"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to run installplg if you reboot - unraid just runs installplg on each .plg file in the boot/config/plugins folder when it boots up. The issue I used to have was that my server wasn't connected to the Internet by the time the plugins were being installed on boot. It would obviously cause the downloads to fail.

The solution for me was to assign my tower a static ip. Since then, no issues.

Whiteatom

idea for plugin

wol client

i use this in boot extras with a simple cron job

wol-0.7.1-i686-1cf.txz

cron in go file

crontab -l > /tmp/file1; echo '#Start movie server' >> /tmp/file1; echo '01 8 * * * wol -v xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx' >>/tmp/file1; crontab /tmp/file1; rm /tmp/file1

but it would be nice to have a nice gui page to do this :P

especially with a lot of options to configure like some days of the week and so on

In unmenu, the main page can show the progress of a preclear. Is this available somewhere in simplefeatures? Couldn't find it.

That would be a cool feature.  No offence to Joe L., his unmenu is/was a truly wonderful addition to unRAID, but if we could get to a place where the bulk of it's functionality is in SimpleFeatures, I think that would be great.  It's such a lovely UI that I prefer to do everything I need from within it if possible.

In unmenu, the main page can show the progress of a preclear. Is this available somewhere in simplefeatures? Couldn't find it.

That would be a cool feature.  No offence to Joe L., his unmenu is/was a truly wonderful addition to unRAID, but if we could get to a place where the bulk of it's functionality is in SimpleFeatures, I think that would be great.  It's such a lovely UI that I prefer to do everything I need from within it if possible.

1+

Hi mates,

A great adition, to the stats page should be the average queue lenght along The time for each disk, to monitor posible cache problems in each disk, and also The iowait, sys and user percentage of CPU, individually.

The first data could be obtained from a sar -d command. And The secunde one from a sar -u or iowait command.

Both data can be historically recorded and display by enable SA statistics, vía de sa1 and sa2 cron jobs.

I will be fixing the email notifications script soon (sending ioctl 2285 issue) .

I'm really looking forward to this fix speeding_ant.  Will it start reporting the Parity Check status as well as UPS status when the power goes out?  Mine used to do this with the old unmenu setup, but now I only get the "unraid OK" emails.  I'm running my monthly parity check right now and the only way I know that is by going to the gui.  Again, looking forward to the new email notifications.  :)

Hi speeding ant - any update on when you will release the updated email notification package?

I've tried everything that I know...and I cannot for the life of me get the "SimpleFeatures" Email Notifications to work with my gmail.com email address.

Any ideas for me?

Attached is a screen shot of my settings!  FYI: My gmail password is very basic (no special characters)....Thanks for any and all help!

Sorry if it is so hard to see...here is a link to the file:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hgO55JKsR7k/ULJ_BtSeCTI/AAAAAAAAAYY/DaGeO14bFes/s512/Screen%2520Shot%25202012-11-25%2520at%25209.24.52%2520PM.png

Screen%2520Shot%25202012-11-25%2520at%25209.24.52%2520PM.png

It is not available in the current version 1.0.5.

I have created a new "preclear disk" plugin which works together with the latest version of SimpleFeatures (not released yet).

This plugin adds the possibility to do a preclear operation using the GUI on any of the disks which are not part of the array (unassigned disks are optionally displayed in the next SF version).

Progress of the preclear operation is shown in real-time in the GUI and runs in the background of the server. This eliminates the need of having a telnet session open for the duration of the preclear. One can leave the preclear page or even close the browser and return later to the preclear page to see and further follow the current state.

The plugin acts as a front-end to the (modified) "preclear_disk" script, courtesy of Joe L.

To make things work I needed to add 2 more optional switches to the command line of preclear_disk, which allow for auto-answering and output redirection.

It is written in such a way that multiple (new) disks can be precleared simultaneously, provided you have enough memory to do so.

awesome!  Where can we find your plugin?

Do you know when the new release of SF is coming?  I sure hope it includes an updated email notification that fixes the log bugs.

The plugin will be made available together with the new version of Simple Features (it is another .plg file)

Speeding_ant controls the releases of SF, it is up to him to decide.

Hey thanks for the great work your doing.  I can only hope Tom will make it the standard. One suggestion.... Could you add a favorite icon so when folks bookmark their mgmt page on a mobile device they get a nice app looking icon?  Just a nice touch is all. :)

In windows, you can change the icon to any icon size image that is available.  Just Right click on the shortcut, select 'Properties', then click on the 'Change Icon' there are a lot of them in the following file:

%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll

Could someone please explain the feature "Enable background polling for spun-down disks"?  I've searched the forums and no luck.  What impact does it have on the drives?  What information does it provide?  Does it just run periodic SMART tests when the disk are spun down?

Thanks in advance

Could someone please explain the feature "Enable background polling for spun-down disks"?  I've searched the forums and no luck.  What impact does it have on the drives?  What information does it provide?  Does it just run periodic SMART tests when the disk are spun down?

Thanks in advance

A SMART test may spin-up a disk when it is spun-down state this is usually the case for PATA connected drives, most SATA drives work fine. Therefore by default tests are disabled to prevent unnecessary spin-up of disks.

You can safely enable the setting and see if spun-down disks stay down (polling happens every 10 seconds).

I would like to suggest a few additions to the simplefeatures interface, if more people like it maybe they can be incorporated at some point:

1) Double file listing. The syslog gives the information but it would be nice if they could be shown in a way like the process and streams view, where the double could also be deleted with a single button press.

2) Better Disk Health indicators. SMART attributes are mostly relevent in their own trend, it would be great if there was a daily capture of all smart attributes and those attributes would be saved and presented graphically. UnMenu has a feature like that but it would benefit from the simplefeatures "polish" to make it look better..

What do you mean exactly with double file listing? You want the syslog to be displayed twice next to each other?

Creating a history for SMART is on the 'todo' list, haven't had time yet to dive into it !

I mean a listing of duplicate files... They are listed as rules in the syslog so it should not be hard to get the data, display it and add an option to delete the duplicate.

History for SMART would be really cool and usefull !

I mean a listing of duplicate files... They are listed as rules in the syslog so it should not be hard to get the data, display it and add an option to delete the duplicate.
Unfortunately, unraid doesn't currently know if the files actually are duplicates. A better way of putting it would be a file name collision. When you enable user shares, these two files will show as duplicates in the log

/mnt/disk1/share/test.txt

/mnt/disk2/share/test.txt

but unraid doesn't make any attempt to parse the files, it just makes a decision to show the first file it encounters as

/mnt/user/share/test.txt

and logs the duplicate name on disk 2 in the syslog. Blindly deleting the second file without checking the contents is a very bad idea. It very well could be that the second file is the correct one, and the first file is an old version. A better option would be to allow the renaming of the second file in some controlled fashion so both files show up in the user share and can be operated on from there. Alternatively I suppose a function could be written to parse the duplicate names and allow for deletion if the files actually were binary duplicates. Either way, it's not quite as easy as the log file would seem to imply.

All the more reason to have the handling of this simplified..

One would need data to make a decission, so a nice addon would be if the webpages could show:

- the filename it concerns

- the locations this file is found on

- filesize and data for the files in both locations

and then a few button-links that:

- can launch either of the two files (to see contents)

- can delete either of the two files

- can rename either of the two files

• Squid locked this topic