"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Solved the issue with the log button in the menu bar, I changed the refresh to a minute <SAVE/DONE> then changed it back to disabled <SAVE/DONE>. It now works.

The log in the utils page still gives the same effect, it looks like it is constantly trying to add to the bottom of the log and with every add the focus is put back to the start.

+1---  I am seeing the same behavior on my test bed.  I am using Firefox 15.0 and the earlier version 1.3 (running on my production system) does not behave this way when it is running in a different window on the same incidence of Firefox.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solved the issue with the log button in the menu bar, I changed the refresh to a minute <SAVE/DONE> then changed it back to disabled <SAVE/DONE>. It now works.

The log in the utils page still gives the same effect, it looks like it is constantly trying to add to the bottom of the log and with every add the focus is put back to the start.

+1---  I am seeing the same behavior on my test bed.  I am using Firefox 15.0 and the earlier version 1.3 (running on my production system) does not behave this way when it is running in a different window on the same incidence of Firefox.

Sadly i think this is a regression, but I can't say if it is the fault of unraid, simplefeatures, or what ... but this is all very familiar.  Even the advice to change which APCUPSD is used seems very familiar.  I say all this because it might help track the problem if it really is a repeat of the behavior we ran into earlier.

I'd recommend that people start using the new log viewer - it's far more comprehensive, will update, error check and you can download logs directly from the gui.

I'm saying that because I need feedback on it too  :)

You may be right about using the new one but the fact that the new log viewer ('Logs' under 'System Information' on the 'Utils') is a bit more than confusing to us neophytes.  Apparently, there is no documentation and non 'help balloons' on the icons to even provide a clue as to what we are seeing on the 'Logs' page.  And the Syslog is the last thing in the list.  I know that I haven't the faintest idea what the information even is in everything above the 'Syslog' one or what one might need it for. 

IF the 'System Logs' in 'Development Utilities' is not going to work correctly, why not remove it completely? 

The log viewer defaults to syslog, and the other logs are there in case a senior member of the community asks for something more specific. Simply select a log and click the disk icon to download it. If you want to read it, it's the same process as the stock viewer. The colours are representative of potential problems. Red being the worst.

It's there so you don't have to telnet into your box and move things about to get logs. Surely this is far simpler  :)

The log viewer defaults to syslog, and the other logs are there in case a senior member of the community asks for something more specific. Simply select a log and click the disk icon to download it. If you want to read it, it's the same process as the stock viewer. The colours are representative of potential problems. Red being the worst.

It's there so you don't have to telnet into your box and move things about to get logs. Surely this is far simpler  :)

You are right (as I would hope you would be)!  With the test bed (the MB and processor is only seven years old and one of the lowest of the era anyway), it does take a while to popup the SYSLOG and it is reverse sorted and I didn't recognize it.  I did download a syslog, unzip it and open it in wordpad.  All without difficulty. 

OK so what's going on?

Sep 28 17:40:21 Tower logger: Warning: simplexml_load_file(): /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz.plg:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13
Sep 28 17:40:21 Tower logger: 
Sep 28 17:40:21 Tower logger: Warning: simplexml_load_file(): ^_\213^H in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13
Sep 28 17:40:21 Tower logger: 
Sep 28 17:40:21 Tower logger: Warning: simplexml_load_file(): ^ in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13
Sep 28 17:40:21 Tower logger:  xml parse error

Download the "SimpleFeatures Plugins" zip from our Google Code page. Choose the plugins you wish to install. The Base package is required for all other packages to run.

2. Create folder called "plugins" at the base of the flash drive - "/boot/plugins"

3. Copy in the plugins (must have .plg extension) you wish to have installed on Boot.

4. Reboot. If it looks funny, please clear your browser cache!

Uhhh... I just flew for 7 hours but where do you put the core .tgz file? 

Nevermind - I see the core is now a plugin in the plugins directory since I downloaded the whole zip archive.

Ok, so the short story is that we moved from /boot/extras to /boot/plugins  with this SF update.  Not sure why we couldn't just say that in plain english....

Instructions say to delete /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures

that doesn't exist on my rig....??

I just deleted  /boot/extras

and...

created /boot/plugins/    and copied the new files to it.

rebooting now to test....

The instructions I'd hope are relatively clear. I can't tell people to remove the entire extras folder, there are other plugins that use this. Also, the newer version of SimpleFeatures uses /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures, which will cause problems installing the new plugins. From installation instructions:

Create folder called "plugins" at the base of the flash drive - "/boot/plugins"

Copy in the plugins (must have .plg extension) you wish to have installed on Boot.

Reboot. If it looks funny, please clear your browser cache!

Cheers for the feedback everyone.

I cant get them to install under /boot/plugins - I have to use /boot/config/plugins to get them to install...

What am I doing wrong?

My

Make sure the directory "/boot/plugins" exists and copy the desired *.plg files into it.

A reboot afterwards automatically installs the plugins (missing files will be downloaded, so you need an Internet connection)

Some stuff I notice:

- When I call the system log thru the menu bar (next to info) the log appears for a second then immediately dissapears again;

- When I call the system log from the utils log the page remains busy, if you scroll down the log immediately scrolls back to the top;

Some other plugin is interfering with the operation of SimpleFeatures. SF does not close the log window by itself.

Did you try to add other plugins one-by-one and see which one is causing the issue?

Ps. The "page refresh interval" now only operates on the "main" page. Other pages are not affected (e.g. health page gets dynamically updated)

It's not working for me. Log says "bad download, deleting".

Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.activity.monitor-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.activity.monitor-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.activity.monitor-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.disk.health-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.disk.health-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.disk.health-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting

It's not working for me. Log says "bad download, deleting".

Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.activity.monitor-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.activity.monitor-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.activity.monitor-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.disk.health-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.disk.health-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.disk.health-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.log.viewer-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.system.info-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.system.stats-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-noarch-1
Sep 29 06:00:00 SERVER logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting

Did you grab the .tgz files from the google code page or did you grab the .zip file which is filled with .plg files?  You need to grab the latter and not the former.  That was my mistake.

I used the files in the zip. I finally just grabbed the tgz files manually and put them in the extra folder. Most things seems to be working OK although there are some icons missing.

Do not grab "tgz" files yourself. These files will be automatically downloaded by the *.plg packages. The new plugin model as intended by limetech foresees in a update mechanism whereby files will be updated accordingly. This is all controlled within the *.plg files, downloading "tgz" files yourself will defeat that system and a proper plugin update can't be guaranteed anymore.

Also the "extra" folder is the old way of getting additions loaded upon reboot, this is not used anymore in the new plugin model of 5.0. Don't copy the "tgz" files there!

For those daring ones who want a detailed step-by-step de-installation guide, see below (it is extensive - you have been warned)

Removal instructions for an existing SimpleFeatures version (1.0rc3 or earlier)

1.  Delete the files “simpleFeatures-*.tgz” in the folder “/boot/extra”

2.  Delete the file “/boot/config/simpleFeatures.cfg”

3.  Delete the file “/boot/config/hosts.cfg”

(this file only exists when you have installed the “active streams” add-on)

4.  Disable the “scheduled parity check” – see the setting page under ‘SimpleFeatures’

5.  Disable the “folder caching function” – see the setting page under ‘Folder Caching’

(this function only exists when you have installed the “cache dirs” add-on)

6.  Disable the “S3 sleep function” – see the setting page under “Sleep Mode”

(this function only exists when you have installed the “s3-sleep” add-on)

7.  Disable the “web server function” – see the setting page under ‘Web Server’

(this function only exists when you have installed the “webserver” plugin)

8.  Delete the folder “/boot/plugins/sf_webserver”

(this folder only exists when you have installed the “webserver” plugin)

9.  Delete the file “/boot/plugins/ simplefeatures_webserver.plg”

(this file only exists when you have installed the “webserver” plugin)

10.  Delete the folder “/boot/config/email”

(this folder only exists when you have installed the “email notifications” add-on)

11.  Remove in your “/boot/config/go” file any references to ‘SimpleFeatures’

(these may or may not exist)

Note: “/boot” is the root directory on your flash drive

wow, that is most likely the cleanest way to remove the old and then do a clean install, but I didn't do most of that and mine seems to be working ok.

Here is what I did (or didn't do) and what I'm running....

I run the Plex plugin, so that lives in the /boot/extra directory, meaning I didn't delete the directory.  I just deleted the SF files

I did not delete the file “/boot/config/simpleFeatures.cfg”

didn't Delete the file “/boot/config/hosts.cfg”'

and  I didn't "disable" anything.

I use the email Notify, but did not  Delete the folder “/boot/config/email”

I just created the directory /boot/plugins per the first instructions and dropped the SF *.plg files into it and rebooted.

I had to setup email notify again, but everything else looks ok and working.  The log file icon is working now too.

I am running the APC and Powerdown plugins via the /boot/packages directory

I'm also now using the updated Samba package, which I put in /boot/custom and updated the Go file to launch it.

Again, bonienl instructions are most likely the clean way of doing, but wanted to let everyone know that it seems to work the first set of instructions from Speeding_Ant

For those daring ones who want a detailed step-by-step de-installation guide, see below (it is extensive - you have been warned)

Removal instructions for an existing SimpleFeatures version (1.0rc3 or earlier)

1.  Delete the files “simpleFeatures-*.tgz” in the folder “/boot/extra”

2.  Delete the file “/boot/config/simpleFeatures.cfg”

3.  Delete the file “/boot/config/hosts.cfg”

(this file only exists when you have installed the “active streams” add-on)

4.  Disable the “scheduled parity check” – see the setting page under ‘SimpleFeatures’

5.  Disable the “folder caching function” – see the setting page under ‘Folder Caching’

(this function only exists when you have installed the “cache dirs” add-on)

6.  Disable the “S3 sleep function” – see the setting page under “Sleep Mode”

(this function only exists when you have installed the “s3-sleep” add-on)

7.  Disable the “web server function” – see the setting page under ‘Web Server’

(this function only exists when you have installed the “webserver” plugin)

8.  Delete the folder “/boot/plugins/sf_webserver”

(this folder only exists when you have installed the “webserver” plugin)

9.  Delete the file “/boot/plugins/ simplefeatures_webserver.plg”

(this file only exists when you have installed the “webserver” plugin)

10.  Delete the folder “/boot/config/email”

(this folder only exists when you have installed the “email notifications” add-on)

11.  Remove in your “/boot/config/go” file any references to ‘SimpleFeatures’

(these may or may not exist)

Note: “/boot” is the root directory on your flash drive

Deleted everything from extra and went through the steps above with the same result. If I telnet in and install individually it works perfectly.

• Squid locked this topic