plugins easier (this would require a plugin manager as well).

MvL, why wait I loaded up the existing version and it works fine.  I will re-install the new version when it comes out and reboot.

Here is what I did; On my flash drive which had a directory in the root named extra and a directory in config called plugins.

In /extra I put all the files of the install package which had an extension of "tgz". 

In /Config/Plugins I put all the files (the ones I wanted) that had an extension of "plg".  I did not install the iTunesServer nor the webserver plugin, but did install the LogViewer plugin.

I rebooted and it all came up.  I Have rebooted several times with no issues re simple Features

Of course you can install the existing version if you don't want to wait or need it right now.

To upgrade to the next version it requires a more extensive uninstallation procedure of the current version (depending on what you have installed and activated). This will be explained though.

If you want to avoid this then simply wait :)

So.. this thread is so long and the search tool is not helping me at all.... I'm having an issue where crond segfaults every hour after installing simple features. I thought it was related to the stats add-on as it poles for data in the hourly cron. I have removed that add-on, but the problem persists. Here's what I see in my syslog:

Jun 16 10:47:01 knox crond[1260]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.hourly 1> /dev/null 
Jun 16 10:47:01 knox kernel: crond[24302]: segfault at b779351c ip b779351c sp bffd6df4 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b7793000+1000]
Jun 16 11:47:01 knox crond[1260]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.hourly 1> /dev/null 
Jun 16 11:47:01 knox kernel: crond[22846]: segfault at b779351c ip b779351c sp bffd6df4 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b7793000+1000]
Jun 16 12:47:01 knox crond[1260]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.hourly 1> /dev/null 
Jun 16 12:47:01 knox kernel: crond[27002]: segfault at b779351c ip b779351c sp bffd6df4 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b7793000+1000]
Jun 16 13:47:01 knox crond[1260]: exit status 1 from user root /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.hourly 1> /dev/null 
Jun 16 13:47:01 knox kernel: crond[30877]: segfault at b779351c ip b779351c sp bffd6df4 error 15 in ld-2.11.1.so[b7793000+1000]

There is nothing in /etc/cron.hourly and I can run this command manually without issues. Here's my crontab file:

# Run hourly cron jobs at 47 minutes after the hour:
47 * * * * /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.hourly 1> /dev/null
#
# Run daily cron jobs at 4:40 every day:
40 4 * * * /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.daily 1> /dev/null
#
# Run weekly cron jobs at 4:30 on the first day of the week:
30 4 * * 0 /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.weekly 1> /dev/null
#
# Run monthly cron jobs at 4:20 on the first day of the month:
20 4 1 * * /usr/bin/run-parts /etc/cron.monthly 1> /dev/null
# Scheduled Parity Check
30 5 12 * * /root/mdcmd check  1>/dev/null 2>&1

Here is another related post - someone with the same issue.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=20503.0

Anyone have any ideas how to address this?

Cheers,

whiteatom

Oh whatever I just gonna install simple features. It is just a test server to see what progress unRAID has made this last year. The simple features plugin looks really awesome!

I agree, and can I just say that if you aren't currently running an unRAID server- you are missing out!

As for SF, I haven't used it myself yet but I am following the changes closely. It's great to see the developer is very active and it obviously shows, based on the size of this thread and number of people running the addon. It blows the default unRAID UI out of the water, even the "updated" V5 UI (no offense to Tom ofc- it's better that he is more focused on the core). I plan on upgrading to 5.0 once it hits final, after a quick burn-in for a couple weeks to make sure everything is running OK I plan to join the SF bandwagon 8)

speeding_ant: Any update on the email notifications rewrite? The log viewer looks fantastic btw and I'm sure this is taking up most of your time, I do personally feel that bug fixes should be addressed before more features are implimented. I can understand the importance of log management though as it makes everyone's life easier, particularly with debugging.

I agree, and can I just say that if you aren't currently running an unRAID server- you are missing out!

Your probably right.  ;D

As for SF, I haven't used it myself yet but I am following the changes closely. It's great to see the developer is very active and it obviously shows, based on the size of this thread and number of people running the addon. It blows the default unRAID UI out of the water, even the "updated" V5 UI (no offense to Tom ofc- it's better that he is more focused on the core). I plan on upgrading to 5.0 once it hits final, after a quick burn-in for a couple weeks to make sure everything is running OK I plan to join the SF bandwagon 8)

I totally agree with you. I really like SF and I'm thinking unRAID was missing a good professional looking GUI. Sure, no offense to Tom. I think he has to work on the core. Give it nice features. unRAID is a very interesting storage solution!

Oh whatever I just gonna install simple features. It is just a test server to see what progress unRAID has made this last year. The simple features plugin looks really awesome!

speeding_ant: Any update on the email notifications rewrite? The log viewer looks fantastic btw and I'm sure this is taking up most of your time, I do personally feel that bug fixes should be addressed before more features are implimented. I can understand the importance of log management though as it makes everyone's life easier, particularly with debugging.

Email notification rewrite will be the next project. I'm just going by the poll  :)  The log viewer is useable at the moment, and relatively feature complete as a useful tool, so I can spend time somewhere else. Of course, there will be more features added to it as time goes on.

@ speeding_ant - don't know whether this is related. I'm a complete newbie to linux and not very good at reading the log file.

But noticed this lately - I installed your Log Viewer update recently and started seeing this entry int he log, could some explain why this error is happening:

Jun 16 14:27:01 Tower crond[1207]: failed parsing crontab for user root: cron="" 
Jun 16 15:27:01 Tower crond[1207]: failed parsing crontab for user root: cron="" 
Jun 16 16:27:01 Tower crond[1207]: failed parsing crontab for user root: cron="" 
Jun 16 17:27:01 Tower crond[1207]: failed parsing crontab for user root: cron="" 
Jun 16 18:27:01 Tower crond[1207]: failed parsing crontab for user root: cron="" 

Thanks - Abhi

Fixed in the latest version - working on releasing that now.

That being said, Bonienl did most of the work for this update (please give him some credit!!)  :D  I'm just doing the finishing touches.

Any idea when this will be available? I see the SF base download is still a May 8th file. I have SF removed at the moment trying to troubleshoot this crond segfault problem and I forgot how unpleasant looking the default UI is :(

It seems the new log plugin didn't start for me with RC5.  I just installed both for the first time tonight.  RC5 installed and ran fine without any plugins or extras, then I added simplefeatures with the old method of the logging module.  I then removed it and put the plugin in place, but it seems to have not installed.  I see this on the screen...

wget: unable to resolve host address at unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com

Not an emergency, just feedback.

StanC,

Go to Pg 80 and dnload plugin from speeding_ant posted June 14, 2012, 04:46:49 PM and unzip then save to /boot/config/plugins

Telnet to Tower or whatever name given and run the following

installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

Once done, do a page refresh and the icon should appear.

Problem in email Notification

In SMTP setup, I use "[email protected]" as sender email.

In Email Script Setup, I use "[email protected]" as recipients email.

But the problem is, I only received both testing email and notification email in my "[email protected]".

They should go to "[email protected]", but they didn't.

----

From the syslog, the recipients address is correct "[email protected]"

But from the log in my mail server, the recipients address is the same as sender address "[email protected]"

Any hints for me to fix the problem?

Hi All,

Please test a new plugin! The log viewer is now ready to download: http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures-v1.0rc3-log-viewer-addon.tgz

This is working fine for me. Very nifty feature :)

Filtering seems to work fine too, though I don't have any errors logged on my system.

Some observations:

- On my system the displayed font for the log content is rather small with more white space. Can the font become bigger with less white space instead?

- Nice addition would be to allow sorting on either oldest or newest entries (similar to the notifications add on)

- Perhaps a (popup) legenda explaining the color codes may help users to understand better their meaning.

- Saving a file - I guess - is still work in progress

Thank you for offering this excellent addition.

I though plugins were to be of a *.plg file to be copied into your /config/plugins folder? I'd like to try this out, but I do have a log viewer already with my SF setup. Whatever came with it I guess.

Hey all,

New version of the log viewer. Added a few features that were suggested here, and Bergware converted it to PLG format. This is the way all of the SimpleFeatures plugins will go - very shortly might I add!

• Added log direction sorting

• Added start/stop for log refreshing

• CSS fixes to make log text bigger

• Fixed download issues with log files with no content

• Fixed issue with archived log file not removing itself

• Fixed some gui continuity issues

Install Instructions:

Remove existing version

Copy PLG file to the folder: /boot/config/plugins

Either telnet in and type 'installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.4-noarch-1.plg' or restart your server

When trying to install the log viewer, this is what happens with mine.

root@sun:/boot/config/plugins# installplg simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.4-noarch-1.plg

installing plugin: simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.4-noarch-1

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.4-noarch-1.plg:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): PK in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): ^ in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

xml parse error

root@sun:/boot/config/plugins#

• Squid locked this topic