"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Email Notifications:

default setting: every 60 minutes.. status update + possible warning when discs are getting to hot.

could you please change that so that we ONLY receive emails when something goes wrong? and than instantly?

I find myself deleting notification emails every hour although everything is fine :)

thank you!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Email Notifications:

default setting: every 60 minutes.. status update + possible warning when discs are getting to hot.

could you please change that so that we ONLY receive emails when something goes wrong? and than instantly?

I find myself deleting notification emails every hour although everything is fine :)

thank you!

I have "email frequency" set to 1440 minutes (1 day). This sends me an OK status email only once a day, but I still get an email anytime something changes on the server, such as going over temp, stopping the array, etc. So I think you just need to increase email frequency to a larger value and you will still get the critical ones immediately. I think I may have read that you can set it to zero if you don't want any OK status emails.

Just installed simplefeatures for the first time.

Looked like it was working until i saw its saying all my hard drives are at 85 degrees and doesn't show the usage.

If I open unMenu it shows all the right information.

Anyone had this problem / know a fix?

Screenshot please!

That would of been a smart thing to do ;)

I uninstalled it without doing so to reinstall it to see if that would fix it but had to go out. I will reinstall it tonight and see if I get the same problem.

Wake on LAN, push the button, motherboard wake at time.......

Yeah,...I should know this,..and I actually do,...but I suppose I was too tired (read lazy) to read the manual.

Thanks for a polite response to a "read the manual" question.  :)

I've never used WOL,..so I will need to understand how to send a WOL from my Windows desktop, my Ubuntu desktop,..and my HTPC that's running XBMC.

I know that XBMC has a WOL add-ons (or maybe it's built-in) so I'll need to try it and it should work.

Just a heads up,....but after a little confusion on the installation directions,....I got this installed.

However: It appears that Firefox does not work. At first I freaked out,.......but then I tried Internet Explorer and the world is now a peaceful place.

So, is this true,..the web gui will not work with Firefox?

Just a heads up,....but after a little confusion on the installation directions,....I got this installed.

However: It appears that Firefox does not work. At first I freaked out,.......but then I tried Internet Explorer and the world is now a peaceful place.

It is working using Firefox (ver 15.0) on My Win7 64 bit computer.  Did you clear Firefox's cache? 

It is working using Firefox (ver 15.0) on My Win7 64 bit computer.  Did you clear Firefox's cache? 

Firefox works perfectly fine for me too.  My guess is you haven't cleared your browser cache.

Wake on LAN, push the button, motherboard wake at time.......

Yeah,...I should know this,..and I actually do,...but I suppose I was too tired (read lazy) to read the manual.

Thanks for a polite response to a "read the manual" question.  :)

I've never used WOL,..so I will need to understand how to send a WOL from my Windows desktop, my Ubuntu desktop,..and my HTPC that's running XBMC.

I know that XBMC has a WOL add-ons (or maybe it's built-in) so I'll need to try it and it should work.

You simply need a static IP address, MAC address and something that will send the "Magic Packet".

Is there something wrong with the install instructions?  I'm running 5.0-rc8a and have done this:

1. Create folder called "plugins" inside the config folder of the flash drive - "/boot/config/plugins"

2. Extract "SimpleFeatures Plugins.zip" to the plugins folder.

3. Reboot.

4. Reload //tower in Firefox, no difference noticed.

5. Load //tower in IE, looks the same as Firefox.

6. ???

I just installed SimpleFeatures 1.0.5 in V5rc8a. Man, this looks good!!

I am right now preclearing two drives, is it possible to check status from the SF GUI? In my other box, running 4.7, status can be seen from unMENU.

As a suggestion, would it possible to integrate preclearing within SF?

So it looks like the plugin cannot be downloaded.  I found this in the syslog:

Nov 11 12:49:16 Tower logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.active.streams-1.0.5-noarch-1

Nov 11 12:49:16 Tower logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.active.streams-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.active.streams-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting

This repeats for all .plg files in the plugins folder.

So it looks like the plugin cannot be downloaded.  I found this in the syslog:

Nov 11 12:49:16 Tower logger: installing plugin: simpleFeatures.active.streams-1.0.5-noarch-1

Nov 11 12:49:16 Tower logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures/simpleFeatures.active.streams-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz: downloading from http://unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com/files/simpleFeatures.active.streams-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz ... bad download, deleting

This repeats for all .plg files in the plugins folder.

I always have the same issue.  I just installplg file after booting.  Not a big deal unless you reboot a lot.

Is there something wrong with the install instructions?  I'm running 5.0-rc8a and have done this:

1. Create folder called "plugins" inside the config folder of the flash drive - "/boot/config/plugins"

2. Extract "SimpleFeatures Plugins.zip" to the plugins folder.

3. Reboot.

4. Reload //tower in Firefox, no difference noticed.

5. Load //tower in IE, looks the same as Firefox.

6. ???

Looks like you ran into the same wall I did, and....I'm not sure why they don't update the installation instructions because it wasn't clearly evident what you had to do.

Here's what you have to do:

To install each of the plugins, you need to run the "installplg" command from the folder "/boot/config/plugins".

I used a Telnet app on Windows, cd'd to /boot/config/plugins

and ran: installplg simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

or you can type: installplg /boot/config/plugins/simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

Then I repeated for each of the separate plg files.

Hope this helps!

You'll also need to clear your browser's cache, to see the new gui.

got an error message on my unraid 5.0-RC8a with SF 1.0.5:

Warning: parse_ini_file(/var/local/emhttp/simpleFeatures.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 201

.) Letters are far to big

.) Temps are wrong (98°C ??? lol)

.) Size of Disk wrong

.) GUI seems completely broken

The old version (v1.0rc2/3) is working fine

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Zonediver

• Squid locked this topic