"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4.  When entering the Logs module, it just hangs until Chrome asks if I want to kill the page.  It never loads and is uasable.

Decided to use Chrome for 24hrs instead of FF.  Seeing the same issue when in log viewer.  As I'm not that used to Chrome, I wasn't sure if it was something wrong with my settings.  Is this a known problem?

I'm trying to setup the DNS Server using the /boot/extra/simpleFeatures.dns.server-1.0.5-i486-1.tgz

In the unraid webGUI under Network Services, there are many options and I'm not sure how to set this up.

I have a few different addresses that I'd like to have as local-only

Newznab on http://192.168.0.30:8882  (unraid static IP running Newznab on port 8882 with the SFwebserver)

Spotweb on http://192.168.0.30:8884  (unraid static IP running Spotweb on port 8882 with the SFwebserver)

with the overall goal of having working web addresses I can put into Sickbeard and Couchpotato for these to work as advised/described elsewhere: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=24676.msg222592#msg222592

i haven't found any reference to SimpleFeatures having a GUI for APCUPSD-install and/or control, right?)?

There is a APC UPS plugin that can be used in SF. I'm using this one:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=15583.0

not to threadjack, but jowi, could you please check the following message/thread: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=15583.msg222787#msg222787

we may need your help

Thanks

I currently have Unraid 5.0 RC3 installed, with matching SF 1.0RC3.  I am getting ready to move to Unraid 5.0 RC11, and would like to upgrade SF to the newest at the same time.  In the OP it is noted that you should make a backup of your flash, due to settings being deleted... 

Is there a way to move my current settings from SF 1.0RC3 into the new  SF 1.0.5 plugin setup?? 

Hi everyone,

SimpleFeatures is excellent but I have a tiny problem. The main page creates too high rows which means that when you have lots of disks (i have 19+parity) you have to unnecessarily (even in full screen) scroll in order to view everything, especially if you want to view the info and options at the low end of the page (status, reboot, etc) which are also unnecessarily distant from each other.

I know I am nitpicking, but still, I wonder if there is an easy way for me to fiddle with SimpleFeatures in order to change the html?

Hi everyone,

SimpleFeatures is excellent but I have a tiny problem. The main page creates too high rows which means that when you have lots of disks (i have 19+parity) you have to unnecessarily (even in full screen) scroll in order to view everything, especially if you want to view the info and options at the low end of the page (status, reboot, etc) which are also unnecessarily distant from each other.

I know I am nitpicking, but still, I wonder if there is an easy way for me to fiddle with SimpleFeatures in order to change the html?

The setting Table view spacing under display settings can be changed to "narrow" to allow more rows on the screen.

I love this plugin, fantastic work!

But is there any way to set it up to e-mail you if there is an issue rather than it constantly e-mailing me every hour,

as I have it set up to mail my phone, but I only want to know if there is a fault.

I've probably overlooked something, but can't seem to set it up how I want it.

Cheers :D

But is there any way to set it up to e-mail you if there is an issue rather than it constantly e-mailing me every hour,

as I have it set up to mail my phone, but I only want to know if there is a fault.

Under 'E-mail Notifications' on the 'Settings' page', change, 'Email Frequency' to 1440.  That will cause it to only send an E-mail once a day. 

For what's it worth, I'm now running rc11 and SF 1.05 with no major issues.  I still have the syslog issue, but SpeedingAnt has already said he would fix that, along with the other minor bugs.

Does emhttp still crash after a parity check finishes?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Under 'E-mail Notifications' on the 'Settings' page', change, 'Email Frequency' to 1440.  That will cause it to only send an E-mail once a day.

Ok, I am embarrassed , I never noticed that  :-[

Thanks a lot

For what's it worth, I'm now running rc11 and SF 1.05 with no major issues.  I still have the syslog issue, but SpeedingAnt has already said he would fix that, along with the other minor bugs.

Does emhttp still crash after a parity check finishes?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't crash on me, but then again, it never did.

Ok, I am new to Unraid and trying to install this, so bear with me.  I did like instructions said on front page, but I must be doing something stupid.

I am on windows 7 and navigated to my unraid server under network and selected the flash folder on my server.  Made a new directory in config, named it plugins.  Copied all the files from the simple features zip into this directory.  Stopped the array and selected reboot option.  Cleared temp files in IE and pulled server back up and still looks like the same web gui always had.  Using rc10 by the way.  I checked flash drive and simplefeatures folder was created in the plugins directory.  I even tried in chrome, but same result.  So what am I not doing right here?

Thanks guys

Thanks for that,

Does that mean if I set it at 1440 now, I'll receive and e-mail every day at that time I set it? or is there a default time of day it sends it.

What the easiest way to install this?

I installed the latest 5vRC11 and copied all the *.plg to /boot/config/plugins

But to install I have to go installplg and then each name.

Is this correct?

As per your instructions it just says Copy the files and it should work.

But when I reboot unRAID this message pops up:

wget: unable to resolve host address 'unraid-simplefeatures.googlecode.com'

This line appears multiple times, just before the login.

What the easiest way to install this?

I installed the latest 5vRC11 and copied all the *.plg to /boot/config/plugins

But to install I have to go installplg and then each name.

Is this correct?

As per your instructions it just says Copy the files and it should work.

But when I reboot unRAID this message pops up:

This line appears multiple times, just before the login.

Sounds like your server can't reach the internet to download the files.  Try installing the webgui plugin manually to ensure your server has no internet access issue.  If that works, then perhaps your nic driver isn't loading fastest enough. The gods here will want to see your syslog to confirm the issue.

@ Speeding_ant

Can you please add cpu temp to the Unraid Stats in the next release?  I don't think there is a easy way to check cpu temp in unraid or SF of today and that would be a good stat to have.

Another suggestion - what about making htop part of SF?

Thanks!

Sounds like your server can't reach the internet to download the files.  Try installing the webgui plugin manually to ensure your server has no internet access issue.  If that works, then perhaps your nic driver isn't loading fastest enough. The gods here will want to see your syslog to confirm the issue.

Hey Man.

Thanks for the reply.

What is the webgui plugin?

And yes I can confirm that my server has access to the internet, but as you say it may not be connecting quick enough.

Hey Man.

Thanks for the reply.

What is the webgui plugin?

And yes I can confirm that my server has access to the internet, but as you say it may not be connecting quick enough.

I assume you have downloaded the SF package (zip file with all the SF plugins)  If not, go do that.

For SF to work, you must have simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg installed.  The rest of them are optional, as far as I know.  That said, I install all of them and have never tried just the main plugin. 

Try installing the main one from your command line, to ensure it works.  It will connect to the source via the internet and download what it needs.  If that works, simply do a reboot so you get a fresh syslog and post it here.  Besure to look over your syslog and remove any login info for your email accounts, etc before posting your syslog.

I'm seem to recall that others had a issue with nic drivers not loading fast enough.  I think there is a way to pause the boot script to allow the nic to establish a link, but you'll have to search for it, unless somebody replies to your post here with that information.

So I installed the core manually via:

installplg simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.5-noarch-1.plg

Rebooted and nope still getting the same:

Will install the rest manually.

Make sure you have DNS and router settings properly set in your unRAID network settings page.

• Squid locked this topic